FC DALLAS vs SEATTLE SOUNDERS
MLS Regular Season, Week 14
June 1 - 7:00PM
Toyota Stadium-Frisco, TX
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 5-6-3 (18 pts., 7th in West)
- SEA record: 7-2-5 (26 pts., 2nd in West)
- FCD vs. SEA all-time: 6-11-6 (26 GF, 41 GA)
- FCD vs. SEA Home: 1-8-1 (7 GF, 27 GA)
- FC Dallas returns home this week after a 2-1 loss in Vancouver over the weekend. After a lot of movement in the roster, Dallas is looking to break a six-game winless streak and build momentum heading into a mid-June international break. Seattle is coming off a 3-2 loss against Kansas City, unable to fight back after a Johnny Russell hat trick. Seattle has had a strong season thus far, picking up points in six of their last seven with two wins and four draws.
- Seatte head coach Brian Schmetzer has shown a similar approach to that of Luchi Gonzalez when it comes to tactically preparing his team. Both teams have relied on a next-man-up mentality as well as tactical flexibility in formations and positional lineups as both rosters have dealt with a plethora of injuries.
- With veteran Chad Marshall retiring last week and Kim Kee Hee playing just 38 minutes over the weekend, the Sounders have to fill a big role in their backline. Marshall was a cornerstone of their defense, starting the eight of the team's first 10 games. Last week against Kansas City Xavier Arreaga made his MLS debut after Kee Hee went down with a first-half injury.
- This could be one of the last time over the next few weeks that both teams will have a number of international players available. FC Dallas will be without Pablo Aranguiz this weekend as he's on duty with the Chile U-23s, Carlos Gruezo likely will leave for Ecuador duty after this weekend, while Bryan Acosta and Reggie Cannon could get called up as preliminary roster options for their respective nations in the Gold Cup. Seattle potentially will be losing key pieces in Jordy Delem, Jordan Morris, Alex Roldan and Roman Torres up for selection following the match on Saturday. Both Dallas and Seattle have players on this list that are key players in their rosters.