North Texas finishes its regular season against FC Tucson on Friday, October 4
- North Texas travels to face FC Tucson on Friday, October 4th at 9:30PM, streaming live on ESPN+
Madison, Wis. (September 22, 2019) – Arturo Rodriguez saw his late equalizing goal ruled offside as North Texas SC fell 1-0 to Forward Madison at Breese Stevens Field.
- 8’ – Thomas Roberts played a ball down the channel for Richard Danso, who cut the ball back to Gibran Rayo, but Rayo couldn’t redirect the ball on target from 12 yards.
- 24’ – J.C. Banks swung in a corner, and after some pinball in the box, Connor Tobin’s cross-cum-shot was turned goal-bound by Danny Tenorio and flicked off Imanol Almaguer and into the back of the net to give Forward Madison a 1-0 lead.
- 28’ – Christian Diaz got down the flank and whipped a cross across to Conner Manley, whose volley was parried away by Kyle Zobeck.
- 31’ – Arturo Rodriguez played the ball over the top to Bryan Reynolds, whose tried to chip Brian Sylvestre but instead collided with the goalkeeper.
- 33’ – After some great interplay around the box, Arturo found space and his dipping drive was bound for the top corner before a stunning intervention by the outstretched fingertips of Sylvestre.
- 67’ – Tenorio got free and met an inswinging corner with a powerful header, but he couldn’t direct it on target.
- 76’ – A free kick went untouched through the box, and eventually landed at the feet of Diaz, who blazed over the bar.
- 77’ – Arturo wriggled free and teed up Edwin Cerrillo on the edge of the box, but his shot skewed wide.
- 90+2 ’– Oscar Romero got down the flank, and his cross was flicked into the path off Arturo Rodrgiuez who buried the effort but Romero was adjudged to be offside.
North Texas SC —Kyle Zobeck; Imanoal Almaguer, Callum Montgomery, Brecc Evans, Bryan Reynolds; Edwin Cerrillo (Cesar Murillo— 88’), Thomas Roberts, David Rodriguez(Alfusainey Jatta— 51’); Arturo Rodriguez, Gibran Rayo, Richard Danso(Oscar Romero— 73’).
Substitutes not used — Carlos Avilez, Hector Montalvo.
Forward Madison FC — Brian Sylvestre; Christian Diaz, Shawn Russell, Carter Tobin, Conner Manley; Josiel Nunez, Eric Leonard, J.C. Banks; Paulo Jr., Danny Tenorio(Brian Bement— 72’), Don Smart(Jiro Barriga Tomoya — 82’).
Substitutes not used — Louis Bennet, Ryan Coultier, Zaire Bartley, Brandon Eaton, Oliver White.
MAD: Imanol Almaguer (Own Goal) — 24’
NTX: Edwin Cerrillo — 29’
MAD: Chrisian Diaz — 37’
NTX: Bryan Reynolds — 41’
MAD: Shawn Russell — 71’