Welcome to the 6th edition of the FCDallas.com series "Getting Personal" . This week I caught up with French defensive midfielder Peter Luccin.
Peter was born in Marseille, France and began playing soccer at a young age in the AS Cannes' youth system. He first started his pro career with Bordeaux for a year and then played for Marseille for two years before playing for another French team, Paris Saint-Germain for another two years. He went on loan in 2002 to Celta which eventually became permanent. A few years later he transferred to another La Liga club, Atletico Madrid where he played for them for three years. He eventually signed with Zaragoza and stayed there for another three years before signing with FC Lusanne-Sport in the Swiss Super League. In 2012, Luccin signed with FC Dallas. Luccin played internationally for the French U-20 National team in 1997 and was the youngest member of the eventual quarter-finalists during the FIFA World Youth Championship.
- What’s your favorite soccer memory from your career?
Peter: In 1998, the final game of UEFA Cup(now Europa League) when I played with Marseille
- You’ve played on a large number of teams and different countries…what’s been your favorite experience so far?
Peter: My favorite experience is probably the same game, it was a big moment for Marseille.
- You played for France in the FIFA world youth championship when you were 18, what was that like?
Peter: It’s a very good and interesting thing to represent my country so it was amazing to play against the best players of the world so it was a good experience and good memory.
- What’s your favorite part about being here in America?
Peter: A lot of things, I love the people because the people here have a very good education and for me it’s very important for my kids that’s why I’m here too so it’s a good thing for my family.
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your kids? Do they enjoy soccer at all?
Peter: We learn English together, it’s a very important language and we like to learn the culture. My son plays for FC Dallas youth so all my family here is very happy.
- What type of music do you listen to before game to get pumped up?
Peter: Rap music, but I try now to have a selection because rap music has so many bad words but I like the beat but sometimes it’s too hard for me to listen
- Who's been your favorite teammate you've had?
Peter: Jair Benitez. He’s a very good guy, he has a good education but he is very important for the group because everytime he’s smiling and joking with everyone so he’s the best teammate I’ve had.
- You drive a big truck…tell me about that
Peter: I got this truck from Eric Hassli [fomer FCD player] and I needed a car. I love the truck but my wife is the one who loves the truck the most.
- What’s your favorite you’ve scored?
Peter: With Atletico Madrid in 2004 against Barcelona, it was a big shot from far out and it was a very important game for us and I scored this goal and we won the game
- Have you picked up a Texan habit yet?
Peter: Not really because we like to stay with our culture, but I haven’t picked up any habits...yet.