FC Dallas remains atop the West after a loss at Audi Field
- FC Dallas will face off against Sporting Kansas City on Sunday, Oct. 21 at 4 PM CT for the final home game of the regular season.
- The National Soccer Hall of Fame Induction Weekend begins Saturday, Oct. 20 with the NSHOF Induction Ceremony.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – FC Dallas falls to D.C. United 1-0 Saturday evening at Audi Field following a late goal from Russell Canouse.
- 2’ – Wayne Rooney nearly scores an early goal after a through-ball put him one on one with Jesse Gonzalez but his shot is wide of the target.
- 17’ – Michael Barrios forces a save from Bill Hamid with a driven shot towards the near post after cutting inside from the wing.
- 20’ – Santiago Mosquera almost opens the scoring after Michael Barrios’ lay off in the box but his shot curls over the bar.
- 26’ – Ryan Hollingshead tests Bill Hamid with an ambitious shot from distance, but the D.C. goalkeeper is up to the task.
- 50’ – Santiago Mosquera has FC Dallas’ first chance of the second half but his left-footed shot sails high over the goal.
- 56’ – Michael Barrios gets behind the D.C. United defense and aims for the near post but his shot only finds the side of the net.
- 57’ – Yamil Asad squeezes past two Dallas defenders into the box but his shot is blocked bravely by Reto Ziegler.
- 62’ – Jesse Gonzalez gets his fingertips to Wayne Rooney’s goal-bound free kick and knocks it out for a corner.
- 75’ – Reto Ziegler is in the right place at the right time to block Wayne Rooney’s shot from close range.
- 75’ – FC Dallas nearly break the deadlock with a speedy counter attack but Bill Hamid is able to parry Michael Barrios’ driven shot over the bar.
- 86’ – Russell Canouse puts D.C. United up 1-0 with a header from close range after his original shot rebounded off the crossbar.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez, Ryan Hollingshead (Pablo Aránguiz – 89’), Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Marquinhos Pedroso, Victor Ulloa, Abel Aguilar, Santiago Mosquera, Maxi Urruti, Roland Lamah (Dominique Badji – 63’), Michael Barrios (Tesho Akindele – 83’).
Substitutes not used — Jimmy Maurer, Bryan Reynolds, Jacori Hayes, Jordan Cano.
D.C. United — Bill Hamid, Jalen Robinson (Nick DeLeon – 54’), Frédéric Brillant, Steve Birnbaum, Joseph Mora, Russell Canouse, Chris Durkin, Zoltán Stieber, Luciano Acosta, Yamil Asad, Wayne Rooney.
Substitutes not used — Kofi Opare, Kavin Ellis, Ian Harkes, Jared Jeffrey, Travis Worra.
DC: Russell Canouse – 86’
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 57
Referee: José Carlos Rivero
Assistant Referee: Nick Uranga, Gianni Facchini
4th Official: Silviu Petrescu
VAR: Jon Freemon