FC DALLAS vs. MINNESOTA UNITED
MLS Regular Season, Week 19
July 13 - 7:00PM
Allianz Field- St. Paul, Minnesota
Texas 21 | FCDallas.com/Radio | 99.1FM
- FCD record: 8-7-5 (29 pts., 5th in West)
- MIN record: 9-7-3 (30 pts., 4th in West)
- FCD vs. MIN all-time: 3-1-0 (6 GF, 4 GA)
- FCD vs. MIN Away: 1-1-0 (2 GF, 4 GA)
- FC Dallas is currently coming off a big win over D.C. United on the Fourth of July. They are looking to continue to build in their development across the field and take that momentum and confidence Week 19. Minnesota is currently on a six-game win streak with a midweek matchup for the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup against New Mexico United before facing FC Dallas on Saturday.
- FC Dallas and Minnesota United will have a tough matchup heading in to Saturday. The teams are currently only separated by one point in the MLS standings, with Minnesota leading. Both teams will be looking for three points and to advance their standings as the season progresses. FC Dallas is currently ranked at 5th in the Western conference with 29 points, while Minnesota is barely ahead at 4th in the West with 30 points. The 1 point difference will lead to a tough match on both sides of the ball.
- This will be the first time FC Dallas plays at Minnesota United's new home. Allianz Field opened in April, and has already proven itself as a difficult place for opponents to play. The stadium seats 19,400 people and is top of its class in technology and development.
- Over the past couple of matches Minnesota has been rotating their roster. Despite the movement, they continue to find success in their matches and quick turnarounds. If used this week, this tactic could make planning difficult for both teams to get a picture of what their opponent may look like heading in to the match.
BUSY STRETCH SLOWS DOWN
- Over the past month, FC Dallas has had six matches in a matter of 19 days leading up to this weeks matchup. The stretch has included Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, international friendlies, and MLS matches. It has tested FC Dallas depth, along with missing pieces, due to international call-ups as well. Minnesota has been in a similar tough stretch of games, playing 5 matches in 16 days leading up to the match on Saturday evening. Both teams have their schedules returning to a somewhat normal-look after this match.