FC Dallas has never been 4-0-0 in their previous 19 seasons in Major League Soccer. They have the chance to do that for the first time in franchise history on Saturday night against Seattle Sounders FC. It's going to be a packed house at Toyota Stadium and here are the ten things to know before you join us for another #DTID night:
1. Saturday's match is presented by Toyota and they're bringing you the second in our set of four collectible mini-rally scarves. The first 7,500 will receive a rally scarf upon entry to Toyota Stadium on Saturday night, so get there early!
2. It's a huge honor to have Mexican soccer legend Cuauhtemoc Blanco scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue on Saturday night as he and his Puebla side will face Queretaro and Ronaldinho on Sunday at Toyota Stadium. Don't miss the ceremony at 7:00PM on the north concourse.
3. Saturday's game is broadcast on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Brian Dunseth on the call with Steve Davis on 100.7FM The Word in English and 1270AM in Spanish with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon. If you go to Saturday's match, be sure to turn on the post-game radio show as you drive home on 100.7FM.
4. The weather for our first two home games hasn't been the best with snow and rain to deal with. Those days are gone as we're going to have an absolutely gorgeous night on Saturday with CBS 11 predicting highs in the 80s with temperature right around 70 at kickoff.
5. This sweet match-specific poster to the left and all your FCD gear is available in the team store at Toyota Stadium and if you're a Season Ticket Holder ask about how you can get the April Scarf of the Month before anyone else!
6. Get your pre-game workout in with our brand new Pre-Game Playlist from the official DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew
7. As always, parking is free at Toyota Stadium, but Toyota drives can enjoy free upgraded parking in the Toyota Camry lot directly northwest of Toyota Stadium. Look for the signs.
8. Be sure to follow us on Social Media @FCDallas on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook plus fcdofficial on Snapchat to get the full game experience!
9. Saturday's match will be affected by international callups for both sides and the defense that FC Dallas turns into offense will be key to getting a win. We break it all down with the Keys to the Match presented by Toyota.
10. Limited tickets are still available right here or at the box office starting at $22. See you at Toyota Stadium!
The official in-house DJ's of FC Dallas, The Latin House Krew, will be bringing you a pre-game playlist before every game at Toyota Stadium. Here's your first mix to get you pumped for Saturday night's game:
The FC Dallas Academy is unquestionably among the top in American soccer having signed more Homegrown players than any other team and played more Homegrown minutes than any other team in 2014, but one thing the Academy hasn't produced is a full first team international player. That could all change this week as Moises Hernandez has been called in to the Guatemala National Team squad for friendlies against Canada and El Salvador.
It's another milestone that is huge for both Hernandez and his club, FC Dallas.
"It’s another big step for him and a step that I hope he can take the best way possible to get more mature," said head coach Oscar Pareja. "To understand the responsibilities with his club, himself, his family and now with his country."
Hernandez has taken a winding road to breaking through with the FCD first team having had loan stints in both Guatemala and Costa Rica, but over the last 12 months the 23-year-old has blossomed into a key player for Pareja's side playing every minute of the first three games of 2015 for a Dallas side that is 3-0-0 with just one goal allowed.
"I think the club should be very proud to have a product of the academy exposed to the national team level and not just the USA but abroad," said Pareja. "That pride should be carried by the whole club."
Hernandez and Guatemala will play Canada in Fort Lauderdale at 3:30PM on Friday before playing El Salvador at the StubHub Center in Carson, CA on March 31.
FULL LIST OF INTERNATIONAL MATCHES FOR FC DALLAS PLAYERS
Kyle Bekker - Canada
Kyle Bekker and the Canadian National Team will be the aforementioned Guatemala National Team on Friday afternoon in Fort Lauderale and then will play Puerto Rico on March 30th at 5:30 in Puerto Rico.
Atiba Harris - St. Kitts & Nevis
Amazingly, Harris is a part of some of the first games in 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying this week as St. Kitts & Nevis battle against the Turks & Caicos Islands in the first round of qualifying.
