FRISCO - As FC Dallas continues their preseason slate, the club added two more friendlies to their calendar on Wednesday. Here are some quick facts about Santa Tecla FC and CS Cartaginés
Santa Tecla FC- Salvadorian Primera División
Location: Santa Tecla
Stadium: Estadio Atletico Las Delicias
- Santa Tecla is a relatively new club, it was founded on the same year as Toronto FC (2007). The club currently plays in the Primera División, the top tier of El Salvador Soccer.
- The Teclaños are also in CCL 2018 and will face off against the Seattle Sounders. They have qualified for the CCL once before in 2015-2016. In 2015 Santa Tecla was able to win their first Championship in club history.
- The Salvadorian team is known for it’s undefeated streak at home with a 12-5-0 in the last 17 games in the Salvadorian League scoring 38 goals and receiving 13. So far this season Santa Tecla scored 4 goals in 2 games and only has one against.
- Santa Tecla’s attack seems to be quite a balance since overall, in 2017 the Tecleños socorred 18 goals in the first half and 20 after the break.
- Last but not least Santa Tecla can handle pressure really well since it has been known to score and get an overall result in their favor during any time of the game.
CS Cartaginés- Costa Rican Primera División
Stadium: “Fello” Meza
Nickname: Los Azules (The Blues), Brumosos (The Foggers), La Vieja Metropoli (The Old Metropolis), El Equipo Centenario (The centenary)
- Club Sport Cartaginés Deportiva S.A. is one of twelve Costa Rican football clubs, that currently plays in the Costa Rican Primera División. Cartagines is full of history since it is the oldest club in Costa Rica which was founded in 1906.
- It has won three Costa Rican championships in 1923, 1936 and 1940. This was known as the Golden Age of the Cartagines.
- The Cartagines have won the CONCACAF Champions' Cup in 1994.
- They became the most succesful club in Costa Rica by winning the Costa Rican Cup in 2014 and 2015.