Luchi Gonzalez earns his first victory as FC Dallas’ head coach after goals by Reto Ziegler and Bryan Acosta.
- Reto Ziegler scored first goal of the match in 53rd minute.
- Bryan Acosta scored his first goal of the season in the 61st minute.
- Edwin Cerrillo made his MLS debut in the 79th minute.
- FC Dallas will play its first away game of the 2019 MLS season against Columbus Crew on Saturday, March 16 at 1 PM.
FRISCO - FC Dallas earns its first shutout of the season in the 2-0 win against LA Galaxy on Saturday, March 9.
- 3’ – Paxton Pomykal has an early sight of goal but his left-footed shot goes a few feet wide of the post.
- 17’ – Sebastian Lletget attempts to catch Jesse Gonzalez out of his goal with a curling chip shot but it sails just high and wide.
- 23’ – Lletget finds space in FC Dallas’ box and connects with a low cross but his shot goes over the goal.
- 28’ – Uriel Antuna sees his lofted cross hit the far post but Ryan Hollingshead is on hand to put the ball out of play from the rebound.
- 30’ – Dom Badji forces a good save from David Bingham and Michael Barrios nearly arrives in time to stab home the rebound but the danger is cleared away.
- 36’ – Dom Badji is inches away from opening the scoring after rounding the keeper but his shot from a narrow angle hit the side netting.
- 45’ – Rolf Feltscher hits the crossbar with a first-time shot after Antuna’s cross from the left wing slipped past four FC Dallas defenders.
- 53’ – Reto Ziegler slots the ball into the bottom right corner of the net from the penalty spot after Diego Polenta fouled Matt Hedges in the box.
- 61’ – Bryan Acosta scores his first goal for FC Dallas with an outstanding first-time volley from outside the box after Paxton Pomykal crossed it back from the end-line.
- 79’ – Diego Polenta attempts a deep cross looking for Efrain Alvarez but Jesse Gonzalez collects it comfortably.
- 81’ – Daniel Steres nearly gets a goal back for the Galaxy with a flicked header but it ends up just wide of the post.
- 82’ – Bryan Acosta manages to get a shot off after some slick passing in the box by FC Dallas but his effort lacks power and Bingham saves easily.
- 90’ – Jesse Gonzalez makes an incredible fingertip save to stop Efrain Alvarez from halving the deficit late in the game.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Ryan Hollingshead, Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Reggie Cannon (Marquinhos Pedroso – 46’); Paxton Pomykal, Carlos Gruezo, Bryan Acosta; Santiago Mosquera (Edwin Cerrillo – 79’), Dominique Badji, Michael Barrios (Pablo Aranguiz – 89’).
Substitutes not used — Jimmy Maurer, Brandon Servania, Jesus Ferreira, Matheus Bressan.
Los Angeles Galaxy — David Bingham; Jørgen Skjelvik, Diego Polenta, Daniel Steres, Rolf Feltscher; Uriel Antuna, Joe Corona, Jonathan dos Santos, Emmanuel Boateng (Ethan Zubak – 75’); Sebastian Lletget (Efrain Alvarez – 59’), Chris Pontius.
Substitutes not used — David Romney, Servando Carrasco, Emil Cuello, Matt Lampson, Julian Araujo.
FCD: Reto Ziegler (PK) – 53’
FCD: Bryan Acosta (Paxton Pomykal) – 61’
LA: Rolf Feltscher (caution) – 21’
LA: Sebastian Lletget (caution) – 35’
FCD: Matt Hedges (caution) – 63’
LA: Daniel Steres (caution) – 71’
LA: Diego Polenta (caution) – 75’
FCD: Michael Barrios (caution) – 80’
LA: Jonathan dos Santos (caution) – 90’
Weather: Sunny, 76F
Referee: Armando Villarreal
Assistant Referee: Ian B. Anderson
Assistant Referee: TJ Zablocki
4th Official: Joseph Dickerson
VAR Official: Jose Carlos Rivero
AVAR Official: Adam Garner