Frisco, TX (May 6, 2021) – FC Dallas today introduced the five Dallas/Fort Worth-based businesses selected for the club’s Homegrown Partner Program 2021 class. FC Dallas announced the Homegrown Partner Program, supported by MTX, in June 2020 along with a series of initiatives as part of the club’s Connect | Create | Unite platform that focuses on connecting people, creating opportunities and uniting our community.
“The Homegrown Partner Program was designed to give Black and Minority-owned businesses the opportunity to grow their businesses and make a positive social and economic impact in their communities,” said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. “We couldn’t be more impressed with our inaugural class. They are going to be great partners for FC Dallas.”
Each member of the 2021 Homegrown Partner Program class will receive an individually customized FC Dallas corporate partnership package. FC Dallas is committing more than $500,000 to its Homegrown Partners in 2021.
The five local businesses selected for the 2021 Homegrown Partner Program are:
- Casa M Spice – a spice company that believes well-seasoned food has the power to transform a dining experience. Casa M Spice provides a healthy, alternative line of spices by offering a premium blend of products that are rated low-sodium, MSG-free, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free and soy-free. Casa M Spices are available in retail outlets such as H-E-B, Albertsons, Central Market, Market Street and Brookshires. Co-founder Manny Hernandez believes that everyone has the power to “Spice Confidently” without ever having to worry about over-salting a dish.
- GRIT Fitness – a boutique fitness and content studio that uses fitness to empower its members. GRIT offers greater variety to members by producing original and creative class formats in-house. GRIT currently offers 17 class models ranging from kickboxing and indoor cycling to dance cardio and yoga. Founder Brittani Rettig Wold has grown GRIT Fitness to three Dallas-area locations and a virtual studio that serves women worldwide. GRIT has been named “Best Fitness Program” by D Magazine, “Best Gym” by Dallas Observer and “Best New Fitness Studio” by Dallasites 101.
- Reveal Suits – a custom-tailored clothing brand featuring bespoke details and customized with officially licensed sports logos. With an inclusive approach to sizing, Reveal Suits offers solutions for individuals who might not be able to buy suits off-the-rack. Founder and former University of Texas basketball player Carlton Dixon created the company with a focus on offering a unique clothing brand that allows sports fans, athletes and sports business executives to showcase their favorite team in a professional manner.
- Smokey John’s Bar-B-Que – a family-owned-and-operated business specializing in restaurant operations, catering and concessions. Smokey John’s Bar-B-Que has been serving fans in Dallas’ Love Field and Medical District areas since 1976. They also provide catering services throughout Dallas/Fort Worth and run concessions at the State Fair of Texas. Smokey John’s Bar-B-Que’s mission is to fulfill the dream of its founder & father, "Smokey" John Reaves, by opening multiple locations and growing the business into a nationally recognized brand.
- Urban Hydration – a clean skincare and haircare brand that is sold in more than 10,000 retail locations across the United States including CVS, Bed Bath and Beyond and H-E-B. Frisco, TX-based founders Psyche and Vontoba Terry focus on saving the planet through clean beauty. With every product purchase, Urban Hydration donates a gallon of water to transform communities around the world. In 2019, Urban Hydration dedicated its first clean water drinking well to 300 Kenyan school children.
Quotes about the 2021 Homegrown Partner Program
"Mike and I are stoked to have been selected as an FC Dallas Homegrown Partner! We're very much looking forward to the opportunity to share the hospitality of Casa M with the FC Dallas fans and let them get the chance to experience the Casa M Spice Brand Manifesto.”
Casa M Spice co-founder Manny Hernandez
“We are so honored to be chosen as an FC Dallas Homegrown Partner. The GRIT Fitness team and I are passionate about connecting with our local community to promote strength, empowerment and teamwork - we are looking forward to an exciting year ahead!"
Brit Rettig Wold, GRIT Founder & CEO
"We are so excited and grateful to be chosen as an FC Dallas Homegrown Partner! Reveal Suits is a proud minority-owned business, and we cannot thank FC Dallas and the Hunt Family enough for this wonderful initiative."
Reveal Suits founder Carlton Dixon
“We are genuinely honored and excited to be chosen as an FC Dallas Homegrown Partner. It’s a tremendous opportunity to partner with a first-class organization like FC Dallas and the legendary Hunt Family.”
Smokey John’s Bar-B-Que owners Brent and Juan Reeves
“We are excited to partner with FC Dallas and work with an organization whose values of community service and outreach align with ours. We look forward to contributing to the greater good of the community helping to promote wellness and education.”
Urban Hydration founder Psyche Terry
"The entire MTX family is passionate about providing growth opportunities to all. We're excited to partner with FC Dallas to create equitable opportunities for local business owners who are driving positive social and economic impact. We look forward to working with the businesses during the 2021 season to accelerate significant contributions in our community."
MTX Founder, CEO and Homegrown Partner Program Advisor Das Nobel