After nearly three weeks, FC Dallas is finally back home on Sunday as we host th eLA Galaxy in one of the biggest regular season games at Toyota Stadium in quite some time. Here are 10 things to know about Sunday's big match:
1. Sunday's match is set for a 6:00PM kickoff and is presented by WinStar World Casino & Resorts. You'll definitely want to head to Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse to check out their huge tent with lots of great giveaways.
2. Speaking of Lamar's Tailgate, we're excited to have team captain Maylee Johnson and the Trinidad & Tobago Women's National Team as our honorary LH Statue scarfer right around 5:30pm.
3. You're going to want to head over to the east parking lot of the stadium before heading inside Toyota Stadium on Sunday as the Budweiser Brewmaster Tour will be outside. There's free beer. Do I need to say more?
4. There is a TON on the line as FC Dallas clinches a 2014 MLS Cup Playoff spot with a win while the LA Galaxy can move to the top of MLS with at least a draw. Check out the full MLS standings to see just how big this late-season showdown is.
5. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink fieldf
6. This will be Landon Donovan's final MLS regular season match at Toyota Stadium so be in your seat early tonight as we'll have a special presentation before kickoff.
7. The forecast for Sunday's match is pretty much perfect. A high of 80 is expected for this one with temperatures probably right around 75 at kickoff. No rain is expected until well after midnight.
9. If you're one of the poor souls who can't make it out to the game, Sunday's match will be live nationally on ESPN2 with a 6:10PM kickoff. Additionally, the game will be on 100.7FM(English) & 1270AM(Spanish)
10. Limited tickets are still available for the match and you can grab yours here.
Hear from Kellyn Acosta, Matt Hedges & Oscar Pareja on #FCDvLA with FCDTV's Quick Kicks:
Here's your Keys to the Match pres. by Toyota with Scott & Daniel breaking down Sunday's game:
All you Chipotle fanatics in Dallas rejoice! Join us at Chipotle at Preston & Warren in Frisco on Thursday, Oct. 9th from 3:00 - 4:30PM as two of our Homegrown stars, Victor Ulloa & Moises Hernandez, will be signing autographs, taking pictures and even rolling a burrito or two.
Come get your Chipotle fix on Thursday afternoon with Vic, Mo & FCD!
It was back to work for the FC Dallas Academy as they took the trip down I-45 to take on Texas Rush in a full set of weekend games on Sunday from U-18 all the way down to U-13. Here's a recap of the action(Stay tuned for our FCDTV Academy Update later this week talking to coaches and players about the games):
Texas Rush U-18: 1
The U-18s moved to 3-0-0 on the season with 5-1 win over Texas Rush. Homegrown signing Coy Craft joined the U-18s for his first game of the season scoring a hat trick in the win. Caleb Young added two goals to take his tally to three on the young season.
Texas Rush U-16: 0
Giovanni Montesedoca scored twice while Devin Vega, Toshiki Yasuda & Isaac Albaradei also tallied goals in the first shutout of the season for the U-16s who are 3-0-0.
The FCD U-16s head to Kansas City this weekend for the first round of Generation adidas Cup qualifying where they'll play Houston Dynamo & Chicago Fire.
Texas Rush U-15: 0
The U-15's moved to 2-0-0 on the season with a 5-0 win over Texas Rush. Abelardo Escalante, Jommar Reyez, Mandel Steward, Alonzo Molina and Carlos Garcia scored in the victory.
Texas Rush U-14: 2
The U-14s fell to Texas Rush 2-0, with goals scored in either half.
Texas Rush U-13: 2
Bryan Reynolds and Johan Gomez scored for the U-13's in their first win of the season over Texas Rush.
Here are the match highlights from FCD's 2-0 loss at Vancouver:
Hear from Loyd, Ulloa & Pareja ahead of Saturday's game in Vancouver:
He's pretty much the hottest forward in the league with four goals in his last three games and on Wednesday, August 1 you can meet Blas "El Raton" Perez! From 4:30-6:00PM tomorrow, head to Albertsons at 6800 Virginia Parkway in McKinney and you can get Blas' autograph as well as play in our soccer cage, win cool FCD prizes and meet both Tex Hooper and the FCD Girls! All of this goodness is brought to you by MoneyGram!
We'll see you Wednesday afternoon at Albertsons in McKinney!
FC Dallas was back in the win column last week with the 3-1 drubbing of Seattle and two FC Dallas players have been named to the MLSsoccer.com Week 30 Team of the Week! Versatile defender/midfielder Je-Vaughn Watson earned a spot on the team for his fantastic performance on Wednesday while, of course, David Texeira earned his first TOTW spot after his two-goal master class.
Here's what they had to say about the duo:
F: David Texeira (FC Dallas) – Texeira loves playing the Sounders. All of three of his goals this season have come against Seattle and his two on Wednesday could not have come at a more perfect time.
Here are the epic pics from Wednesday's win over Seattle Sounders FC: