2018 kit inspired by inspired by the iconic Texas state flag
FRISCO - FC Dallas revealed its new 2018 primary kit this week. The adidas-designed kit was created to truly represent the spirit of Texas.
The jersey showcases striking red, white and blue color-blocking and a white, five-pointed star on the left sleeve drawing inspiration from the Texas state flag. The Lone Star also features the initials “LH”, a tribute to FC Dallas founder Lamar Hunt whose ambition, vision and foresight transformed the professional sports landscape in not just Texas but also North America.
“We wanted a kit that reflects who we are – a bold, Texas team,” said FC Dallas president Dan Hunt. “The 2018 primary jersey accomplishes that with its unique color-blocking and Lone Star symbolism.”
Along the back neckline, you’ll find a stylized version of “Pride of Texas” which features a star in place of the letter “X”. This serves as a reminder that FC Dallas represents soccer at every level, for every age group not just in DFW but all of Texas, as well.
AdvoCare continues to serve as FC Dallas’ official jersey sponsor, an honor it has held since 2012. Their corporate wordmark is prominently showcased across the chest of the jersey in bold white text.
The jersey itself is a slim fit with a curved hem which allows for better freedom of movement.
The socks are a bold pop of navy in the leg with a cuff that showcases striking red bands alternating with three horizontal white hoops.
The kit incorporates adidas performance Climacool fabric technology which makes the fabric exceptionally breathable and wicks moisture away from the body.
Additional FC Dallas Primary Kit Specs
- The adidas Climacool technology battles the Texas heat with breathable, quick-dry fabric that keeps athletes cool and dry
- The front panel and sleeve fabric is 100% polyester, majority recycled, weighing 150 grams
- The back panel is 100% recycled polyester mesh fabric weighing 140 grams
- The FC Dallas shield, adidas three stripes and AdvoCare corporate logo are lightweight heat-applied lettering
- The adidas “Authentic” hologram label on the right front hem identifies the jersey as an authentic adidas garment worn on-pitch by FC Dallas players in a specific season
FC Dallas fans can pre-order the new 2018 primary jersey at the Toyota Stadium Team Shop and receive a coupon for free jersey customization when they purchase the jersey before February 14, 2018. The jersey will be available to purchase at the FC Dallas team store at Toyota Stadium on February 14, 2018.
FC Dallas kicks off the 2018 MLS regular season in the new primary kit on Saturday, March 3 at Toyota Stadium against Real Salt Lake.