FC Dallas survived Wednesday's knockout round match against Vancouver, earning a two-legged playoff against top-seeded Seattle Sounders FC beginning on Sunday night at 8:00PM at Toyota STadium. Here are the 10 things you need to know before heading to the stadium.
1. We are declaring it #RedSunday across DFW. This means everyone coming to Toyota Stadium on Sunday night must wear red in support of FC Dallas. Let's turn Toyota Stadium into a sea of red that sends the Sounders packing.
2. Our honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer on Sunday night will be 1310 The Ticket's own Corby Davidson from The Hardline. Be sure to join us on the north concourse at 7:25 for that ceremony.
3. ARRIVE EARLY on Sunday as our first 10,000 fans will receive #RedForGlory scarves courtesy of Chase & Toyota. If you received one on Wednesday, we encourage you to bring it back Sunday so we can have one in the hands of every single person in the stadium.
4. Do the words "two-legged" game, "away goals" or "extra time" confuse you? Take a read of our playoff rules primer explaining everything about how FC Dallas can advance to the next round.
6. Sunday's match kicks off just after 8:00PM and is live nationally on ESPN2 with Adrian Healey, Taylor Twellman & Alexi Lalas. You can also catch the match on 100.7FM with Steve Davis & 1270AM with Carlos Alvarado & Rafa Calderon. Additionally, when driving home from the stadium, 100.7FM now has a post-game show so be sure to turn that on during the drive home.
8. It's going to be absolutely gorgeous on Sunday with a high of 70 and a low of 55. With the 8:00PM kickoff and the Cowboys playing at 12:00PM, we expect a huge crowd of tailgaters getting ready for Sunday's big playoff game.
9. Since you're all going to be at the stadium, set your DVR to record Stephen Keel's appearance on Whatcha Got MLS? It's a special segment on ESPNFC directly after our game in which Keel races a Lambo against other MLS players to potentially win the car. Check it out!
10. If you don't have tickets yet, there are still some available here.
Toyota is giving you the chance to meet FC Dallas Homegrown players Moises Hernandez and Victor Ulloa at the State Fair of Texas on Saturday, September 27. The players will be signing autographs and taking photos from 3-4pm at the Toyota outdoor display (above) on Saturday afternoon.
Fans can also get photos with FCD mascot Tex Hooper, or arrive early at 2pm to get photos with the FC Dallas Girls.
Here are the epic pics from Wednesday's win over Seattle Sounders FC:
We've got some huge games coming to Toyota Stadium over the next week and not the least of which is our big Special Olympics match coming directly after Saturday's MLS match between FC Dallas and Colorado Rapids.
It's the second year of FCD Special Olympics team play and our players have been training hard over the last three months for this match! They've all signed contracts as official FC Dallas players and will look to build on last year's 2-2 draw at Colorado. There are currently six MLS franchises with Special Olympics teams: Portland, Seattle, Real Salt Lake, LA, Colorado and FCD.
We need all our #DTID fans to stay after Saturday's MLS match to cheer on our Special Olympics team. The match will kickoff right around 10:00PM directly after the MLS game and will feature two 20-minute halves. Our game presentation will be exactly like any FC Dallas game with intros, fireworks, drumline and Hooper.
In addition, we're going to have a special social media contest. Tweet or Instagram a picture of you watching the FCDSO match using #SODoubleHeader and we will pick two winners at random to win two tickets to Tuesday's LHUSOC semifinal vs Philadelphia plus a new FC Dallas scarf.
These amazing people and athletes are a huge part of our club here at FC Dallas and we will support them on Saturday just like we will cheer on Blas Perez, Fabian Castillo and the rest of FC Dallas in Saturday's huge Western Conference match vs Colorado pres. by Raytheon!
You see that date in the top left corner of this blog post? It's the first day of August, guys. And that means it's time for a brand spankin' new Scarf of the Month!
We decided to mix things up this month by going with blue as the predominant color on August's scarf. "Dallas 'Til I Die" is sewn on one side between two FCD shields while the other side reads "FC Dallas" between two #DTID hashtags.
It's simple, yet exquisite. And this month we're sweetening the deal with free shipping on orders of $50 or more (limited-time only). So get yours today!
Need help getting out of work tomorrow to watch the all-important USA vs. Germany World Cup match? Dr. Tex Hooper has you covered! Just print and fill out the doctor's note below and turn it in to your employer and they'll have no choice but to excuse your absence on Thursday.
And in case you're wondering, the best location to treat WorldCupititus tomorrow will be at the AT&T Plaza at American Airlines Center. See you for treatment tomorrow!
Several members of the FC Dallas family are traveling to Brazil this summer to take in the 2014 FIFA World Cup and have agreed to share their experiences with FCDallas.com to give our readers a first-person perspective of the festivities. Today's entry comes from Mobile Sales Team Manager Ryan Hurtado from Rio de Janeiro.
Yesterday was hands down the most incredible experience as a sports fan. As we stepped into the Maracana for the first time to see our seats were 19 rows from the pitch, I couldn't help but just scream. I think I know how Kevin Garnett felt now in his "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE" moment! Haha.
As a college football player and some one who has really been into soccer for four years, it has been a process that has transformed me. If you said five years ago that I would enjoy soccer more than a football or basketball game, I would have spit my drink out in laughter. So submerging yourself in a sport and culture, working and seeing tons of matches from USMNT live, Brazil vs. Mexico, MLS matches, College and Youth Soccer to now see THE Messi live and have him score a matter of 100 feet away from you in the World Cup, I guess you can say this was my baptism in the religion of footy.
To explain how wild the Argentina fans were would be an understatement. The impromptu chants that took over the stadium were somewhat baffling! Only to have every Brazilian in the crowd respond to their chants to support Bosnia, it made for an atmosphere like I've never felt before. To only think this was game one. I'm not sure how this will compare to today's USA match as we won't be in Natal, but look to join tens of thousands of US fans at the FIFA Fan Zone.
This morning I took in Ipanema with a workout to mentally get ready to be as proud as possible to be American in a foreign county. I have been outside the U.S. before, but this will be the first time where I get to don the Red, White and Blue while also rewriting perception on Americans not only as a culture but as soccer fans. Prepping my full Popsicle Away kit and board shorts should really help the pompous American views!
Portugal vs. Germany kicks soon, here is to hoping for a 90 minute brawl that ends in a draw!
The calendar has turned and that means it's time to release the next edition in our Scarf of the Month line. With the 2014 FIFA World Cup kicking off this month, naturally June's scarf has a World Cup theme.
The limited-edition scarf shows your support for club and country all at the same time. One side displays "USA" and "FC Dallas" in red, white and blue - the colors of the USMNT and FCD - while the reverse side reads, "One Heart, Two Teams" in yellow, green and blue - the colors of World Cup host nation, Brazil.
This is sure to be one of our fastest-selling scarves of the year, so order yours today before they sell out!
May has begun, and that means it's time for a brand new Scarf of the Month! May's limited-edition scarf features an argyle pattern with clean white ends and red fringe. One side displays a white FC Dallas wordmark, with an all-white FCD shield on the other side.
The March Scarf of the Month sold out in a matter of days, and the initial order of April's scarf sold out in less than 24 hours, prompting a second, special-edition order that sold out just as quickly. So don't waste any time ordering this month's edition. After all, you want to have the complete Scarf of the Month collection at the end of the year, don't you?