Welcome to the 3rd edition of the FCDallas.com series "Getting Personal". This week I caught up with midfielder Andrew Jacobson.
Andrew was born in Palo Alto, California. He attended UC-Berkeley from 2003 to 2006 where he was named to the All Pac-10 team three times. Jacobson was the 24th overall pick in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft and DC United's first pick. Instead of playing in the MLS, he chose to sign a contract with Lorient of France's Ligue 1. Jacobson returned to the MLS in 2009 to DC United. He was then selected by the Philadelphia Union in the 2009 MLS Expansion Draft in November of the same year. Finally, he was treaded to FC Dallas in February of 2011. Jacobson started in 27 games last season and registered a career high in goals at three before being named captain of FC Dallas before the 2014 season.
- What's your earliest soccer memory?
Andrew: Playing for the Lightning Lizards when I was four years old. There were 14 or 15 kids just running around chasing a ball.
- You played a little bit in France, what was the best thing about the country and what was the worst?
Andrew: The weather was definitely the worst and the best was the food. I haven't been back, but I would, just not to Lorient again.
- Do you have any pregame rituals or superstitions before every game?
Andrew: I eat the same meal before every game (rice, chicken and spinach), I go to bed at the same time, same schedule.
- What's one thing you'll splurge your money on?
Andrew: Vacations. I go to Hawaii every year, it's my favorite place to go to
- Favorite sports players in general of all time?
Andrew: Chipper Jones
- Favorite movie?
Andrew: What I liked growing up was Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
- Most embarassing moment on the field?
Andrew: I try to black those out so there are none that I can think of
- Favorite world cup memory?
Andrew: Watching Zidane play when France won the 1998 World Cup
- Who do you think is the best player that's playing the world cup right now?
Andrew: Definitely Messi
- Favorite concert you've ever been too?
Andrew: Probably Jack Johnson and Ben Harper in Berkeley