FC Dallas hand Atlanta United FC first defeat at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in 10 months
- Jesus Ferreira scores the first goal for FC Dallas in back-to-back matches.
- Jesse Gonzalez makes a season-high seven saves to help FC Dallas beat Atlanta.
- Bryan Acosta scores his second goal of the season.
- Bressan makes his first MLS start for FC Dallas, playing 61 minutes.
Atlanta, GA - FC Dallas earn three points at Mercedes-Benz Stadium after defeating Atlanta United FC, 2-1, with goals from Jesus Ferreira and Bryan Acosta.
- 6’ – Jesus Ferreira sloted home the first goal of the match from a Michael Barrios cross outside the box after Barrios intercepted the ball from Atlanta.
- 26’ – Ezequiel Barco attempted to find an equalizer but his shot outside the box hit the right post following an Atlanta corner.
- 41’ – Reto Ziegler’s curling shot was saved by Brad Guzan in the bottom right following a free kick.
- 45’ +5’ – Jesse Gonzalez made a last minute save in the first half after Barco curls his shot to the bottom right of the goal outside the box.
- 52’ – Gonzalez with a diving save towards his left post off a Gressel free kick.
- 61’ – Barco hit the frame for the second time of the evening from a free kick.
- 67’ – Brek Shea inches away to put the equalizer in after breaking into the box and chipping the ball over a rushing out Gonzalez
- 79’ – Gonzalez with another save after Josef Martínez turned around a defender and got away a shot from close range.
- 82’ – Gonzalez made a crucial reflex save to keep FC Dallas’ lead intact towards the corner of his left post after Leandro González Pirez attempts a header.
- 84’ – Bryan Acosta doubled the lead for FC Dallas in similar fashion to Dallas’ first goal of the match. Edwin Cerrillo sends a long shot to Barrios and Acosta connects with a cross from Barrios to score to the bottom left corner.
- 90+7’ – Martínez scored the first goal for Atlanta from the penalty spot after Shea was fouled by Carlos Gruezo inside the box.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Bressan (John Nelson – 61’); Ryan Hollingshead, Edwin Cerrillo, Carlos Gruezo, Reggie Cannon; Paxton Pomykal (Jacori Hayes – 86’); Jesus Ferreira (Bryan Acosta – 72’), Michael Barrios.
Substitutes not used — Jimmy Maurer, Zdenek Ondrasek, Pablo Aránguiz, Santiago Mosquera.
Atlanta United — Brad Guzan; Michael Parkhurst, Miles Robinson, Leandro González Pirez, Brek Shea; Jeff Larentowicz, Darlington Nagbe; Julian Gressel (Dion Pereira – 80’), Ezequiel Barco, Héctor Villalba (Gonzalo Martinez – 65’); Josef Martínez.
Substitutes not used — Alec Kann, Florentin Pogba, Franco Escobar, Romario Williams, Andrew Carleton.
FCD: Jesus Ferreira (Michael Barrios) – 6’
FCD: Bryan Acosta (Michael Barrios) – 84’
ATL: Josef Martínez (penalty) – 90’+7’
ATL: Leandro González Pirez (caution) – 40’
FCD: Matt Hedges (caution) – 59’
ATL: Jeff Larentowicz (caution) – 61’
FCD: Michael Barrios (caution) – 63’
FCD: Jesse Gonzalez (caution) – 74’
FCD: Jacori Hayes (caution) – 90+6’
FCD: Bryan Acosta (caution) – 90+7’
Referee: Armando Villarreal
Assistant Referees: Jason White, Jose da Silva
4th Official: Alejandro Mariscal
VAR Official: Jorge Gonzalez