MLS Regular Season
Fabian Castillo was absolutely unstoppable on Saturday night in San Jose notching two goals and an assist in the 5-0 rout of the Earthquakes. Castillo has a goal or an assist in his last 10 MLS/LHUSOC matches and has a career-high eight goal in MLS this season. Castillo's first goal in San Jose, an unbelievable mazy run that beat practically the entire 'Quakes back line, has been nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week. This is his third nomination this season.
WATCH: GOTW Week 23
Saturday's 5-0 win at San Jose was pretty epic. Not only did Tesho Akindele make his claim for MLS Rookie of the Year, but Fabian Castillo showed everyone that he's perhaps the hottest attacking player in the league right now. Here's some of the numbers behind FCD's historic win:
-Tesho scored the first rookie hat trick in franchise history and fifth MLS hat trick overall in franchise history [Jeff Cunningham, Bobby Rhine, Jason Kreis & Dante Washington].
-Saturday was the seventh rookie hat trick in MLS history [Brian Maisonneuve, Pat Noonan, Will Bruin, Zack Schilawski, Kekuta Manneh, Harrison Shipp].
-In the match, Tesho broke Aleksey Korol’s franchise rookie record of five goals in a season set back in 2000
-Tesho has scored six goals in his last six games, beating the FCD franchise rookie record for scoring in just his last six games.
-Tesho leads all MLS rookies in goals, one ahead of Harrison Shipp.
-Fabian Castillo has a goal or an assist in ten straight MLS & LHUSOC matches dating back to May 31st. FCD is 7-1-2 in that stretch of games.
-Fabian Castillo currently leads FC Dallas in MLS scoring with eight goals and all competitions with 12 goals.
-Fabian’s two goals on Saturday take him to eight for the season, a new single-season career high for him.
-In this 10-game stretch, Fabian has nine goals and six assists.
-Saturday's win over San Jose coupled with our 1-0 win at Chivas USA on August 3rd mark the first back-to-back road wins since 8/15/12 at Vancouver & 8/18/12 at RSL.
-With 1-0 and 5-0 wins in our last two road matches, FCD marks their first back-to-back road shutout wins in nearly ten years dating back to 5/28/05 at DC & 6/4/05 at RSL
-Saturday’s 5-0 win was the largest road win by margin of victory in FC Dallas franchise history.
-Saturday’s 5-0 win was San Jose’s worst loss by margin of victory in their 519-game franchise history.
-Saturday marked the 10th time FCD has scored at least five goals in franchise history.
-Saturday was the fourth time in franchise history FCD has won by at least a five-goal margin.
-Saturday was the fifth time in franchise history FCD has scored at least five goals on the road.
Five goals. All of them for the good guys. Here's your match highlights:
Scott and Daniel break down this weekend's Western Conference matchup against the San Jose Earthquakes.
Hear from head coach Oscar Pareja after FC Dallas was knocked out of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup by the Philadelphia Union in penalty kicks.
Here are the photos from FCD's Special Olympics match vs Colorado. All pictures by Olivia Brestal, Erik Davila & Craig Marcho:
Check out all the goals and saves from FCD's HUGE 3-1 win over the Colorado Rapids!
FC Dallas is finally back home after two weekends on the road for a crucial Western Conference matchup against the Colorado Rapids pres. by Raytheon on Saturday night at Toyota Stadium! Here are the 10 things you need to know before heading to the stadium Saturday night:
1. Saturday's match is presented by Raytheon and it's first responder night at Toyota Stadium! Raytheon will have t-shirts to give away by the fire truck on Lamar's Tailgate while supplies last. Stop by, get your t-shirt and take a picture and tag it with #RaytheonProtect&Serve.
2. In conjunction with Raytheon on first responder night, Chief Mark Piland of the Frisco Fire Department will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue so be sure to arrive early for that ceremony around 7:30 on Lamar's Tailgate.
3. Saturday's match is part of our #SODoubleHeader as directly after Saturday's MLS match, our FC Dallas Special Olympics team will play the Colorado Rapids Special Olympics team in their annual match. It's going to be an amazing event with presentation exactly the same as the first team match so all #DTID fans need to stay and cheer on our Special Olympics team.
4. You can win a pair of tickets to our Lamar Hunt US Open Cup Semifinal match vs Philadelphia on Tuesday plus an FC Dallas scarf at our #SODoubleHeader Special Olympics match. Click here to see how.
5. This match against Colorado is about as big as it gets for an August game in the standings for FC Dallas. FCD is currently three points above Colorado tied for fourth place in the Western Conference and FCD is ready for this six-pointer.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. Our new August Scarf of the Month will be on sale for the first time in the team store tomorrow so stop by and get yourself one before they sell out!
8. We could hit triple digits for the first time on an FCD gameday on Saturday, but we're #RedFor90 and ready for it. Will Colorado be ready?
9. Saturday's game is set for an 8:00PM kickoff and will be broadcast in HD locally on Time Warner Cable Sports Channel 148 as well as 100.7FM(English) & 1270AM(Spanish).
10. We're looking at another really nice crowd for Saturday's match, but there are still tickets available by clicking here.
Hear from Pareja, Hedges & Tesho ahead of #FCDvCOL with FCDTV's Quick Kicks:
Here's your Keys to the Match pres. by Toyota for Saturday's big game: