Dallas finds first road win and back-to-back win of 2019
- FC Dallas started five Homegrown players for the fifth time in club history and first time in back-to-back matches
- Carlos Gruezo scored the third-fastest goal in club history, only needing 45 seconds to find the back of the net
- Paxton Pomykal scored his first two MLS goals, while Jesus Ferreira netted his first of the season
- FC Dallas will play Philadelphia Union on Saturday, April 6 at 6:30 PM CT at Talen Energy Stadium.
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - FC Dallas earned its first road win of 2019 with a 4-2 result over Real Salt Lake with three different players finding the net for the first time this season for FCD.
- 1’ – Jesus Ferreira finds Michael Barrios at the top of the 18-yard-box, quickly sending a first-touch pass to Carlos Gruezo on the right edge of the area. The Ecuador international fires a shot to the right side of goal for his first tally of the season just 45 seconds in.
- 31’ – Jefferson Savarino ties the match for Real Salt Lake firing a low shot to the right side at the top of the 18.
- 32’ – Paxton Pomykal scores his first MLS goal after beating two defenders inside the box and going head-to-head with Nick Rimando firing straight to the bottom left to give FC Dallas the lead.
- 64’ – Paxton Pomykal calmly nets his second goal of the match with a shot from the top of the 18 that deflects off Nedum Onuoha and past Nick Rimando for the eventual game-winner.
- 66’ – Marcelo rises over Reggie Cannon and connects on the end of an Albert Rusnak corner for RSL’s second goal.
- 69’ – Barrios works his way to the end line before firing a low cross into the box, where Jesus Ferreira finds the back of the net for his first goal of the season.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Reggie Cannon, Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler, Ryan Hollingshead; Carlos Gruezo, Edwin Cerrillo (Bryan Acosta – 53’), Paxton Pomykal; Michael Barrios, Jesús Ferreira (Zdenek Ondrasek – 81’), Pablo Aránguiz (Jacori Hayes – 64’).
Substitutes not used — Kyle Zobeck, John Nelson, Matheus Bressan, Thomas Roberts.
Real Salt Lake — Nick Rimando; Aaron Herrera, Nedum Onuoha, Erik Holt (Marcelo Silva – 11’), Albert Rusnák; Sebastián Saucedo (Corey Baird – 62’), Damir Kreilach, Kyle Beckerman, Everton Luiz, Brooks Lennon; Jefferson Savarino.
Substitutes not used — Andrew Putna, Donny Toia, Tate Schmitt, Sam Johnson, Nick Besler.
FCD: Carlos Gruezo (Michael Barrios, Jesús Ferreira) – 1’
RSL: Jefferson Savarino (Sebastián Saucedo) – 31’
FCD: Paxton Pomykal – 32’
FCD: Paxton Pomykal (Jesús Ferreira, Ryan Hollingshead) – 64’
RSL: Marcelo Silva (Albert Rusnák) – 66’
FCD: Jesús Ferreira (Michael Barrios, Matt Hedges) – 69’
RSL: Damir Kreilach (ejection) – 17’
RSL: Kyle Beckerman (caution) – 44’
FCD: Reggie Cannon (caution) – 45’+1’
RSL: Sebastián Saucedo (caution) – 48’
FCD: Jesse Gonzalez (caution) – 53’
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 48
Referee: Baldomero Toledo
Assistant Referees: Corey Parker, Chris Elliott
4th Official: Mark Allatin
VAR Official: Geoff Gamble
AVAR Official: Sean Hurd