MLS Regular Season
Matt Hedges is having his best season yet in 2014, earning a new contract extension and drawing calls for USMNT inclusion. He had another fantastic game on Saturday against TFC turning into an offensive juggernaut with a goal and an assist in the 2-1 victory.
For his efforts, he's earned a spot in the MLSsoccer.com Team of the Week for Week 7. Hedges completed 42 of 48 passes on Saturday, had four interceptions and five recoveries according to the OPTA Chalkboard. Hedges has started 62 of the last 64 FCD games dating back to mid-2012 with eight goals scored in that time. He already has two goals scored in the first seven games of 2014 and needs just one more to tie his single-season high.
FC Dallas beat Toronto FC, 2-1, on Saturday night. Matt Hedges scored a header for FCD off a corner kick in the first half and assisted on Blas Perez's 88th minute game-winning goal. See the full match highlights below:
We discuss what FCD needs to do to get back on track against Toronto FC in this week's Toyota Keys to the Match:
Here's everyone's favorite FCDTV halftime segment, Name That Tune, from Saturday's game vs Seattle:
Here's The Final Word from FCDTV after Saturday's loss to Seattle Sounders FC:
FC Dallas lost a close 3-2 game to Seattle Sounders FC in front of over 17,000 at Toyota Stadium. Here's Oscar Pareja's post-game press conference:
After a week on the road, we're back at Toyota Stadium tonight for one of the matches of the season as first-place FC Dallas hosts Seattle Sounders FC fresh off their 4-4 draw in Portland that saw Texas-native Clint Dempsey score a hat trick. Tonight has the potential to be a special one in Frisco and here's the 10 things you need to know before heading to tonight's match:
1. It's Frisco ISD night at the stadium and Dr. Jeremy Lyon, Frisco ISD Superintendent, will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue. Frisco ISD and FC Dallas have as closely knit of a partnership as any MLS team and they have been instrumental in helping our aspiring Academy players train on a daily basis while still having a normal high school workload.
2. As always, you'll want to arrive early tonight as we're expecting another huge crowd tonight, likely the biggest of the season yet.
3. Tonight's game represents a matchup of the two highest scoring teams in Major League Soccer so far this season with FCD & Seattle combining for 22 goals in ten games. Despite the Sounders offensive prowess, Matt Hedges and Zach Loyd know a strong defensive performance will be key to victory.
4. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
5. Stop by the brand new El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace of Toyota Stadium tonight at halftime and after the game to hear live music from Chet Stevens.
6. Tonight's weather forecast is looking very good with mostly cloudy skies, temperatures in the mid-70s and relatively gusty winds.
7. Tonight's game is set for a 7:30PM kickoff and will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148, 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish)
8. This is only the start of a nine-day stretch of live soccer in north Texas with the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup kicking off on Sunday, Generation adidas Cup kicking off Monday and a reserve match against OKC Energy set for Tuesday night at Toyota Stadium.
9. FC Dallas has a league-leading five players who have scored at least two goals this season. Will it be Mauro Diaz, Je-Vaughn Watson or Fabian Castillo playing hero tonight? Or could someone else step up to score a game-winner?
10. Ticket options are very limited, especially on the east side and endline for tonight's match! If you want to avoid box office lines and possibly being told certain price points are sold out, get your tickets now!
We're nearing Saturday's big game at Toyota Stadium against Seattle Sounders FC and we break down what FCD needs to do to stay undefeated in this week's Toyota Keys to the Match:
There's just 63 days left until the 2014 FIFA World Cup and ESPN just won all our hearts with this USMNT commercial.