BY JEREMY VILLANUEVA
FC Dallas takes its three-game unbeaten streak into a new city to MLS on Saturday. We have you covered on the matchup by the numbers:
0 – No team has ever won when these two teams face… they haven’t tied either. This is the first meeting in history between FC Dallas and Orlando City SC (minus a preseason scrimmage that we’ll just forget about).
-10 – Orlando City will be without its No. 10, Kaka, after a red card in last week’s 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake.
3 – Fabian Castillo heads into Orlando on a three-game scoring streak. He has had one previous three-match MLS scoring streak but has never scored in four straight games.
15 – Aside from Kaka, Orlando City will also be missing Cyle Larin in Saturday’s contest. The two account for 15 of the team’s 23 goals on the season.
5 – Orlando City SC has a way of being fouled inside the box. The team leads the league in penalty kicks attempted with five, scoring four.
181- Although FC Dallas is last in the league in shots with 181; the team is sixth in the league in goals for.
6 – Orlando is the enemy this weekend. Is it any surprise “The Lions” hold a 6-6-6 record heading into the match? (cue the “Twilight Zone” music)
+1 – Both teams hold a plus-one goal differential on the season. FC Dallas has scored 24 goals thus far with Orlando City at its heels with 23.
2 – FC Dallas has had its struggles on the road recently with only two wins on the season and none in their last five games. Could Saturday be their third?
8 – Dallas is in the midst of an eight-day streak of seeing one of its players compete in the Gold Cup. FCD has five players in the Gold Cup, tied for most in the league with Real Salt Lake. Follow how the FCD players are doing at our Gold Cup Central landing page.
It has been over a year since Mauro Diaz had scored an MLS goal at Toyota Stadium, but he made this one worth the wait. The Argentine maestro pulled a page out of Ronaldinho's book sliding one under the wall and into the back of the next giving Dallas a lead they wouldn't look back from.
Mauro's goal has been nominated for AT&T Goal of the Week so give him your vote!
WATCH: GOTW Week 18
By Jeremy Villanueva
FC Dallas’ star duo Mauro Díaz and Fabian Castillo and head coach Oscar "Papi" Pareja were named to the MLS Team of the Week for Week 18 after a 3-0 victory over the New England Revolution on Independence Day. “Super Mauro” played a role in all three goals, including an early free kick sent under the Revolution wall. Castillo extended his goal streak to three games, and Pareja led FCD to its third straight home shutout.
M: Mauro Díaz (FC Dallas) – The "Díaz Show" was on full display against the Revolution, as the Argentine weaved through New England's defense all night, ending up with a goal and an assist.
M: Fabián Castillo (FC Dallas) – The Revolution could not deal with the Colombian's speed on Saturday, as Castillo wreaked havoc all night for FC Dallas.
Coach: Oscar Pareja (FC Dallas) - El Profe had his two stars going full throttle Saturday night as FC Dallas collected their second consecutive win.
It's the annual July 4th extravaganza at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night presented by TXU Energy! There's so much going on around Toyota Stadium on Saturday night so here are the 10 things to know about the showdown with New England:
1. Saturday's match and post-game fireworks show are presented by TXU Energy and you'll want to arrive early as the first 5,000 fans receive a pair of light-up bam bam sticks! Who doesn't love something that lights up?
2. For anyone who has been to an FC Dallas July 4th game, you know it gets a little emotional at halftime when the American Fallen Soldiers Project presents the family of a fallen soldier with a painted portrait of their loved one. Our honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer will be Phil Taylor from the AFSP, and you'll want to be by the Lamar Hunt Statue by 7:30 for that one.
3. If there's a little something off about our special match poster, it's because graphic designer Olivia Brestal has created a 3D poster for Saturday's match! Get yours in the team store which comes with a complementary pair of 3D glasses.
4. Meet defender Stephen Keel on the north concourse tomorrow near the TXU Energy oversized chair! Get your picture and autograph with the man himself.
5. Our opponent, New England, won the Eastern Conference last year but has been struggling recently. Get caught up with our Know Your Enemy feature.
6. Our merchandise special for Saturday's match is $5 off the Countrymen/USA flag tees so stop by the store and treat yo' self.
7. Tomorrow's match features the biggest July 4th fireworks show in town pres. by TXU Energy and that should be going off right around 15 minutes after the final whistle. It's going to be over the north end of the stadium so be sure to grab a good spot after FCD takes three points.
