It's the annual July 4th extravaganza at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night presented by TXU Energy! There's so much going on around Toyota Stadium on Saturday night so here are the 10 things to know about the showdown with New England:
1. Saturday's match and post-game fireworks show are presented by TXU Energy and you'll want to arrive early as the first 5,000 fans receive a pair of light-up bam bam sticks! Who doesn't love something that lights up?
2. For anyone who has been to an FC Dallas July 4th game, you know it gets a little emotional at halftime when the American Fallen Soldiers Project presents the family of a fallen soldier with a painted portrait of their loved one. Our honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer will be Phil Taylor from the AFSP, and you'll want to be by the Lamar Hunt Statue by 7:30 for that one.
3. If there's a little something off about our special match poster, it's because graphic designer Olivia Brestal has created a 3D poster for Saturday's match! Get yours in the team store which comes with a complementary pair of 3D glasses.
4. Meet defender Stephen Keel on the north concourse tomorrow near the TXU Energy oversized chair! Get your picture and autograph with the man himself.
5. Our opponent, New England, won the Eastern Conference last year but has been struggling recently. Get caught up with our Know Your Enemy feature.
6. Our merchandise special for Saturday's match is $5 off the Countrymen/USA flag tees so stop by the store and treat yo' self.
7. Tomorrow's match features the biggest July 4th fireworks show in town pres. by TXU Energy and that should be going off right around 15 minutes after the final whistle. It's going to be over the north end of the stadium so be sure to grab a good spot after FCD takes three points.
8. FC Dallas has been absolutely fantastic at home over the last year with a 13-2-2 record inside the friendly confines of Toyota Stadium in their last 17 games.
9. If you can't make the game, watch live on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Steve Jolley on the call. Remember you can also listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. Tickets are very limited for Saturday's match but you can get yours HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!
It's nearly time for the huge July 4th match against New England. Carter and Daniel break down the game in Keys to the Match driven by Toyota
As FC Dallas prepares to take on New England on July 4th, here are some numbers to keep in mind:
1 - New England has only won once in their last 10 MLS matches
3 - FC Dallas has won the last three matches between the clubs
2008 - The Revolution haven't won in Frisco since 2008 and are winless in their last five road games
1000 - There will be over 1000 fireworks as part of the post-match fireworks show
8 - FCD will be playing their third game in eight days on Saturday
2 - Fabian Castillo has scored in two consecutive matches for Dallas, can he make it three against the Revs?
7 - Charlie Davies leads New England with seven goals in 2015
257 - New England has commited 257 fouls this season. They have also suffered 257 fouls this season
13 - FC Dallas head coach Oscar Pareja played 13 games for New England before being traded to the Dallas Burn on May 26, 1998
The FC Dallas design team of Erik Davila & Olivia Brestal has done a fantastic job this year with their match posters and scarves of the month, but this might take the cake.
If the official match poster for Saturday's July 4th extravaganza vs New England looks a little bit off to you, there's a good reason. This week's match poster is a special 3D version bringing Zach Loyd to life(though don't worry, you can also see him on the Toyota Stadium field Saturday night as well).
The poster is available in the FCD Team Store on gameday and, of course, for every poster you purchase for $5, you'll get a pair of 3D glasses to enjoy it in all its glory. Quantities are very limited so be sure to arrive early and get yours before they sell out!
Our July Scarf of the Month is dedicated to the patriotic-filled month in North Texas.
FC Dallas will face the New England Revolution on Saturday, July 4, with the annual post-match fireworks show - one of the largest shows in the metroplex!
Then on Sunday, July 5, the U.S. Women's National Team will play for the 2015 Women's World Cup title at 6 p.m. - be sure to join us for our watch party at the Granada Theater!
Finally, the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup will kick-off on Tuesday, July 7, with a doubleheader right here at Toyota Stadium - Panama will get the evening started as they play Haiti at 6:00 CT followed immediately by the U.S. Men's National Team facing Honduras at 8:30!
You don’t want to miss your opportunity to get your one-of-a-kind scarf celebrating America. Be sure to stop by the team store or buy it at the July 4 match-up against New England!
SPECIAL STORE HOURS THIS WEEK ONLY
Wednesday July 1st : 10am – 9pm
Thursday July 2nd : 10am – 7 pm
Friday July 3rd: 10am – 3pm
The U.S. Women will play for the 2015 Women's World Cup title on Sunday evening, and we want you to watch the game with us! We'll be returning to the Granada Theater on Sunday, July 5, for the 6 p.m. kick, with doors opening at 5 p.m. Tex Hooper and the FC Dallas Girls will be on-hand decked out in their Red, White and Blue to give out prizes.
More info to come later in the week, but mark your calendars now!
Please note this is a 21-and-up venue.
FC Dallas midfielder Victor Ulloa was named to the MLS Team of the Week for Week 17. This is the first time Ulloa has been named to the Team of the Week this season, and the first time an FC Dallas player has been nominated since Week 12.
M: Victor Ulloa (FC Dallas) – Was active and didn't give the ball away in the Texas Derby. He also made a ridiculous cross-field pass to get Fabián Castillo into position to score the team's second goal.
Castillo was included as a bench player for TOTW with one goal and a cross that was deflected in for an own goal.
U-S-A! U-S-A! FC Dallas has once again partnered with the Granada Theater to host a watch party on Tuesday evening for the U.S. Women's National Team's semifinal match-up against Germany in the 2015 Women's World Cup. Doors will open at 5 p.m. for the 6 p.m. kick-off, so swing by after work to support the Red, White and Blue! Tex Hooper and the FC Dallas Girls will be on hand with prizes as well!
Drinks will be available for purchase inside and there will be a chips and dip bar on hand courtesy of Freebirds. Additionally, guests will be allowed to bring in food from Sundown at Granada. For more info and to RSVP, click here.
Please note that this is a 21-and-up facility.
The FC Dallas U-16 Academy headed into Friday's showdown with the LA Galaxy Academy needing a draw or a win to advance through to the national quarterfinals of the 2014-2015 US Soccer Development Academy season.
They got exactly what they were looking for, defeating LA 2-0 to finish the playoffs group stage a perfect 3-0-0 without allowing a goal in any of the three matches.
On Friday, Gio Montesdeoca opened the scoring while Weston McKinnie added the second to give FCD a 2-0 halftime lead. After a weather delay, the U-16s finished the job to seal the 2-0 victory.
As one of the top four remaining seeds, Luchi Gonzalez's side will host a national quarterfinal at the Toyota Soccer Center against the New England Revolution on July 8th. Stay tuned for full details on when this match will kick off so you can come cheer on FCD as they look to advance to the national semifinals.
U-18s finish Playoffs Week strong
It was a heartbreaking week for the FC Dallas U-18 Academy dropping two close results in their first two matches, but they finished the year strong defeating the Concorde Fire 5-0 in their final match of the season.
Miguel Ojeda and Oscar Romero gave FCD a 2-0 halftime lead and Alex Radilla, Caleb Young and Christian Ramirez scored in the second half to finish the season on a happy note for Francisco Molina's side.