Eight players from FC Dallas' inaugural Women's Professional Soccer League team were named 2016 WPSL All-Stars earlier this week.
Dallas finished the 2016 season with a 15-1 overall record and took home the Southwest Conference Championship before falling in the Elite 8 of the WPSL national championship to NWSL Reserve-side Chicago Red Stars.
From the first season's roster, five players went on to represent NWSL clubs with Caroline Van Slambrouck (Sweeden) and Meg Crosson (Japan) earning full-time professional contracts overseas after their season in Frisco.
Here are the eight WPSL All-Stars from the 2016 FC Dallas team:
Kelsey Devonshire, Goalkeeper
- Fort Worth-native, former University of Oklahoma goalkeeper (2009-2012) and current FC Dallas ECNL Goalkeeper Coach
Victoria Swift, Defender
- Trinidad & Tobago Women’s National Team Player
Caroline Van Slambrouck, Defender
- Houston-native, played at University of Kansas and was named an NSCAA All-American, a Houston Dash (NWSL) reserve player in 2016 and went on and signed in Sweden 1st Division with Sunnanå SK after WPSL campaign
Taylor Schneider, Defender/Midfielder
- Southlake-native, former University of Notre Dame standout and U.S. U-20 Women's National Team member
Jade Bell, Defender/Forward
- Ramsey, England-native and former Texas A&M Commerce NSCAA All-Region player
Chestley Strother, Forward
- Whitehouse, Texas-native, lead FC Dallas with 10 goals and had 4 assists in 2016, played at University of Texas at Tyler and named NSCAA All-American, a Houston Dash (NWSL) reserve player in 2016
Bianca Brinson, Forward
- Austin-native, former Texas A&M forward and finished second in FCD scoring with 7 goals and 2 assists during WPSL season, a Houston Dash (NWSL) reserve player in 2016
Casie Ramsier, Midfielder
- Plano-native, current senior at Auburn University and 2016 Hermann Trophy watch list player