8. FC Dallas has been absolutely fantastic at home over the last year with a 13-2-2 record inside the friendly confines of Toyota Stadium in their last 17 games.
9. If you can't make the game, watch live on TXA21 with Mark Followill and Steve Jolley on the call. Remember you can also listen to tonight's game in English on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis and don't forget to tune into the post-game show on your drive home from Toyota Stadium. As always, our game is available in Spanish on 1270AM La Voz Del Pueblo with Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon.
10. Tickets are very limited for Saturday's match but you can get yours HERE or you can call 1.888.FCD.GOAL and they'll get you set up with the best remaining seat in the house!
The FC Dallas design team of Erik Davila & Olivia Brestal has done a fantastic job this year with their match posters and scarves of the month, but this might take the cake.
If the official match poster for Saturday's July 4th extravaganza vs New England looks a little bit off to you, there's a good reason. This week's match poster is a special 3D version bringing Zach Loyd to life(though don't worry, you can also see him on the Toyota Stadium field Saturday night as well).
The poster is available in the FCD Team Store on gameday and, of course, for every poster you purchase for $5, you'll get a pair of 3D glasses to enjoy it in all its glory. Quantities are very limited so be sure to arrive early and get yours before they sell out!
Our July Scarf of the Month is dedicated to the patriotic-filled month in North Texas.
FC Dallas will face the New England Revolution on Saturday, July 4, with the annual post-match fireworks show - one of the largest shows in the metroplex!
Then on Sunday, July 5, the U.S. Women's National Team will play for the 2015 Women's World Cup title at 6 p.m. - be sure to join us for our watch party at the Granada Theater!
Finally, the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup will kick-off on Tuesday, July 7, with a doubleheader right here at Toyota Stadium - Panama will get the evening started as they play Haiti at 6:00 CT followed immediately by the U.S. Men's National Team facing Honduras at 8:30!
You don’t want to miss your opportunity to get your one-of-a-kind scarf celebrating America. Be sure to stop by the team store or buy it at the July 4 match-up against New England!
SPECIAL STORE HOURS THIS WEEK ONLY
Wednesday July 1st : 10am – 9pm
Thursday July 2nd : 10am – 7 pm
Friday July 3rd: 10am – 3pm
The U.S. Women will play for the 2015 Women's World Cup title on Sunday evening, and we want you to watch the game with us! We'll be returning to the Granada Theater on Sunday, July 5, for the 6 p.m. kick, with doors opening at 5 p.m. Tex Hooper and the FC Dallas Girls will be on-hand decked out in their Red, White and Blue to give out prizes.
More info to come later in the week, but mark your calendars now!
Please note this is a 21-and-up venue.
FC Dallas midfielder Victor Ulloa was named to the MLS Team of the Week for Week 17. This is the first time Ulloa has been named to the Team of the Week this season, and the first time an FC Dallas player has been nominated since Week 12.
M: Victor Ulloa (FC Dallas) – Was active and didn't give the ball away in the Texas Derby. He also made a ridiculous cross-field pass to get Fabián Castillo into position to score the team's second goal.
Castillo was included as a bench player for TOTW with one goal and a cross that was deflected in for an own goal.
By Taylor Hester
As FC Dallas gears up to take on the Houston Dynamo, here are some numbers to keep in mind:
1 - For every Tweet using #CrushTheOrange, Dan Hunt will personally donate $1 to the FC Dallas Foundation
5 - FCD finally returns home after a five-game road swing
14 - In their last 16 home games, FC Dallas is unbeaten in 14, winning 12 matches
6 - Houston Dynamo extended their road winless streak to six last weekend, losing 2-0 to the Portland Timbers
4 - FCD has won four of the last five matches agaisnt Houston in MLS play, and two straight Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup matches
7 - Houston's Will Bruin is tied for third-most goals in MLS with seven
51 - Houston is last in MLS in terms of Shots on Goal with 51
831 - Friday marks 831 days since the last time FC Dallas hosted the Texas Derby pres. by Novo Nordisk in MLS play
0 - Zero is the amount of times the Dynamo have fired El Capitan from 2013-15
250 - Wastewater from the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex flows downstream 250 miles in the Trinity River and into Lake Livingston where Houston gets most of its water