Ricardo Pepi scores a penalty in stoppage time to seal a dramatic win
FRISCO - Sixteen-year-old Ricardo Pepi scores his fourth goal of the season with a penalty in stoppage time to win the game for North Texas.
- 2’ – An early chance for Oscar Romero as he drove into the box but his low shot was just wide of the post.
- 4’ – Another chance for Oscar Romero as he connected with Bryan Reynolds' cross from the right wing but his first-time shot went high over the bar.
- 11’ – Brandon Servania with a great chance in the box from a corner but Ryan Coulter made a good save and the danger was cleared.
- 29’ – Arturo Rodriguez nearly opened the scoring for North Texas but his volley was saved well by Coulter in goal.
- 32’ – Great save from Carlos Avilez to stop Jeff Michaud's long-range shot that was swerving.
- 49’ – Arturo Rodriguez forced a save from Coulter with a shot from just inside the box.
- 56’ – Ricardo Pepi had a sight of goal after controlling a flick on header from Alfusainey Jatta but his shot was wide of the near-post.
- 71’ – Alfusainey Jatta tried a long-range shot and forced a diving save from Coulter.
- 84’ – Gibran Rayo nearly broke the deadlock after receiving a through-ball from Arturo Rodriguez but Coulter was again able to make the save.
- 90’ – Ricardo Pepi scored his fourth goal of the season with a penalty to win the game for North Texas.
North Texas SC — Carlos Avilez; John Nelson, Callum Montgomery, Brecc Evans, Bryan Reynolds; Brandon Servania, Alfusainey Jatta (Bicou Bissainthe - 86’), Arturo Rodriguez; Ronaldo Damus (Dante Sealy - 65’), Ricardo Pepi, Oscar Romero (Gibran Rayo - 46’)
Substitutes not used — Hector Montalvo, Cesar Murillo, Zach Schawl
Forward Madison FC — Ryan Coulter; Christian Diaz, Shaun Russell, Connor Tobin, Carl Schneider (Jiro Toyama - 68’); J.C. Banks, Jeff Michaud, Josiel Nunez (Eric Leonard - 81’); Paulo Jr., Don Smart, Brian Bement (Zaire Bartley - 64’)
Substitutes not used — Brian Sylvestre, Brandon Eaton, Ally Ng’Anzi, Vital Nizigiyimana
- NTX: Ricardo Pepi– 90’
- NTX: Oscar Romero (caution) – 7’
- MAD: Bryan Brement (caution) – 18’
- MAD: Ryan Coulter (caution) – 90’
Weather: Rain, 49
Referee: Chris Ruska
Assistant Referee: Matthew Seem
Assistant Referee: Joel Mckell
4th Official: Fevzi Demirhan