MLS Regular Season
Here are your Keys to the Match pres. by Toyota for Saturday's match against New England:
The World Cup might be over, but for FC Dallas and fans, the next 30 days are going to be action packed and filled with soccer. The next month sees FCD hit the field for six crucial games with four of those taking place right here at Toyota Stadium. To get you all set for the busy month of summer soccer, here's a rundown of what awaits FCD:
Saturday, July 19 vs New England pres. by Albertsons Market - 8:00PM Toyota Stadium
After ten days without a match, FCD returns to the Toyota Stadium field versus New England at home this Saturday on July 19th at 8:00pm pres. by Albertsons Market. The Revolution are in current playoff standings in fourth place in the Eastern Conference. FCD is currently in fourth in the Western Conference only one and two points behind third and second place, respectively, so a win and three points would be a huge boost in the standings for the team.
Wednesday, July 23 vs Aston Villa pres. by MoneyGram - 8:00PM Toyota Stadium
A few days after that, FCD is back at Toyota Stadium for their second-ever EPL friendly, this time against Brad Guzan and Aston Villa on July 23rd pres. by Moneygram. Not only is this game a great chance to see an EPL team up close, but it's a vital chance for some of our reserve players to make a name for themself in front of a big crowd and push for first-team minutes, since the game is strictly for bragging rights.
Sunday, July 27 at Vancouver Whitecaps - 4:00PM BC Place
To cap the three-match week, FCD takes on Vancouver away on the 27th at BC Place north of the border. The Whitecaps are just one point behind us in the standings currently and are in direct competition with FC Dallas for a Western Conference playoff spot, so this one is a biggie and the first of three matches FCD and Vancouver will play over the next three months. There will be an FC Dallas Party at the Pubs watch party for this game at Brickhouse Tavern + Tap where prizes and merchandise will be given away, so you'll want to make plans to join your #DTID faithful to watch this one on Sunday afternoon.
Sunday, August 3 at Chivas USA - 9:00PM StubHub Center
The two-game road swing wraps up for FCD to kick the month of August off, as FCD takes on Chivas USA in LA. Chivas has been playing well lately as they are currently on a four-game MLS win streak. They are only 3 points behind FCD in the rankings and with two games before ours and momentum on their side, they could easily climb the standings and give FCD a tough match. Last time the two teams met the match ended in a 1-1 draw.
Saturday, August 9 vs Colorado Rapids pres. by Raytheon - 8:00PM Toyota Stadium
On August 9th, Colorado travels to Toyota Stadium looking to get revenge from the last time these two teams met back in June when FCD took the win from them at home. Colorado stands in third place currently in the west, one place ahead of Dallas and this match will be the second of three meetings between the clubs in 2014. With FCD and Colorado just one point apart in the standings, this will be another huge Western Conference matchup.
Tuesday, August 12 vs Philadelphia Union - 8:00PM Toyota Stadium
FCD closes out the busy 30 days with arguably the biggest match as FC Dallas and Toyota Stadium will be hosting the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup semi-final game against the Philadelphia Union. FCD just recently played the Union winning 2-1 on July 4th and this will be FCD's first semifinal appearance since 2011. This match will be the latest round LHUSOC match at Toyota Stadium since hosting the final in 2007 and the winner will move on to play either Seattle Sounders FC or Chicago Fire in the Final.
Buckle up, it's about to get very busy around here!
Check out the best photos from Friday night's win against the Union on July 4th!
FC Dallas rookie Tesho Akindele wowed Friday's sellout crowd at Toyota Stadium with a beautiful volleyed goals in the 26th minute of FCD's 2-1 win over Philadelphia and his goal has been nominated for AT&T MLS Goal of the Week!
Akindele has scored twice in his last three competitive matches and said after Friday's match: "As a striker, you've got to believe in yourself."
WATCH: GOTW Week 17
Here are your match highlights from FC Dallas' 2-1 Fourth of July win over the Philadelphia Union:
Hear what FC Dallas head coach Oscar Pareja had to say after tonight's 2-1 win over Philadelphia:
FC Dallas is back at Toyota Stadium tonight and it's one of the biggest games of the season as we host our annual July 4th match, this time against Eastern Conference foe Philadelphia Union. Here are the ten things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium tonight:
1. Tonight's match is presented by TXU Energy and the first 5,000 fans inside Toyota Stadium will receive light up banger sticks courtesy of TXU Energy so arrive early!
2. Don't miss Walker Zimmerman signing autographs at 6:45 in the TXU tent on the north concourse.
3. The Lamar Hunt Statue ceremonial scarfer tonight will be Phil Taylor. The Frisco native founded The American Fallen Soldiers Project in 2007 and has painted 130 portraits that have been presented to the families of America's fallen military across the Uniteed States. This is the 6th year we've partnered with The American Fallen Soldiers Project.
4. Tonight's match is the first of four straight 8:00PM summer kickoff times at Toyota Stadium.
5. You're definitely not going to want to leave after the match tonight as the biggest post-game fireworks show in north Texas will fire off just minutes after the final whistle.
6. On the field, FCD faces a tough battle against a Philadelphia team that, like Dallas, is unbeaten in their last five competitive matches. Philly has scored nine goals in their last three MLS matches and here's your weekly Know Your Enemy piece.
7. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
8. Tonight's weather forecast is looking very good for a July night with a high of 92 and a low of 72. The temperature should be in the upper 80's by kickoff.
9. Kickoff is set for 8:00PM with the match broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 as well as in english on 100.7FM and spanish on 1270AM.
10. Tickets are nearly sold out for tonight's match with only scattered singles remaining, but we are offering $19 standing room only tickets that allow access to the Budweiser Beer Garden as well as some of the best views in the stadium at the top of sections.
FC Dallas is back at home for the first MLS game at Toyota Stadium in almost a month! Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match:
Here's all the action from Sunday's goalless draw with Columbus: