North Texas SC suffers its first loss at home after a first-half red card
FRISCO - North Texas SC drops its first game at Toyota Stadium 4-0 to Greenville Triumph after Edwin Cerrillo was shown a red card in the 20th minute.
- 20’ – Edwin Cerillo was sent off for a high challenge.
- 30’ – A dynamic run from Dante Sealy ended with the ball of Arturo Rodriguez, but his deflected strike was straight at Dallas Jaye.
- 35’ – Arturo Rodriguez whipped in a free kick which was barely parried by Dallas Jaye.
- 50’ – Aaron Walker took a strike from a distance, and Carlos Avilez turned it past the post at full stretch.
- 60’ – Jake Keegan got on the end of a cross in the six-yard box but steered his shot wide.
- 62’ – After a half hour of pressure Aaron Walker found himself with space on the edge of the box, and his 20-yard shot beat Avilez to give Greenville a 1-0 lead.
- 64’ – Greenville found a quick second when Jake Keegan got in behind the defense and found the bottom corner.
- 70’ – A ball bounced around in the box, and Jake Keegan found space to bury his second into the far corner.
- 80’ – Ricardo Pepi was played in down the channel but he could only fire over from a tight angle.
- 88’ – After Imanol Almaguer gave away a penalty, Edmundo Robinson stepped forward and buried the it down the middle.
North Texas SC — Carlos Avilez; Kevin Bonilla, Callum Mongtomery (Christian Coleman— 70’), Brecc Evans, Imanol Almaguer; Edwin Cerillo, Alfusainey Jatta, Thomas Roberts(David Rodriguez—82’) ; Arturo Rodriguez, Ricardo Pepi, Dante Sealy(Richard Danso— 70’)
Substitutes not used — Eduardo Cortes, Oscar Romero Cesar Murillo,, Tanner Tessmann
Greenville Triumph SC — Dallas Jaye; Dominic Boland, Evan Lee, Kevin Politz, Tyler Polak; Aaron Walker, Carlos Gomez (Ryeong Choi — 83’), Paul Clowes (Travis Ward — 78’), Omar Mohamed (Edmundo Robinson — 60’), Maxwell Hemmings; Jake Keegan,
Substitutes not used — Miguel Uribe, Colie Soiler, Christopher Bermudez, Sami Guediri
GVL: Aaron Walker (Polak) — 62’
GVL: Jake Keegan (Polak) — 64’
GVL: Jake Keegan — 70’
GVL: Edmundo Robinson — 88’
NTSC: Edwin Cerillo (Ejection) — 20’
GVL: Tyler Polak (Caution) — 35’
GVL: Carlos Gomes (Caution) — 45’ +4’
GVL: Edmundo Robison (Caution) — 65’
NTSC: Thomas Roberts (Caution) — 81’
NTSC: Arturo Rodriguez (Caution) — 90+4’
Weather: Partly Cloudy, 86
Referee: Joseph Salinas
Assistant Referees: Matthew Seem, Kaili Terry
4th Official: Justin Trzepacz