Thomas Roberts scores his first professional goal to lift North Texas into first place in USL League One
GREENVILLE, S.C. - North Texas SC earns its fourth win in a row in its first-ever away match to move to the top of the USL League One table.
- FC Dallas’ Thomas Roberts scores his first professional goal with a deflected shot from outside the box
- Goalkeeper Carlos Avilez registers his third clean sheet in a row from his first three USL League One starts
- North Texas SC returns home to Toyota Stadium next Saturday where it will face Orlando City B at 3:20 PM in a doubleheader with FC Dallas vs. New York Red Bulls
- 17’ – Thomas Roberts opened the scoring for North Texas with a deflected shot from outside the box.
- 24’ – Imanol Almaguer made an important defensive header at the back post to prevent a Greenville attempt on goal.
- 30’ – Carlos Avilez made a terrific doublesave to prevent two Greenville players from equalizing before the offside whistle was blown.
- 37’ – Good build up play on the edge of Greenville's box by Oscar Romero and Imanol Almaguer but Romero's cross was cleared away.
- 45’ – Johan Gomez had a clever turn on the edge of the box to create space for a shot but his effort was deflected out for a corner kick.
- 49’ – Dante Sealy nearly made an immediate impact with a shot from a corner kick but Greenville's Dallas Jaye made the save.
- 57’ – Christopher Bermudez went on a mazy run through North Texas’ box but his chip shot went wide of the goal.
- 77’ – Greenville's Dominic Boland sent a cross into the center of the box but Carlos Avilez was able to gather safely.
- 80’ – Alfusainey Jatta nearly got his head onto the end of Brandon Servania’s free kick but it ended up out of play.
North Texas SC — Carlos Avilez; Imanol Almaguer, Brecc Evans (Dante Sealy - 46’), Alfusainey Jatta, Bryan Reynolds; Brandon Servania, Tanner Tessmann, Thomas Roberts; Arturo Rodriguez, Johan Gomez (Cesar Murillo - 75’), Oscar Romero (Bicou Bissainthe - 64’)
Substitutes not used — Zach Schawl, David Rodriguez
Greenville Triumph SC — Dallas Jaye; Dominic Boland, Tyler Polak, Evan Lee, Kevin Politz; Aaron Walker, Paul Clowes (Sami Guediri - 86’), Cole Seiler Cameron Saul - 78’), Omar Mohamed, Christopher Bermudez (Carlos Gomez - 58’), Jake Keegan
Substitutes not used — Armando Quezada, Ryeong Choi, Max Hemmings, Travis Ward
NTSC: Thomas Roberts – 17’
NTSC: Carlos Avilez (caution) – 64’
GVL: Omar Mohamed (caution) – 67’
NTSC: Alfusainey Jatta (caution) – 82’
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 66 F
Referee: JC Griggs
Assistant Referee: Zach McWhorter
Assistant Referee: Kyle Johnston
4th Official: Jacinto Quirola