MLS Regular Season
Here's your match highlights from Saturday's huge 3-2 win over Colorado:
Hear from Oscar Pareja, Walker Zimmerman & Chris Seitz on Saturday's game vs Colorado:
FC Dallas plays the Colorado Rapids Saturday night at Toyota Stadium in their first meeting of the 2014 season. The two teams met three times last season with FCD winning the first, drawing in the second match, and losing the third. Here's a look back at the previous season series:
WATCH: FCD 1, COL 0
Game 1 - March 2nd, 2013 - FC Dallas 1, Colorado 0: In the 11th minute, backup goalkeeper Steward Ceus left his box which allowed Jackson an easy goal from a long ball that David Ferreira played. Jackson almost doubled FCD's lead in the 18th minute when he shot a ball from 30 yards out that looked as if it went in the goal but only found the side netting. Former FCD player Atiba Harris almost made the match even in the 58th minute for the Rapids but failed to send his shot from 25 yards out into the goal.
WATCH: FCD 2, COL 2
Game 2 - June 1, 2013 - FC Dallas 2, Colorado 2: The first 50 minutes were rather quiet for both teams until a ten minute span in the second half saw four goals. Marvell Wynne's throw in near the touchline headed straight for the center of the box which was then headed into the goal by Harris in the 56th minute. Five minutes later, FCD replied when Harris' attempted header to clear a Dallas cross from Michel, found Blas Perez who found the corner of the goal.
Colorado answered FCD's reply when Rapids Chris Klute sent a looping cross into the box which Harris then converted into a simple goald for his second goal of the game. The last goal of the game came soon after when an FCD cross into the box found Perez once again who finished with a shot from 20 yards out.
WATCH: FCD 1, COL 2
Game 3 - September 14, 2013 - Colorado 2, FC Dallas 1: The game was scoreless until halftime but not for a lack of chances. In the 51st minute, Jair Benitez sent a cross to Ferriera in the box who finished for a short range goal. A few minutes later two FCD defenders attempted to clear a Klute cross into the box but the ball came right to Sanchez on the left side of the penalty box which he then sent into the goal. Six minutes after their equalizing goal, Sanchez driblled around FCD defender George John and delivered a cross in front of the goal that defender Hedges accidentally tipped into his own goal.
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium on Saturday night for the final home match before we kick off the 2014 FIFA World Cup and we're getting ready for the world's biggest sporting event in style.
Gates open at a special 4:30PM time for Saturday's game as we'll be showing the USA's final World Cup sendoff match against Nigeria kicking off at 5:00PM on a portable jumbotron on the north concourse as well as offering $1 tacos(while supplies last) and $4 beer in the El Jimador Cantina until 6:30PM before transitioning straight from the USMNT into FCD's big match against Colorado at 7:30 on the Toyota Stadium pitch.
If you haven't got your ticket yet for Saturday's match, secure yours right here.
We'll see you out here Saturday night as we celebrate both club and country with FC Dallas taking on Colorado in the final home MLS match before July 4 and watch the USA take on Nigeria in the final tuneup before heading down to Brazil.
Matt Hedges has started every match and played every minute of the season for FC Dallas this year, but he hasn't made a save like the one he did on Saturday. After some magic from Earthquakes attacker Yannick Djalo, San Jose's Steven Lenhart headed a looping ball over Chris Seitz that looked destined for the back of the net, but Hedges was the man on the spot to clear away a certain goal.
Hedges' clearance is up for MLSsoccer.com Save of the Week so head over there and vote Hedges!
WATCH: SOTW Week 13
Here's your match highlights from FCD's 2-1 loss to San Jose:
FC Dallas is back home for the next two matches and it all starts on Saturday against the San Jose Earthquakes. Here's the 10 things you need to know before coming to Toyota Stadium:
1. Gates open super early at 4:30PM for this one as we'll be hosting the Dallas Soccer Heritage Tribute Match featuring former players from the Dallas Tornado, Dallas Sidekicks, Dallas Burn & FC Dallas. Admission is free (with a ticket to the FC Dallas vs. San Jose match) so come on out and watch some of the past stars of Dallas soccer!
2. Get to your seat by 7:15 as we'll be recognizing the Ivory Coast National Team in a special on-field ceremony with their players. Ivory Coast will play El Salvador at Toyota Stadium on Wednesday night!
3. If you do arrive early, stop by the MoneyGram Nations Cup taking place all day on fields 9-14. If you Tweet from the tournament, you can win an FCD jersey or an FCD prize pack with a Raul Fernandez signed mini-ball.
4. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
5. Saturday's match is a family affair for Adam Moffat. He's married to the sister of San Jose Earthquakes forward Steven Lenhart.
6. Saturday's Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony will be done by former 1967/1968 Dallas Tornado member John Stewart.
7. If you can't make Saturday's match, kickoff is set for 7:30PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. FCD battles San Jose for the second time in three weeks on Saturday night. They fell in a heartbraking 2-1 loss at Buck Shaw Stadium in a match where Dallas outshot San Jose by nearly 3-1 margin. Read all about the Earthquakes with our Know Your Enemy feature.
9. Weather is looking great for Saturday night with temperatures in the low 80's and only a very slight chance of a quick shower.
10. We've got just a few of our May Scarf of the Month left in the FCD Team Stores and they'll be $10 off at Saturday's game!
There you have it! If you haven't secured your tickets yet, beat the box office lines and get those right here and we'll see you on Saturday night!
FCD plays the San Jose Earthquakes this Saturday. Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match: