Today is Digital Day across FC Dallas platforms as we get prepped for Saturday's season opener against San Jose. Come back here at 2:00PM(or maybe a couple minutes earlier) to join in our annual online chat with FC Dallas Head Coach Oscar Pareja! Everyone who asks a question in today's chat with Papi will be entered to win an FC Dallas team-signed scarf so be sure to stick around because we will pick a winner at the end!
This certainly wasn't your typical Friday at Toyota Stadium.
The light flurries we saw driving to work quickly turned into a snowstorm that we see once every few years here in DFW.
Training in a winter wonderland...❄️❄️❄️ pic.twitter.com/c36oA1QnjW
— FC Dallas (@FCDallas) February 27, 2015
The thing that made this even more surreal was the whole scene playing out as FC Dallas held their final training session before departing for Saturday's last match of the preseason at the NASL's San Antonio Scorpions.
As the snow began to fall, those of us on the social media/digital team of course went outside to document things because snow + soccer is a social media dream. Little did we know, the snow would pick up to the point that practice had to be stopped early as Frisco turned into a late-winter wonderland. Here's the morning through snowcial media and some great pictures from our creative team.
Next Friday night, February 20th at Toyota Stadium we have a friendly against DC United in the penultimate preseason tuneup for FC Dallas before the season starts on March 7th.
Now for our regular season MLS games, there are regulations in place for just about everything you can think of from sponsors to game presentation to the way the field is mowed....but those don't count for preseason friendlies so we thought we'd have a fun vote to determine which field pattern we will have for the beautiful Toyota Stadium pitch next Friday night.
Below are the four options we can have for Friday night's game. Allen Reed and his groundscrew team need a few days to fully mow in the pattern, so get your vote in before Monday then come out to Toyota Stadium and come back next Friday to see which option won!
Tickets are still available for next Friday's friendly which is complementary for season ticket holders, $10 for general admission & $25 for reserved seating.
Option 1 - Bullseye
Option 2 - Traditional
Option 3 - Checkerboard
Option 4 - Plaid
Twitter is so great. Yesterday, #FiveWordsToRuinADate was trending throughout the day so we had some fun with it and asked our loyal #DTID followers to give us their best #FiveWordsToRuinADate FC Dallas style...here were some of the best responses:
It's Halloween night and we want to see your #DTID pride on October 31st!
Our #RedSunday playoff game vs Seattle Sounders FC is just a couple days away and you could win a field-side table for four for the huge match.
Simply send us a picture on Twitter or Instagram with #FCDHalloween whether it's a costume, pumpkin or anything else #DTID.
Every picture is an entry to win and we'll pick a winner randomly on Saturday afternoon!
2014 has been a record-setting year and the best home year in franchise history. But we're not done. The passion of the fans at Wednesday's knockout match vs Vancouver Whitecaps FC was simply incredible and we want to take the support to another level in Sunday's Western Conference Semifinal vs Seattle Sounders FC.
We're declaring it #RedSunday at Toyota Stadium and encouraging all fans to wear red to Sunday's match. No excuses, we need everyone in the stadium to be in their best FCD red to support the boys as we look to take down the #1 seed.
We beat them 3-1 just a month ago, and we're going to do it again. Toyota Stadium will be a sea of red on #RedSunday and we need everyone to do their part.
#RedSunday is coming. Let's do this.
This is it. The playoffs have returned to Toyota Stadium and tonight FC Dallas will host Vancouver Whitecaps FC in a winner-take-all wild card round matchup. Here are the 10 things to know before heading to Toyota Stadium tonight to scream your brains out:
1. Tonight's match, and our entire playoff run, is Driven by Toyota. They've partnered with Chase to provide everyone who enters Toyota Stadium with a free #RedForGlory rally scarf. Be sure to wave yours proudly at tonight's game!
2. Our honorary scarfer tonight is Dallas Stars center Rich Peverley! He's got a pretty amazing story, and we're super excited to have him. Join us at around 7:30 on the north concourse for the ceremony.
3. If we win tonight's match, we will host Seattle Sounders FC on Sunday night at 8:00PM in the first leg of the Western Conference semifinals. Stay tuned for a special ticket offer after tonight's game should we triumph.
4. Bring the kiddos out to tonight's match in their best halloween costumes. Toyota is sponsoring Trunk or Treat on the north concourse. Each of our Toyotas will have some candy in the trunk for the kids. We may even let adults have a piece or two if they ask nicely.
5. FC Dallas has earned the right to host a playoff home game & you've earned the right to cheer the team to victory in such a huge game. Be louuuuuud tonight.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. FCD & Vancouver have played three extremely hard-fought games this year with great goals, great saves and some controversy as well. Take a look back at the previous meetings.
8. The weather for tonight's match should be absolutely perfect. Forecasted temperature at kickoff is 70 degrees dropping down to 65 by the end of the match. It's gonna feel like fall.
9. If you can't make it to Toyota Stadium, tonight's match is live on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 323 with Mark Followill & Kevin Hartman as well as 100.7FM with Steve Davis & 1270AM with Carlos Alvarado & Rafa Calderon.
10. Don't have your tickets yet? Are you crazy?! Beat box office lines & get them here.
Here are the best pictures from Saturday's win over Colorado:
That Toyota Stadium field is pretty beautiful aint it? Well FC Dallas and lululemon athletica are giving you the opportunity to channel your inner Tex Hooper and enjoy a day of yoga on the Toyota Stadium pitch.
Things get kicked off on Saturday, October 18th from 11:00AM to 12:00PM and we'll have craft beer, DJ, food trucks, games & more!
The cost is just $10 and all proceeds benefit Kicks for Kids & Albertsons Gear Up Project!