By Demetrio Teniente
Perez came in seventh with his 92nd minute game-winning goal. And Diaz' flick to Perez, while blanketed by defenders, was good enough for a second place finish on the list.
When: March 7th
Where: Toyota Soccer Complex
Event title: FC Dallas College Showcase
Summary: On March 7th, the Mobile Marketing Tour went to the FC Dallas College Showcase from 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm prior to FC Dallas’s opening game against San Jose. At the Showcase, over 100 elite teams from around the country were in attendance, and players and spectators alike enjoyed participating in the tour stop during that Saturday’s games while providing a large amount of visibility for Tour sponsors. Participants spun the wheel for FC Dallas bracelets, koozies, Cricket soccer balls, and Toyota jump ropes, and enjoyed shooting on the goal for FC Dallas magnets and pencils. The FC Dallas Toyota Soccer Tour truck was especially popular at this tour stop, and drew in a lot of admirers to participate. This tour stop proved to be very popular, and a great success.
FCDTV brings you The Final Word after Saturday's epic win
FC Dallas opened the 2015 season in dramatic fashion with a 92nd minute game winner from Blas Perez! Here are all the highlights from the first three points of the season:
We're finally here! It's time to raise the curtain on the 2015 Major League Soccer and FC Dallas opens the campaign on Saturday night at Toyota Stadium against the San Jose Earthquakes at 7:30PM. Here are the 10 things you need to know before we pack the Toyota Stadium stands:
1. Saturday's match is presented by AdvoCare and they're giving the first 7,500 fans through the gates an FCD rally mini-scarf! It's the first of four this season and you can read about the whole collection here.
2. We've got a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony on Saturday night as MLS Commissioner Don Garber will have the honors. Come to Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse right around 6:55 for that one.
3. After what feels like two weeks of ice and snow, mother nature has smiled on FC Dallas, bringing temperatures predicted to be near 60 degrees on Saturday afternoon with temps right around 50 at kickoff. Bring a jacket and your tailgating gear as the Toyota Stadium parking lots will be hopping well before kickoff.
4. Saturday's match is the first one on TXA 21 as part of our brand new TV deal. Also new in 2015 is an extended post-game show on our radio broadcast on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis. Be sure to turn on 100.7FM as you're leaving Toyota Stadium as Steve and Peter Welpton, co-host of 1310AM The Ticket's "The Kickaround," will break down the action after the 90 minutes are up while on the Spanish side, long-time host Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon are back on 1270AM. Additionally, outside the DFW metroplex, our game will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports Texas Channel 323 so we've got you covered from all angles!
5. Be sure to stop by the FC Dallas Team Store at Saturday's game for all your FCD gear needs including the brand new 2015 secondary jersey as well as our game-exclusive match poster which is VERY limited edition.
6. If you think Tesho Akindele is headed for a sophomore slump, think again.
7. As with any new year, there are a ton of new things around Toyota Stadium, be sure to check out all our new things around Toyota Stadium including a brand new merch store in the northwest corner, the new LHK DJ Booth next to the Lamar Hunt Statue, an updated Chase Seat Store, brand new LED field boards around the pitch and our pre-game show at the MoneyGram desk.
8. Saturday's matchup features two teams that were headed in different directions at the end of 2014 and San Jose added a new coach because of it. We break it down in our Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
9. Saturday is your FINAL chance to get your season ticket package including the July 7th US Men's National Team CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader. Don't miss out, secure your season seats here!
10. Limited tickets are still available for Saturday's match and you can avoid the box office lines by securing your seats here. See you Saturday night!
Show up early tomorrow to get your hands on a very limited edition match poster exclusive to Saturday's match only available in the Toyota Stadium Team Store!
Pretty isn't it...
The season is back! FCD kicks things off on Saturday night against San Jose and we've got you covered with FCDTV's Keys to the Match driven by Toyota
What better way to prepare for the regular season home-opener against the San Jose Earthquakes tomorrow, than by reading all of them.
After all the awards talk, the staff highlighted Diaz in a feature that supports his inclusion in the superlative conversations.
And last but certainly not least, there was a piece on Blas Perez’ soccer career- which spans 15 teams, seven countries and four continents. Not surprisingly, Perez’ four year stint with FC Dallas is the longest in his career.
Just a little bit of reading to pass the time between now and 7:30PM on Saturday night!
One of the coolest parts of last fall's double dose of MLS playoff games at Toyota Stadium was seeing the fans standing and waiving the "Red For Glory" mini-scarves handed out to nearly everyone in attendance.
They were so popular, that we're bringing them back in 2015 with a special twist.
At four games this season, the first 7,500 fans into Toyota Stadium will be receiving collectible mini-scarves with Saturday's home opener the first chance to get your hands on the first of the four-scarf set.
As you can see, the scarf we're handing out on Saturday, which is presented by AdvoCare, has our "Red for 90" tagline on there but if you look closer you can see a "D"...this is where having all four is awesome. When you have all four of the scarves, it will spell out DTID and we don't think we need to tell you what that means.
Remember, the scarves are only being handed out to the first 7,500 fans on Saturday so GET THERE EARLY! MLS Commissioner Don Garber will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue at 7:00PM so there's really no excuse to not get in your seats early on Saturday night and get the first of four mini-scarves!
If you don't have your tickets yet, click here to order yours!
2015 Collectible Mini-Scarf Schedule:
- 3/7 vs San Jose pres. by AdvoCare
- 3/28 vs Seattle pres. by Toyota
- 7/25 vs Portland Timbers FC pres. by Chase
- 8/15 vs LA Galaxy pres. by Toyota