Our May Scarf of the Month is dedicated to the best mascot in MLS, our very own Tex Hooper!
You may not be Tex Hooper, but you can look like him with this fun design which, on one side, has the Tex Hooper name mark with the FC Dallas logo which comes together when you wear it. On the other side is where the magic happens with Tex Hooper horns that make you look like Tex when you hold it up to your head.
Now, normally you hold the scarf high above your head, but this one is best held like you see to the left with Victor Ulloa.
This unique scarf will definitely sell out, so be sure to stop by the team store this week or at Saturday's match against Los Angeles to get your brand new May Scarf of the Month dedicated to the big man, Tex Hooper!
We're just a little over 24 hours away from the first Texas Derby pres. by Novo Nordisk of 2015 and the local Univision sports anchors in Dallas and Houston have made the first bet of the weekend.
For those who don't speak spanish, Enrique challenged Pedro to a bet of whoever's team wins the first round of the Texas Derby, the other anchor will have to wear the winning team's jersey on the air. Of course, Pedro was quick to accept the challenge knowing that FC Dallas is pretty much guaranteed to get the W on Friday night.
Stay tuned on this one and be sure to follow Pedro on Twitter @PedritoSilva and Enrique @Enriquedeportes to see how this all plays out!
The young flair of FCD's attack was on full display Friday night in Colorado as Fabian Castillo and Mauro Diaz combined to score one of the prettiest goals you'll see in MLS this season. Castillo put the Rapids defense on ice skates with one of his trademark jinking runs through the box before playing the perfect ball to Diaz who smashed home his first MLS goal in nearly a year to put FC Dallas up in the first half.
The fantastic assist, which really made the goal in this case, was Castillo's third of the year already just one assist shy of his 2014 mark of four only eight games into the season. He's also already halfway to his highest career total of assists which he set in 2013.
Vote Mauro(and Fabian) for Week 8 AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 8
First segment … We start off talking about Champions League competitions on two continents, the UEFA version and the CONCACAF version.
Second segment … Marc Stein got a few minutes with New York Red Bull and U.S. international Sacha Kljestan, who was candid about his domestic and international roles.
Third segment … ESPN FC's Craig Burley, a former Scottish international and longtime Chelsea man, joins to talk Premier League and Champions League.
Fourth segment … Show producer Tyler Kern joins Steve Davis to talk about U.S. national team youngster Jordan Morris, and about a conversation started last week by ESPN's Taylor Twellman.
Here are all the highlights from FCD's 1-1 road draw at Colorado :
Tonight on Unimas, the United States U-23 National Team will play an important friendly against Mexico as they continue crafting the team that will represent the United States in Olympic qualifying later this year.
This game also represents a huge opportunity for 21-year-old center back Walker Zimmerman who will be appearing with the United States for the first time in quite a while. For FC Dallas head coach Oscar Pareja, it's a reward for playing time he has earned with FC Dallas making two starts in his last three matches.
"I think it’s a good thing for Walker for two reasons," said Pareja. "First, now he feels that he can do it and that’s not that someone is giving him something. I think he’s being rewarded for something that is deserved."
That second reason Pareja references deals with Zimmerman's health. Having captained the U-20s for most of his youth career, Zimmerman missed out on the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup due to injuries that kept him out of the vast majority of games in his rookie season.
Having remained healthy for the vast majority of this 2015 season, Zimmerman is once again healthy enough to consistently see the field for FC Dallas which now sees him given the chance to impress US U-23 head coach Andi Herzog on the big stage against Mexico tonight.
"Second, he’s a player that has spent too much time in the nursery," said Pareja in his word used to describe the injury room. "We can’t develop a player who is in the nursery and I’m happy now to see good long strides with him."
Watch Zimmerman and the United States U-23s take on Mexico tonight at 10:00PM on Unimas.
FC Dallas fans have raised the game at Toyota Stadium over the last couple years creating a one of a kind sports atmosphere in DFW and Dr Pepper, the presenting partner for our next home match against the LA Galaxy on May 9th wants to provide select #DTID fans with a One of A Kind Experience!
Dr Pepper is always one of a kind and they want FC Dallas fans to show why they're an #FCDOneOfAKind fan. Here's the details:
-Post a picture on Twitter or Instagram showing your FC Dallas spirit and include hashtag #FCDOneOfAKind in the post between 12:00PM on Tuesday, April 21st and 12:00PM on Monday, April 27th.
-Ten (10) winners will receive two (2) tickets to the Saturday, May 9th match vs Los Angeles presented by Dr Pepper.
-From Monday, April 27th to Friday, May 1st, fans can vote on their favorite picture from the ten winners and the top three vote winners will receive a VIP Toyota Stadium tour, on-field access during pre-game warmups, an FCD prize pack featuring a new jersey and more including a full supply of Dr Pepper products!
It took over five hours, but it was worth it. Here are your match highlights from FCD's wild 3-2 win over Toronto FC.
It's a Happy Hour Matinee at Toyota Stadium on Friday night as FC Dallas looks to stay unbeaten at home against the Colorado Rapids at 6:00PM! Here are the 10 things to know about tonight's game:
1. We've had some great Lamar Hunt Statue Scarfers this season and we've got another one on Friday as Dallas Cowboys kicker Dan Bailey will have the honors. That ceremony is at 5:30PM on the north concourse.
2. It's a Happy Hour matinee tonight with a special 6:00PM kickoff and with that, we've got your Happy Hour pricing at Toyota Stadium leading up to kickoff in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace. Look out for $5 drink specials and $2 hot dogs plus FCD gear is 25% off from 5:00 to 5:30 and 15% off from 5:30 to 6:00.
3. We've got a brand new Scarf of the Month for April and you can get yours in the team store tonight! Hey, get there early enough and you can get it for 25% off!
4. Friday's match is a national TV broadcast on Unimas and will also be available on UnivisionDeportes.com. Seven out of our next 12 games will be on one of the Univision family of networks so if you can't make it out be sure to remember where Unimas is on your TV dial and visit MLSsoccer.com/SAP for information on how to get English commentary using the SAP feature on your TV.
5. The weather for tonight's match? Absolutely perfect. CBS 11 predicts a high of 75 with clear skies and this could be the only day without rain for a while so be sure to enjoy your evening at Toyota Stadium.
6. Did FC Dallas re-discover their set piece magic in Portland and how do you deal with a Colorado team desperate for a win? We discuss it in the Keys to the Match Driven by Toyota.
7. The official DJs of FC Dallas, The LHK, have your tunes covered for the drive to Toyota Stadium with their Pregame Playlist.
8. Stop by the team store tonight to get your hands on our exclusive match poster dedicated to Colorado native Tesho Akindele!
9. Remember you can listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. There's still time to get your tickets for tonight's match HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best seat in the house!