Ricardo Pepi scores a hat trick to clinch North Texas SC’ historic first win in USL League One
FRISCO - Ricardo Pepi put on an impressive three-goal show to earn North Texas SC its first victory in the inaugural season opener of USL League One at Toyota Stadium.
- 1’ – First attack of the game, Dante Sealy's cross finds Ricardo Pepi but his volley is off target.
- 6’ – Dante Sealy is whistled for a late challenge on Sito Seoane.
- 13’ – Ricardo Pepi scores the first USL League 1 goal in club history off of an assist from Oscar Romero after shooting the ball under a rushing out Alex Mangels in Chattanooga’s goal
- 14’ – Pepi almost scores his second off the night but Alex Mangels is able to make the save.
- 23’ – Brecc Evans makes an important defensive stop in his own box to end a Chattanooga counterattack.
- 25’ – Sealy gets away a shot just inside the box after playing a trick corner.
- 32’ – Callum Montgomery makes a strong defensive block to stop a shooting attempt on goal.
- 38’ – Sealy is brought down in the box after a quick counter-attack, but no call from the referee.
- 39’ – Alfusainey Jatta puts Pepi through on goal but Mangels closes the distance quickly and makes the save.
- 43’ – Jimmy Maurer makes a save towards his left post after a shoot from Chattanooga’s Sito.
- 50’ – Dante Sealy almost gets our 4th goal of the game off a Bryan Reynolds cross but his close-range shot is saved.
- 62’ – Pepi doubles the lead for North Texas SC after an easy tap in inches from the goal line.
- 87’ – Eamon Zayed almost cuts the deficit in half with a header that goes just wide
- 78’ – Pepi scores a hattrick after snapping up a defensive mistake an chips the ball over Mangels in goal.
- 90+2’ – Richard Dixon reduces the lead once more with a header after a well timed cross from the left.
North Texas SC — Jimmy Maurer; Kevin Bonilla (Imanol Almaguer – 57’), Callum Montgomery, Brecc Evans, Bryan Reynolds; Brandon Servania, Alfusainey Jatta, Arturo Rodriguez (Bicou Bissainthe – 68’); Oscar Romero, Ricardo Pepi, Dante Sealy (Ronaldo Damus – 81’).
Substitutes not used — Carlos Avilez, David Rodriguez.
Chattanooga Red Wolves SC — Alex Mangels; Richard Dixon, Nicholas Amponsah, Andrew Kendall-Moullin, Jonathan Caparelli (Amirgy Pineda – 79’); Conor Doyle, Steven Beattie; Josue Soto (Vangjel Zguro – 62’), Ualefi, Eamon Zayed, Sito Seoane (Juan Ignacio Mare – 62’).
Substitutes not used — Will Dietrich, Leo Folla, Colin Falvey.
NTX: Ricardo Pepi – 13’
NTX: Ricardo Pepi – 62’
NTX: Ricardo Pepi – 82’
CHT: Steven Beattie – 84’
CHT: Richard Dixon – 90+2’
CHT: Josue Soto (caution) – 51’
CHT: Richard Dixon (caution) – 53’
NTX: Brandon Servania (caution) – 67’
Weather: Cloudy, 67
Referee: Marco Vega
Assistant Referee: Mark Novosel
Assistant Referee: Kaili Terry
4th Official: Travis Haight