Welcome to the 4th edition of the FCDallas.com series "Getting Personal". This week I caught up with Brazilian defender/midfielder Michel.
Michel was born in Vitoria, Brazil and began his professional career in 2000 at Atletico Miniero before he moved to the Belgian Pro League in 2004. After playing two season in Belgium, he returned to Brazil where he played for three different teams. In 2010, he moved to a Greek club, Aris, where he played in almost every match for the club through two seasons. Michel signed with FC Dallas in February of 2013 and scored his first MLS goal a few months later. Internationally, Michel played for the Brazilian U23 team in 2003 where he made four appearances.
- Is there something you do before every single game?
Michel: Not really, I just try to relax that maximum that I can and recover my energy
- What's your favorite place you've ever traveled?
Michel: There's a lot, but Portland and New York.
- What about outside the United States?
Michel: Paris and Greece are two places that I love to be, it's beautiful and amazing atmosphere.
- You payed in Greece for a season, what was your favorite part about the country?
Michel: The beaches, the islands are pretty, the weather is perfect and the life there is really good
- What's your favorite part about living in America?
Michel: The weather too, the clothes, the language, the people are always friendly to me so I love being here.
- We hear you're becoming a Dallas Stars fan, what is it that you like about hockey?
Michel: I like to watch but my favorite part is the fighting. I like to see that
- What's your favorite American movie?
Michel: Anything with Jim Carrey or Ben Stiller I like
- Who's your favorite American musician?
Michel: There's a lot but I love 50 cent. I like rap
- What's one thing you splurge your money on?
Michel: Apartments and houses I invest my money in. All of them are in Brazil.
- Who do you think is the best player in the World Cup right now?
Michel: Messi and Neymar to me. Messi is always one of the best every year
- Do you like to play any other sports when you're not playing soccer?
Michel: I like to play basketball and volleyball for fun