Jim Rogash/Getty Images

FCD ties New England 1-1

New England withstood two red cards and a constant barrage from FC Dallas to secure a 1-1 draw at Gillette Stadium. The visitors remain winless on the season after five matches.

Revs forward Zack Schilawski opened the scoring four minutes before halftime against the run of play. Teammate Kheli Dube stripped FCD goalkeeper Dario Sala on the end line and squared for the rookie to tuck home his fourth goal of the season. Dube later saw red in the 56th minute for exposing his boot to defender Ugo Ihemelu.

Atiba Harris drew FCD level ten minutes later after he nodded home Dax McCarty's free kick. Joseph Niouky's 72nd minute dismissal for scything down FC Dallas player Heath Pearce, handed FCD a two-man advantage, but the visitors couldn't convert the winner in the late stages and settled for a fourth draw in five matches.

FC Dallas assumed the initiative from the opening whistle in an attempt to secure their first win of the 2010 campaign. The aggressive approach yielded several first-half chances, but failed to engineer the necessary breakthrough.

The visitors carved out several opportunities in the opening ten minutes without finding the back of the net. Harris rang the post with his effort after five minutes and Colombian David Ferreira couldn't guide the loose ball into the net. McCarty scuffed another promising opportunity a few minutes later. Revs goalkeeper Preston Burpo punched away a thunderous Daniel Hernandez free kick a little later.

Schilawski made FCD pay for their profligacy by seizing on Sala's error four minutes before the break. The veteran FCD goalkeeper tried to shield out a hopeful Revolution longball over the endline, but failed to hold off Dube as he attempted to poke the ball away on the right side. Dube managed to stop the ball from going out-of-bounds and crossed it into the middle for Schilawski as the Revs took a 1-0 lead.

The match descended into a gritty affair after the break as the physical tenor of the match increased and the Revolution started to lose players.

Dube earned the Revolution's first ejection on the campaign in the 55th minute. The dismissal apparently stemmed from an exposed boot on FCD defender Ugo Ihemelu as the two clashed for a ball at midfield.

Another foul set the stage for FCD's equalizer eleven minutes later. Niouky fouled McCarty in the attacking third and McCarty himself recovered to curl a free kick to the back post. Harris eluded his marker to nod home.

Niouky compounded his misery in the 72nd minute by drawing the Revolution's second red card of the evening. This ejection held none of the mystery of Dube's earlier dismissal as the Senegalese midfielder chopped down Pearce with a two-footed tackle on the edge of the New England penalty area. Pearce, a U.S. World Cup hopeful would later come out of the match.

FCD poured numbers forward with the two-man advantage, but just couldn't find a way to grab the winner. It wasn't for want of trying as FCD laid siege to the Revolution goal.

Revolution right back Kevin Alston intervened on the goal line to keep Shea from tucking home a Harris cross, while Dallas forward Jeff Cunningham saw his header ring the crossbar. Burpo then denied FCD substitute Jason Yeisley with a diving save as the match entered stoppage time before Shea fired over the far post moments before the final whistle.