FRISCO - With only eight teams in action and four games on the schedule last week, there wasn't much movement in the latest MLS Power Rankings roundup. FC Dallas faces a big challenge this weekend: a must-win game against the Sounders in Seattle.
While FC Dallas played to the 1-1 draw against the Rapids in Colorado, the Sounders were off last weekend courtesy of the FIFA break. Seattle last played on October 1, losing 2-0 to the Union. The Sounders are also tough at home, posting a 9-1-5 record at CenturyLink Field.
With all that in mind, here's the latest MLS Power Rankings Roundup.
1. Toronto FC (No change)
2. New York City FC (+2)
3. Atlanta United FC (-1)
4. Vancouver Whitecaps (-1)
5. Seattle Sounders (+2) - With two home games left, the defending champion Sounders will feel good about their chances of taking the full six points remaining and clinching as high a seed as possible in the West. And with a little help, they could also come away with a Cascadia Cup on Decision Day (in case of a Timbers loss to Vancouver).
16. FC Dallas (-1) - Although it wasn’t the best FC Dallas performance, the draw in Colorado did serve to put them in control of their own playoff destiny. Win their final two matches and FCD are in the postseason. But that’s easier said than done for a team that has won a single game in their last 13, especially with the first one coming in Seattle.
1. Toronto FC (no change)
2. Atlanta United (no change)
3. Sporting KC (+1)
4. Vancouver (-1)
5. New York City FC (no change)
7. Seattle (no change) Two losses in the last three games has taken some luster away from the Sounders, but home games against FCD and Colorado offer a chance to regain momentum.
14. FC Dallas (13) FCD picked up its second straight road point but gets a tougher test this weekend in Seattle.