2020 kit celebrates Dallas’ 25th season in Major League Soccer
NEW YORK CITY – FC Dallas revealed its 2020 Legacy kit tonight at a fashion show in Midtown Manhattan with YouTube sensations and Texas natives Dude Perfect walking the runway to unveil the uniform. FC Dallas’ adidas-designed kit was influenced by the club’s distinction as one of the founding members of Major League Soccer.
“This kit reflects our legacy as one of the original clubs that helped launch MLS in 1996,” said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. “The jersey is a nod to previous renditions and one that I think will be a fan favorite for years to come.”
The kit honors FC Dallas’ legacy by showcasing Dallas’ blue and red colors in a way that evoke previous kit designs but with a modern take on the popular hoop theme.
Other design elements include:
- The Texas state flag is proudly presented on the back neckline of the jersey, signifying FC Dallas’ legacy as the original MLS team of Texas.
- The LH patch moves to the base of the hem on the front of the jersey. This symbolic placement honors Lamar Hunt’s legacy as a founding member of not just FC Dallas but MLS, as well.
- As a charter club of Major League Soccer, FC Dallas’ Legacy jersey features the Founding Club mark of nine silver stars located inside the drop hem of the jersey. This is only on the authentic jerseys of the nine clubs that remain from MLS’ inaugural year.
- The left shoulder features MLS 25th celebratory logo, which will only be used during the 2020 season.
- The jersey also features a new font. The official MLS name and number jersey font is a dynamic, energetic and bold graphic typeface that introduces a layering tri-line effect.
AdvoCare continues to serve as FC Dallas’ official jersey sponsor, a position it has held since 2012. Their corporate wordmark is displayed across the chest of the jersey in white text.
The jersey will be paired with blue shorts throughout the season.
FC Dallas Players on the 2020 Legacy Kit
“I love the design. It’s nice to bring back the hoops in some form. That’s a big part of our legacy and our history. That’s cool the way they’re implemented.”
-FC Dallas Midfielder Paxton Pomykal
“I think that it goes back to our roots a little bit by bringing back the hoops. The jersey does a good job of incorporating the story of FC Dallas.”
-FC Dallas Defender Ryan Hollingshead.
Purchase the Legacy Jersey + 2020 Home opener
Visit Soccer90 located in the south end of Toyota Stadium until 9PM CT on Wednesday night to be among the first in DFW to purchase the Legacy jersey.
Click here to order the 2020 FC Dallas Legacy jersey online and receive free shipping with your purchase through Thursday, February 6 at 10:59PM CT.
FC Dallas kicks off its 25th season in MLS with the 2020 home opener on Saturday, February 29 at Toyota Stadium against the Philadelphia Union in a match presented by AdvoCare. Click here for tickets.