Ryan Hollingshead scores the game-winning goal in 82nd minute
- FC Dallas started five Homegrown players for the fourth time in club history
- Homegrowns Edwin Cerrillo and Jesus Ferreira make first MLS starts
- Thomas Roberts and Zdenek Ondrasek make MLS debuts as substitutes
- FC Dallas will play Real Salt Lake in the second road game of the season on Saturday, March 30 at 8:00 PM CT at Rio Tinto Stadium.
- 3’ – Dominique Badji nearly opens the scoring early for FC Dallas with a low shot directly from a corner kick but it strikes the post and Paxton Pomykal is unable to get the rebound shot on target.
- 5’ – Dallas hits the post again this time from a Paxton Pomykal shot that was deflected up by Tim Howard and off the crossbar.
- 21’ – Jesse Gonzalez makes a crucial save from Andre Shinyashiki who was through on goal after a well coordinated counterattack from Colorado.
- 21’ – Keegan Rosenberry puts in a driven low cross but Matt Hedges is able to clear the danger away.
- 35’ – Michael Barrios opens the scoring for FC Dallas with a low shot into the bottom corner of the net after receiving a pass from Jesus Ferreira in the box
- 44’ – Jesus Ferreira has a clear sight of goal after receiving a pass at the top of the box from Reggie Cannon but his shot is straight at Tim Howard.
- 48’ – Dominique Badji nearly grabs the second goal of the game for FC Dallas after getting on the end of Reggie Cannon’s low cross but his shot goes over the bar from close range.
- 59’ – Pablo Aranguiz finds some space on the right wing and attempts a shot at Tim Howard’s goal but it squeezes just wide of the far post.
- 64’ –Ryan Hollingshead nearly scores Dallas’ second goal of the game but Tim Howard gets his fingertips to it and makes the save.
- 69’ – Colorado equalizes after a VAR review showed that the ball crossed the goal-line after Tommy Smith knocked in a rebound from close range.
- 82’ – Ryan Hollingshead scores from a rebound after Tim Howard blocked Zdenek Ondrasek’s low shot and the ball fell to Hollingshead in the box.
- 90’ – Santiago Mosquera almost ensures the game for FC Dallas with a third goal but Tim Howard is able to make the save.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Reggie Cannon, Matt Hedges, Reto Ziegler, Ryan Hollingshead; Edwin Cerrillo, Paxton Pomykal, Pablo Aránguiz (Santiago Mosquera – 67’); Dominique Badji (Zdenek Ondrasek – 79’), Jesús Ferreira (Thomas Roberts – 80’), Michael Barrios.
Colorado Rapids — Tim Howard; Axel Sjoberg, Tommy Smith, Keegan Rosenberry, Dillon Serna; Jack Price, Cole Bassett, Kellyn Acosta, Nicolas Mezquida (Sam Nicholson – 81’); Kei Kamara, Andre Shinyashiki (Niki Jackson – 67’)
Substitutes not used — Clint Irwin, Danny Wilson, Deklan Wynne, Sam Vines, Nana Boateng.
Weather: Rainy, 67
Referee: Christopher Penso
Assistant Referees: Jeff Hosking, Cory Richardson
4th Official: Rubiel Vazquez
VAR Official: Tim Ford
AVAR Official: Jonathan Johnson