It's no secret that the Houston Dynamo dominated the early years of the Texas Derby with a team that won MLS Cup in both 2006 and 2007, but Saturday's emphatic 4-1 FC Dallas win was the exclamation point on tides within the state that have been shifting in recent years. Here are a few interesting stats behind FCD's win on Saturday night:
- Saturday's 4-1 FC Dallas victory was the largest for FCD in the regular season Texas Derby history(Houston defeated FCD by three goals in 2007) while the four goals scored is the most FCD has put past the Dynamo in a match.
- Saturday was the first time FCD has beaten Houston in back-to-back games in MLS play.
- The 4-1 win was FCD's first at BBVA Compass Stadium and marked the first time a Western Conference team has won at the Houston stadium.
- FC Dallas is 5-2-2 against their Texas rivals in MLS/USOC since 2009.
- Je-Vaughn Watson became the fourth player in series history to score twice in one Texas Derby game along with Kenny Cooper, Dwayne De Rosario and Cam Weaver.
- Mauro Diaz became the first FC Dallas player to score two assists in one Texas Derby match. Only Brad Davis has achieved the same feat for Houston.