FC DALLAS vs. HOUSTON DYNAMO
MLS Regular Season
October 31 - 2:30PM
Toyota Stadium – Frisco, Texas
Univisión | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 7-5-7 (28 pts., 6th in West)
- HOU record: 4-8-9 (21 pts., 10th in West)
- FCD vs. HOU all-time: 12-12-14 (58 GF, 54 GA)
- FCD vs. HOU home: 8-3-7 (31 GF, 22 GA)
- FC Dallas got back to winning ways with its first comeback victory of the season after reversing a one-goal deficit to win 2-1 over Inter Miami CF at Toyota Stadium Wednesday night. The victory put Dallas six points above the playoff line with three games remaining. Houston, on the other hand, is winless in its last five games and fell to Los Angeles FC 2-1 in its midweek match. Houston's 2-0 home victory over Dallas earlier this month is the club's only win in its last 12 outings.
WIN (OR TIE) AND WE'RE IN
- FC Dallas has a chance of clinching a berth to the Audio MLS Cup Playoffs in front of its home fans (and against their biggest rivals) with either a win or a draw against Houston on Saturday. Dallas could also clinch if the Vancouver Whitecaps lose or tie AND Real Salt Lake lose or tie against the LA Galaxy.
TEXAS DERBY PART 4
- Saturday's game will be the fourth and final Texas Derby of the season; the most derbies in one year since 2007. Dallas and Houston played to a scoreless draw at BBVA Stadium in August and FCD earned a 2-1 victory over their rivals last month at Toyota Stadium. Most recently, FCD fell 2-0 to 10-man Houston on Oct 7. meaning the season series is currently tied at 1-1-1. Thus, the fate of El Capitán hangs in the balance and will be decided by Saturday's result.
- FC Dallas fullbacks Ryan Hollingshead and Bryan Reynolds each played a crucial role in Dallas' 2-1 win over Inter Miami on Wednesday. Hollingshead scored his third game-winning goal of the season (he has scored the winner in FCD's last three victories) to hand Dallas a crucial three points. On the other side, Reynolds continued to show his ability going forward and assisting in the attack. The 19-year-old won the penalty that Franco Jara dispatched to tie the game and proceeded to dish the assist for Hollingshead's winner after beating two Miami defenders near the end line. With the potential for playoffs just a few weeks off, FCD's fullback are heating up at the right time.