FC DALLAS vs. REAL SALT LAKE
MLS Regular Season
October 24 - 8:30PM
Rio Tinto Stadium – Sandy, Utah
TXA 21 | FCDTV Network | FCDallas.com/Radio | 1270AM
- FCD record: 6-5-6 (24 pts., 6th in West)
- RSL record: 5-7-6 (21 pts., 9th in East)
- FCD vs. RSL all-time: 20-12-8 (60 GF, 46 GA)
- FCD vs. RSL away: 7-11-4 (26 GF, 33 GA)
- Since going on a three-game win streak in September, FC Dallas has registered one win its last six matches. Last time out, FCD fell 3-0 to Nashville SC in its first-ever trip to Nissan Stadium. Its matchup with ninth-place RSL offers a chance for FCD to recapture its September form. Salt Lake recently snapped a three-game losing streak with a 2-1 upset of second-place Portland Timbers. The three points moved the team into ninth place in the West, just one place below the playoff line.
- Saturday's match will see the return of two important players to FCD's 20-man match day squad. Defender Matt Hedges is on the road to recovery from a muscle strain and head coach Luchi Gonzalez said FCD's record appearance-holder will be with the team as they travel to Salt Lake City. Also, winger Michael Barrios will return from a one-game suspension due to yellow card accumulation and will be at the coaching staff's disposal Saturday night.
- Both FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake trust heavily in their respective Homegrown players. The teams are tied for having played an MLS-record seven Homegrowns in one game. So far this season, Dallas Homegrowns have racked up a collective 3,881 MLS minutes. Saturday's game could well be decided by which club's Homegrown unit performs best on the night.
GOALS, GOALS, GOALS
- After a goal-filled September, FCD has hit a bit of a dry spell in front of goal registering three goals over six games. However, in its previous trip to Rio Tinto Stadium in 2019, FCD scored four goals over 90 minutes in a 4-2 victory--its highest scoring away outing of the year. Dallas will hope it can break its goal-scoring duct once again in Salt Lake City this Saturday.