The matchup for the inaugural DXL Frisco Bowl is set. And before the first-ever bowl game at Toyota Stadium is played on December 20, let's look at ten things you might not know heading into the game:
- The 2017 DXL Frisco Bowl marks SMU's 16th bowl appearance.
- This will be Louisiana Tech’s fourth consecutive bowl appearance and a second straight in Dallas-Fort Worth (Armed Forces Bowl, 2016)
- This will be the fifth ever meeting between the two schools with Louisiana Tech winning three times in the previous four contests.
- SMU's previous bowl game appearance was four years ago in the 2012 Hawaii Bowl against Fresno State. SMU came out victorious 43-10.
- Louisiana Tech has nine alumni playing in the NFL, including Xavier Woods, who currently practices down the street from Toyota Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys.
- Meanwhile, SMU has thirteen alumni playing in the NFL. One has spent his high school, college, and NFL career in the DFW area: Cole Beasley.
- SMU has won seven of their fifteen bowl games.
- Louisiana Tech has appeared in nine Division I FBS bowl games and won five of those games.
- All-American wide receiver Courtland Sutton finished the regular season with more than 1,000 receiving yards.
- Louisiana Tech is one of only two teams in C-USA (along with WKU) to have gone to three bowl games in a row and become bowl eligible a fourth year.
The first-ever DXL Frisco Bowl will be played Wednesday, December 20, at 7 p.m. CT at Toyota Stadium and air nationally on ESPN. Tickets to the DXL Frisco Bowl can be purchased here or via telephone at (855) 492-8053. Phone orders may be placed Monday-Saturday (9am – 9pm CT) and Sunday (10am – 6pm CT).