Former head coach Dave Dir and former goalkeeper Mark Dodd to provide commentary during match
Frisco, TX – FC Dallas will celebrate the 25th anniversary of the franchise’s first-ever match with a special edition of FCD Rewind presented by Heineken featuring the broadcast of the Dallas Burn’s inaugural game against the San Jose Clash at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas’ Fair Park. The match, which originally aired live on Univision on April 14, 1996, can be seen on FCDallas.com/BurnDebut at 7PM CT on Tuesday, April 14.
Former Burn head coach Dave Dir and former Burn goalkeeper Mark Dodd will provide commentary during the match. Dir was Dallas’ first coach in franchise history and served in that capacity from 1996-2000. His team made the playoffs every season during his tenure. Dodd, a Richardson High School graduate, served as the Burn’s goalkeeper from 1996-1999 and was MLS’ first Goalkeeper of the Year in 1996.
FCDallas.com will also share recollections of the franchise’s first match in club history with interviews featuring:
- Former Burn forward, current U.S. U-23 Men’s National Team and Fort Lauderdale CF head coach Jason Kreis
- Kreis will kick off next Tuesday’s coverage with an Instagram Live broadcast on FC Dallas’ official Instagram page at 3PM CT
- Former Dallas Burn President and General Manager Andy Swift
- Dallas Burn and FC Dallas broadcasters Steve Davis and Carlos Alvarado
- Current FC Dallas Season Ticket Members who attended the Burn’s match against the Clash