MLS Regular Season
FC Dallas is finally back home after two weekends on the road for a crucial Western Conference matchup against the Colorado Rapids pres. by Raytheon on Saturday night at Toyota Stadium! Here are the 10 things you need to know before heading to the stadium Saturday night:
1. Saturday's match is presented by Raytheon and it's first responder night at Toyota Stadium! Raytheon will have t-shirts to give away by the fire truck on Lamar's Tailgate while supplies last. Stop by, get your t-shirt and take a picture and tag it with #RaytheonProtect&Serve.
2. In conjunction with Raytheon on first responder night, Chief Mark Piland of the Frisco Fire Department will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue so be sure to arrive early for that ceremony around 7:30 on Lamar's Tailgate.
3. Saturday's match is part of our #SODoubleHeader as directly after Saturday's MLS match, our FC Dallas Special Olympics team will play the Colorado Rapids Special Olympics team in their annual match. It's going to be an amazing event with presentation exactly the same as the first team match so all #DTID fans need to stay and cheer on our Special Olympics team.
4. You can win a pair of tickets to our Lamar Hunt US Open Cup Semifinal match vs Philadelphia on Tuesday plus an FC Dallas scarf at our #SODoubleHeader Special Olympics match. Click here to see how.
5. This match against Colorado is about as big as it gets for an August game in the standings for FC Dallas. FCD is currently three points above Colorado tied for fourth place in the Western Conference and FCD is ready for this six-pointer.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. Our new August Scarf of the Month will be on sale for the first time in the team store tomorrow so stop by and get yourself one before they sell out!
8. We could hit triple digits for the first time on an FCD gameday on Saturday, but we're #RedFor90 and ready for it. Will Colorado be ready?
9. Saturday's game is set for an 8:00PM kickoff and will be broadcast in HD locally on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 148 as well as 100.7FM(English) & 1270AM(Spanish).
10. We're looking at another really nice crowd for Saturday's match, but there are still tickets available by clicking here.
Hear from Pareja, Hedges & Tesho ahead of #FCDvCOL with FCDTV's Quick Kicks:
Here's your Keys to the Match pres. by Toyota for Saturday's big game:
We've got some huge games coming to Toyota Stadium over the next week and not the least of which is our big Special Olympics match coming directly after Saturday's MLS match between FC Dallas and Colorado Rapids.
It's the second year of FCD Special Olympics team play and our players have been training hard over the last three months for this match! They've all signed contracts as official FC Dallas players and will look to build on last year's 2-2 draw at Colorado. There are currently six MLS franchises with Special Olympics teams: Portland, Seattle, Real Salt Lake, LA, Colorado and FCD.
We need all our #DTID fans to stay after Saturday's MLS match to cheer on our Special Olympics team. The match will kickoff right around 10:00PM directly after the MLS game and will feature two 20-minute halves. Our game presentation will be exactly like any FC Dallas game with intros, fireworks, drumline and Hooper.
In addition, we're going to have a special social media contest. Tweet or Instagram a picture of you watching the FCDSO match using #SODoubleHeader and we will pick two winners at random to win two tickets to Tuesday's LHUSOC semifinal vs Philadelphia plus a new FC Dallas scarf.
These amazing people and athletes are a huge part of our club here at FC Dallas and we will support them on Saturday just like we will cheer on Blas Perez, Fabian Castillo and the rest of FC Dallas in Saturday's huge Western Conference match vs Colorado pres. by Raytheon!
For the second week in a row, an FC Dallas player has made MLS Team of the week. This week Zach Loyd made the team with his stellar defensive efforts at centerback helping keep the clean sheet for FCD. In addition, Fabian Castillo made the bench for his offensive prowess on Sunday night.
"D: Zach Loyd (FC Dallas) – The veteran right back helped his team blank Chivas USA on the road, limiting red-hot forward Erick Torres in the process. He's officially back in Oscar Pareja's good graces, and for good reason."
Check out the best photos from Sunday's match against Chivas USA!
Rookie forward Tesho Akindele scored his fourth goal of the season and goalkeeper Raul Fernandez made four saves to earn the shutout. Here are your full match highlights from FC Dallas' 1-0 win over Chivas USA!
Here are your keys to the match driven by Toyota for Sunday's match against Chivas USA
Welcome to the 6th edition of the FCDallas.com series "Getting Personal" . This week I caught up with French defensive midfielder Peter Luccin.
Peter was born in Marseille, France and began playing soccer at a young age in the AS Cannes' youth system. He first started his pro career with Bordeaux for a year and then played for Marseille for two years before playing for another French team, Paris Saint-Germain for another two years. He went on loan in 2002 to Celta which eventually became permanent. A few years later he transferred to another La Liga club, Atletico Madrid where he played for them for three years. He eventually signed with Zaragoza and stayed there for another three years before signing with FC Lusanne-Sport in the Swiss Super League. In 2012, Luccin signed with FC Dallas. Luccin played internationally for the French U-20 National team in 1997 and was the youngest member of the eventual quarter-finalists during the FIFA World Youth Championship.
- What’s your favorite soccer memory from your career?
Peter: In 1998, the final game of UEFA Cup(now Europa League) when I played with Marseille
- You’ve played on a large number of teams and different countries…what’s been your favorite experience so far?
Peter: My favorite experience is probably the same game, it was a big moment for Marseille.
- You played for France in the FIFA world youth championship when you were 18, what was that like?
Peter: It’s a very good and interesting thing to represent my country so it was amazing to play against the best players of the world so it was a good experience and good memory.
- What’s your favorite part about being here in America?
Peter: A lot of things, I love the people because the people here have a very good education and for me it’s very important for my kids that’s why I’m here too so it’s a good thing for my family.
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your kids? Do they enjoy soccer at all?
Peter: We learn English together, it’s a very important language and we like to learn the culture. My son plays for FC Dallas youth so all my family here is very happy.
- What type of music do you listen to before game to get pumped up?
Peter: Rap music, but I try now to have a selection because rap music has so many bad words but I like the beat but sometimes it’s too hard for me to listen
- Who's been your favorite teammate you've had?
Peter: Jair Benitez. He’s a very good guy, he has a good education but he is very important for the group because everytime he’s smiling and joking with everyone so he’s the best teammate I’ve had.
- You drive a big truck…tell me about that
Peter: I got this truck from Eric Hassli [fomer FCD player] and I needed a car. I love the truck but my wife is the one who loves the truck the most.
- What’s your favorite you’ve scored?
Peter: With Atletico Madrid in 2004 against Barcelona, it was a big shot from far out and it was a very important game for us and I scored this goal and we won the game
- Have you picked up a Texan habit yet?
Peter: Not really because we like to stay with our culture, but I haven’t picked up any habits...yet.
FCD goalkeeper Raul Fernandez has earned yet another nomination for Save of the Week this season for his sprawling save against Pedro Morales in the 88th minute in FCD's draw against Vancouver on Sunday. You voted it as your favorite save of Raul's in Vancouver and now it's time to vote Raul for MLS Save of the Week!
WATCH: SOTW Week 20
Raul Fernandez also found himself on Team of the Week for week 20!