Ferreira, Ziegler find the back of the net to keep FC Dallas undefeated at home
- Jesus Ferreira scores his second goal of the season in the 9th minute.
- Reto Ziegler scores his fourth career penalty in the 60th minute.
- Bressan makes his MLS debut after being subbed on in the 87th minute.
- FC Dallas travels to Mercedes Benz Stadium to face Atlanta United FC on Saturday, April 20 at 3 PM CT. Game will be broadcasted on ESPN.
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas earns a 2-1 victory against the Portland Timbers on a rainy Saturday night at Toyota Stadium.
- 9’ – Jesus Ferreira opened the scoring for FC Dallas after being put through on goal when Michael Barrios’ pass deflected off the defender and into his path in behind Portland’s backline.
- 26’ – Reggie Cannon charged into Portland’s half before laying the ball of to Michael Barrios whose cross was deflected out for a corner kick.
- 28’ – Michael Barrios forced a save from Jeff Attinella from a tight angle after Carlos Gruezo found him in the box.
- 31’ – Pablo Aránguiz nearly doubled the lead for FC Dallas after latching onto Michael Barrios’ cutback cross but his shot went just over the bar.
- 34’ – Ferreira was inches away from getting his second goal of the match but his right-footed shot from the edge of the box went just wide of the target.
- 44’ – Barrios broke into the box from the left and forced Jeff Attinella in goal to a strong save towards his left post.
- 60’ – Reto Ziegler converts a penalty with a left-footed shot to the top right of the net after Jorge Moreira fouls Pablo Aranguiz inside the box.
- 63’ – Ferreira with another close attempt inside the box to make it 3-0, but the shot hit the lower part of the left post.
- 67’ – Timbers reduced the game to 2-1 after a heading effort inside the six yard box from Cristhian Paredes on a Sebastián Blanco cross.
- 84’ – Diego curled a free kick in for the guests that forced Jesse Gonzalez to his third save of the night on a Bill Tuiloma header.
- 90+4’ – Gonzalez with a game winning save off the line on a Dairon Asprilla shot from close range.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Ryan Hollingshead, Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Reggie Cannon; Edwin Cerrillo (Jacori Hayes – 78’), Paxton Pomykal, Carlos Gruezo; Pablo Aránguiz (Santiago Mosquera – 72’), Jesús Ferreira (Matheus Bressan – 87’), Michael Barrios.
Portland Timbers — Jeff Attinella; Larrys Mabiala, Bill Tuiloma, Julio Cascante (Dairon Asprilla – 70’), Jorge Moreira; Andres Flores (Tomás Conechny – 87’), Cristhian Paredes (Diego Valeri – 70’), Diego Chara; Sebastián Blanco, Jeremy Ebobisse, Zarek Valentin.
Substitutes not used — Steve Clark, Claude Dielna, Jorge Villafaña, David Guzmán.
- FCD: Jesús Ferreira – 9’
- FCD: Reto Ziegler (PK) – 60’
- POR: Cristhian Paredes (Sebastián Blanco, Diego Chara) – 67’
- POR: Diego Chara (caution) – 51’
- FCD: Paxton Pomykal (caution) – 65’
Weather: Drizzle, 49
Referee: Marcos DeOliveira
Assistant Referees: Jeffrey Greeson, Eduardo Mariscal
4th Official: Victor Rivas
VAR Official: Hilario Grajeda
AVAR Official: Kevin Terry