FC DALLAS vs. HOUSTON DYNAMO
MLS Regular Season, Week 10
May 4 - 3:00PM
BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston, TX
Univision, Twitter | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
FRISCO - FC Dallas opens up the 2019 Texas Derby on Saturday with the first of two meetings against in-state rival Houston Dynamo.
- FCD record: 5-2-2 (17 pts., 4th in West)
- HOU record: 5-1-1 (16 pts., 5th in West)
- FCD vs. HOU all-time: 10-10-13 (43 GF, 35 GA)
- FCD vs. HOU away: 4-7-6 (25 GF, 30 GA)
- FC Dallas heads on the road this weekend hoping to regain momentum after a 0-0 draw against San Jose at home last weekend. The Dynamo head into the matchup with a 5-1-1 record, yet to be defeated at home. They have only lost once in their first six games, a 2-1 result to the Galaxy two weeks ago.
- Dallas has the youngest average roster in the league at 24.12 years old, led by 10 Homegrowns, with six of them under the age of 20. Houston, on the other hand, has the fourth oldest average age at 26.9 years old, with seven players who have played in over 100 MLS games.
MANOTAS STARTING STRONG
- Dynamo forward Mauro Manotas has been a staple in the Houston’s lineup since he was acquired in 2015. Manotas has played at least 80 minutes of every game since September 2018. In that time, he has scored 11 goals for the Dynamo - his most recent last weekend against Columbus Crew SC. Manotas has had a goal or an assist all but three games during that stretch, and is a key playmaker to watch for heading into the Derby.
FOR EL CAPITAN
- FC Dallas won back El Capitan last year against Houston with a 4-2 win over the Dynamo in the decisive third leg. Heading into the first 2019 meeting, the teams are neck-and-neck in the West with Houston sporting a 5-1-1 record and FC Dallas with record of 5-2-2. Both teams have historically had an advantage at home, and El Capitan will have a front row seat at Toyota Stadium for the second leg when the two teams meet again on Aug. 24.