FC Dallas learned its first opponent in the 2015 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup tonight as OKC Energy FC topped fellow USL-side Tulsa Roughnecks FC, 1-0.
The two teams played a scoreless game until the 82nd minute when Peter Toth scored the lone goal of the match on a shot from distance outside the box.
FC Dallas will now host Energy FC in a fourth-round matchup on June 16 at 8 p.m. at the Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium on the campus of Texas Christian University in Fort Worth.
Oklahoma City played against the FC Dallas Reserves last season at Toyota Stadium in a game which the FCD reserve squad won, 1-0.
Tickets are now available here.
FC Dallas midfielder Fabian Castillo was named to the MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 12. Castillo has made TOTW six times already this season. This makes it six weeks in a row FC Dallas has had at least one player included on the list.
M: Fabian Castillo (FC Dallas) - Was electric in a losing effort for Dallas, wreaking havoc on defenders all night long.
View the highlights from Saturday's 2-1 loss to the Montreal Impact
The draw for the 2015 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup fourth round was held on Thursday evening, the round in which MLS teams enter the fray with almost every team paired up against a geographically close minor league team.
FC Dallas was drawn as the host of the winner between USL's Oklahoma City Energy FC and Tulsa Roughnecks and the match will take place on Tuesday, June 16th at 8:00PM. We will have a special venue for this one with the match taking place at TCU's Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium, the home of TCU women's soccer. The fantastic facility is a grass field and can host about 2,000 fans plus more standing room so it should be a fantastic evening and atmosphere as we get the LHUSOC kicked off in Cowtown.
Oklahoma City will play at Tulsa on Wednesday, May 27th to decide which team will travel south to face FC Dallas in the fourth round matchup.
Ticket information for this match will be released in the near future.
When: May 20th
Where: Winfrey Point at White Rock Lake
Event title: Dallas Marathon Kickoff 5k Event
Summary: The Mobile Marketing Tour visited Winfrey point at White Rock Lake for the Dallas Marathon kickoff 5k event. Included at this event was an opportunity for runners and fans to put their soccer skills to the test and shoot on a goal branded with tour sponsors. There was also a prize wheel where anyone had the opportunity to spin and win prizes such as glow in the dark soccer balls, key chains, sunglasses, and rally towels! A great attendance of an estimated 250+ people made the event a major success.
This is it. The 2015 UEFA Champions League Final is down to Juventus FC and Barcelona FC, and we want you there to watch all the action on Saturday, June 6 at the Granada Theater in Dallas! Hang out with Tex Hooper and the FCD Girls, and enter to win prizes - all while watching the Champions League's best compete for the European Champion Clubs' Cup! This event is 21-and-up and doors will open at 12:45 p.m. for kickoff at 1:45. Food and drink will be available for purchase. For more information, visit GranadaTheater.com
FC Dallas defender Walker Zimmerman was named to the MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 11. This is Zimmerman's first Team of the Week honor of the season, and marks the fifth straight week that FC Dallas has had at least one player included on the list.
When: May 17th
Where: Fair Park
Event Title: Festival de Mayo
Summary: The FC Dallas Soccer Tour traveled to Fair Park to participate in Univision’s annual Festival de Mayo event on Sunday, May 17th from 12:00 – 6:00pm. The event, presented by Fiesta & Univision, brings free family entertainment to the Dallas area through a products and services exposition as well as live music. Featured at the event were performances from Latin artists Banda Los Recoditos, Jonaton Sanchez, Kevin Ortiz, La Leyenda, and Pesado. With a large crowd in attendance, the exhibitors were able to connect with many potential customers in both a professional and entertaining environment. Those that participated in the FC Dallas Soccer Tour expo had the opportunity to shoot on goal for Tour sponsor prizes. Great turnout from FC Dallas fans!
Here are your match highlights from Friday's 0-0 draw between FC Dallas and the New York Red Bulls:
Tonight, FC Dallas takes the Toyota Stadium field for the last time until June 26th. That's exactly six weeks away! Don't miss our showdown against Eastern Conference high-flyers New York Red Bulls tonight at 8:00PM. Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've been thrilled to have our new TV show FC Dallas Extra Time on TXA21 as well as FC Dallas Live which will debut this coming Wednesday and scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue tonight will be the host of those two shows, long-time Dallas sports host Gina Miller. Don't miss that ceremony right around 7:30PM on the north concourse.
2. Tonight's presenting partner is Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and they will be handing out rally towels to the first 5,000 fans inside Toyota Stadium so get there early to get your FCD rally towel.
3. Our graphic designer Olivia Brestal has crafted up a beautiful match poster(pictured to the left) for tonight's game and you can get yours in the FCD Team Store for just a few bucks!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Univision Deportes and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV or just tune in to Steve Davis' broadcast on 100.7FM at 8:00PM!
5. FCD's alpha dog forward Blas Perez will be displaying his talents again tonight and MLS Insider has a must-see feature on El Raton showing both his hero and villain side.
6. Don't forget to arrive early and take a shot at our first-annual Crossbar Challenge! You can win a chance to go down on the Toyota Stadium field after the game and even win FC Dallas season tickets! Follow the link for more information.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Our two-tone logo snapback hat is the official merchandise store special tonight and you can get yours for just $10, that's $15 off!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!
Bonus: We have started a brand new in-stadium text program for those going to FC Dallas games. We'll update you on things going on around the stadium, merch specials, send you highlights and much more! Text match7 to 444-222 to subscribe for free.