- Zdeněk Ondrášek makes his first MLS start.
- Ema Twumasi made his second MLS appearance after substituting in for John Nelson in the 76th minute.
- FC Dallas returns home to face Los Angeles FC in the series finale on Sunday, May 19 at 6:30 PM CT. Match will be broadcasted on Texas 21, FCDallas.com/Radio and 1270AM.
LOS ANGELES - FC Dallas falls to Los Angeles FC 2-0 at Banc of California Stadium courtesy of goals from Carlos Vela and Diego Rossi.
- 10’ – Carlos Vela hit the crossbar with an fantastic curling effort from a free kick outside FC Dallas’ box.
- 20’ – Latif Blessing received the ball at the top of Dallas’ box and drove past Jacori Hayes to the end-line but Reggie Cannon was able to block the ensuing cross.
- 35’ – Carlos Vela slipped a pass in for Latif Blessing who dribbled towards Jesse Gonzalez’s goal but his shot was high over the bar.
- 39’ – Eduard Atuesta connected with Vela inside the box and he curled a signature left-footed shot passed Jesse Gonzalez into the side netting to open the scoring.
- 43’ – Carlos Vela nearly got his second goal of the night with a long-range effort but it landed just over the crossbar.
- 60’ – Jacori Hayes attempted a shot from outside LAFC’s box but it was blocked by Eddie Segura.
- 62’ – Diego Rossi dribbled dangerously in FC Dallas’ box and slipped past Reggie Cannon but Matt Hedges was able to intercept and clear.
- 67’ – Latif Blessing dispossessed John Nelson and found Adama Diomande in the box but his volley went wide of the mark.
- 71’ – Diego Rossi nearly doubled Los Angeles’ lead after getting in behind Dallas’ backline but he narrowly missed with a shot towards the far post.
- 74’ – Jesus Ferreira set up Pablo Aranguiz after a quick counterattack but the Chilean’s shot was high and wide.
- 77’ – Pablo Aranguiz nearly levelled the game with a vicious volley from the edge of LA’s box after a slick one-touch setup from Reto Ziegler but it was just wide of Tyler Miller’s near-post.
- 83’ – Diego Rossi doubled LA’s lead with an easy tap-in after Adama Diomande evaded an on-rushing Jesse Gonzalez with a clever square pass.
- 89’ – Carlos Vela nearly scored LAFC’s third goal with a one-on-one opportunity against Jesse Gonzalez but his chip bounced narrowly wide.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Matheus Bressan; Reggie Cannon, Jacori Hayes, Bryan Acosta, John Nelson (Ema Twumasi – 76’); Jesús Ferreira, Michael Barrios (Pablo Aránguiz – 49’); Zdeněk Ondrášek (Ryan Hollingshead – 63’).
Substitutes not used — Jimmy Maurer, Bryan Reynolds, Callum Montgomery, Thomas Roberts.
Los Angeles FC — Tyler Miller; Steven Beitashour, Walker Zimmerman, Eddie Segura, Jordan Harvey; Mark-Anthony Kaye, Eduard Atuesta (André Horta – 78’), Latif Blessing; Carlos Vela, Christian Ramirez (Adama Diomande – 60’), Diego Rossi (Lee Nguyen – 88’).
Substitutes not used — Danilo Silva, Mohamed El Monir, Joshua Pérez, Pablo Sisniega.
LAFC: Carlos Vela (Eduard Atuesta) – 39’
LAFC: Diego Rossi (Adama Diomande) – 83’
FCD: Bryan Acosta (caution) – 64’
LAFC: Walker Zimmerman (caution) – 68’
Weather: Sunny, 63
Attendance: 22,001 (sellout)
Referee: Allen Chapman
Assistant Referees: Jeremy Hanson, Mike Kampmeinert
4th Official: Alex Chilowicz
VAR Official: Guido Gonzalez Jr.