FC Dallas scores four goals to secure the win
- Michael Barrios has six goals and three assists in seven games.
- Santiago Mosquera scores his first MLS brace.
- Dallas scores four goals for first time since a 4-2 win over D.C. United on July 4, 2017
- El Capitán returns to Frisco for first time since 2015
FRISCO - FC Dallas wins the Texas Derby with a 4-2 win against Houston Dynamo Saturday night at Toyota Stadium.
- 10’ – Michael Barrios found the back of the net for the sixth time this season in the 10th minute. Maxi Urruti accepted a pass from Carlos Gruezo on the right and chipped the ball to Barrios making a run down the wing. Barrios beat defender DaMarcus Beasley into the box and chipped a shot over goalkeeper Joe Willis to the bottom left corner.
- 48’ – Santiago Mosquera scored his third goal of the season in the 48th minute. Urruti sent a long down the left flank, where Mosquera pressured defender Andrew Wenger and forced Willis to come off his line. Willis fumbled an attempt at the ball, allowing Mosquera to shoot a long-range shot to the center of the empty goal.
- 51’ – Mosquera scored his second goal of the night in the 51st minute. The winger worked his way across the top the area before sending a pass to Victor Ulloa inside the 18. Ulloa sent a pass right back to Mosquera, where he took a shot from distance and scored off the right post into the net.
- 53’ – Mauro Manotas found the back of the net in the 53rd minute to put Houston on the board. Manotas pressured Dominique Badji deep in his own half, forcing a turnover that Manotas fired a quick shot to beat Jesse Gonzalez in the top right corner.
- 58’ – Reto Ziegler converted a penalty kick in the 58th minute with a left-footed shot to the bottom left to give FCD a 4-1 lead. Midfielder Óscar Boniek García fouled Urruti inside the penalty area in the 57th minute to draw the PK.
- 72’ – Alberth Elis converted a penalty kick of his own in the 73rd minute with a right-footed shot to the center of the goal. Ulloa fouled Arturo Álvarez on a tackle inside the box in the 70th minute, sending Ellis to the spot
FC Dallas — Jesse Gonzalez; Marquinhos Pedroso, Reto Ziegler, Matt Hedges, Reggie Cannon; Carlos Gruezo (Maynor Figueroa – 90’), Victor Ulloa; Michael Barrios, Maxi Urruti, Santiago Mosquera (Abel Aguilar – 77’); Dominique Badji (Tesho Akindele – 77’).
Substitutes not used — Jimmy Maurer, Ryan Hollingshead, Pablo Aránguiz, Cristian Colmán.
Houston Dynamo — Joe Willis; DaMarcus Beasley, Leonardo, Philippe Senderos, Adam Lundqvist (Alberth Elis – 52’); Darwin Cerén, Tomás Martínez (Arturo Álvarez – 69’), Óscar Boniek García; Romell Quioto (Ronaldo Peña – 81’), Mauro Manotas, Andrew Wenger.
Substitutes not used — Chris Seitz, Kevin Garcia, Eric Alexander, Jared Watts.
FCD: Michael Barrios – 10’
FCD: Santiago Mosquera – 48’
FCD: Santiago Mosquera – 51’
HOU: Mauro Manotas – 53’
FCD: Reto Ziegler (PK) – 58’
HOU: Alberth Elis (PK) – 73’
HOU: Adam Lundqvist (caution) – 23’
HOU: Darwin Cerén (caution) – 60’
Weather: Mostly Sunny, 91
Referee: Kevin Scott
Assistant Referee: Adam Garner, Jeremy Hanson
4th Official: Daniel Radford
VAR: Armando Villarreal