St. Kitts & Nevis rolled in the first leg on Tuesday scoring a 6-2 win in Basseterre. Atiba scored the first goal of the match in the 18th minute and his side will contest the second leg on March 26th. The winner of the two-leg series will face El Salvador in another two-leg series this summer.
Blas Perez - Panama
Blas Perez and Panama face Trinidad & Tobago on March 27th in the Carribean island before battling CONCACAF rival Costa Rica in Panama City on March 31.
Je-Vaughn Watson - Jamaica
Je-Vaughn Watson and Jamaica begin final preparations for the 2015 Copa America with a pair of friendlies in Montego Bay vs Venezuela and Cuba. The Reggae Boyz will battle Venezuela on Friday night and then face Cuba on Monday, both at the Montego Bay Sports Complex.
First goal. First AT&T Goal of the Week nomination.
Ryan Hollingshead's second-half strike has been nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week and you know what to do! .
Vote Ryan Hollingshead for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
WATCH: GOTW Week 3
First segment … Show co-hosts Marc Stein and Steve Davis talk about the day's big derbies, Liverpool-Manchester United and Barcelona-Real Madrid. They also swap soccer stories about Steve Nash, a longtime soccer fanatic.
Second segment … ESPN FC's Dan Thomas joins the show to talk all things Real Madrid and Barcelona ahead of the day's huge clash at the storied Nou Camp.
Third segment … Orlando City Soccer Club manager Adrian Heath visits, talking about his expansion side's recent launch in Major League Soccer. Topics include former FC Dallas man Brek Shea and his move to the back line.
Fourth segment … We run Champions League around the table, including this question: What has happened to England, without a team in the lucrative tournament's quarterfinals for the second time in three years?
Here are all the best photos from FCD's 2-0 win at Philadelphia last weekend:
Here are your match highlights from FCD's 2-0 road win at Philadelphia
When you play as well as Dallas has, people take notice and FC Dallas has jumped to the top spot in the Week 2 ESPN MLS Power Rankings.
Tough defense and killer play in transition continues to be a winning formula for Dallas, in this case against Kansas City. Blas Perez celebrated his birthday in style, scoring two goals. If Mauro Diaz can regain his magic from a year ago, look out.
Jason Davis of ESPN also had this to say about FCD while listing Zach Loyd and Blas Perez in his team of the week.
It's early, really early, but the best team thus far in the Western Conference isn't the LA Galaxy or the Seattle Sounders...it's FC Dallas.
It is really early, but this team sure is a lot of fun isn't it?
With five out of the first seven games at home, FC Dallas has a huge opportunity to start the season strong and after scoring a dramatic game-winner against San Jose last weekend, FCD's back home on Saturday night to face Sporting Kansas City looking to go 2-0 on the young season.
We're looking at another raucous atmosphere on Saturday night and we want you in the house! Watch the game in style on Saturday night with our FC Deal offering a ticket + on-field pre-game experience + FCD scarf starting at just $24!
When you get to the stadium, stop by the seat store in the northwest corner to claim your #DTID scarf, then you'll get the chance to watch warmups on the field before the game before taking your seat to watch FCD do their thing against one of the newest Western Conference teams.
Full details on how to claim your free scarf and enjoy your on-field experience will be sent in an e-mail on Friday afternoon to all FC Deal buyers.
See you on Saturday night!
Today, Mauro Diaz celebrates his 24th birthday and MLSsoccer.com has named the birthday boy to their MLS Week 1 Team of the Week.
Mauro completed 30 of 39 passes in Saturday's match according to the OPTA Chalkboard and tied for the team lead with two key passes in the 1-0 win over San Jose playing in a deeper role in Oscar Pareja's 4-4-2 formation.
They had this to say about his performance:
M: Mauro Diaz (FC Dallas) – This kid is fun. Ran the show for FCD with an impressive blend of flair, labor and thrust.