Jesse Gonzalez earns his fourth clean sheet of the season
FRISCO - FC Dallas and Columbus Crew SC split points in a scoreless draw Saturday night at Toyota Stadium.
- 17’ - Michael Barrios beautifully controlled a long pass from Santiago Mosquera before beating his defender with his speed and firing a shot into the side netting.
- 33’ – FC Dallas came close to breaking the deadlock when Santiago Mosquera curled a free kick over the wall, but Zack Steffen was able to get his body behind the ball and caught it safely.
- 43’ – Right before the end of the first half, Columbus created a decent chance when Federico Higuaín latched onto a cross from Harrison Afful but his first-time shot sailed a few feet over Jesse Gonzalez’s goal.
- 73’ – FC Dallas experienced a nervy moment when a Federico Higuian corner bounced around in the box but the ensuing shot was blocked by Maynor Figueroa.
- 75’ – Zack Steffen was forced out of his box to sweep up after a Victor Ulloa through-ball for Michael Barrios had the Columbus defense beaten.
- 78’ – Substitute Abel Aguilar tried his luck when the ball bounced up nicely for him, but his volley was wild and ended up high and wide.
- 83’ – Columbus’ best chance of the night came when Federico Higuian’s first-time volley from a Justin Meram cross flashed across the face of goal.
- 89’ – Dallas came close to breaking the deadlock four minutes from time when Michael Barrios volleyed Tesho Akindele’s looped through-ball just over the bar. FC Dallas nearly won the game in the last minute of the 90 when Maxi Urruti’s low cross was nearly tapped home by Tesho Akindele.
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Marquinhos Pedroso, Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges (Maynor Figueroa – 46’), Reggie Cannon; Carlos Gruezo, Victor Ulloa; Santiago Mosquera (Tesho Akindele – 80’), Maxi Urruti, Michael Barrios; Dominique Badji (Abel Aguilar – 69’).
Substitutes not used — Jimmy Maurer, Ryan Hollingshead, Pablo Aránguiz, Cristian Colmán.
Columbus Crew SC — Zac Steffen; Milton Valenzuela, Lalas Abubakar, Jonathan Mensah, Harrison Afful; Artur, Ricardo Clark (Wil Trapp – 74’); Justin Meram, Federico Higuaín (Patrick Mullins– 87’), Pedro Santos (Niko Hansen – 74’); Gyasi Zardes.
Substitutes not used — Jon Kempin, Gastón Sauro, Héctor Jiménez, Luis Argudo.
CLB: Ricardo Clark (caution) – 53’
CLB: Lalas Abubakar (caution) – 67’
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 83
Referee: Hilario Grajeda
Assistant Referee: Corey Rockwell, Michael Kampmeinert
4th Official: Joseph Dickerson
VAR: Jorge Gonzalez