Hear from Oscar Pareja & Matt Hedges ahead of tonight's match against Philadelphia
FC Dallas is back at Toyota Stadium tonight and it's one of the biggest games of the season as we host our annual July 4th match, this time against Eastern Conference foe Philadelphia Union. Here are the ten things you need to know before heading to Toyota Stadium tonight:
1. Tonight's match is presented by TXU Energy and the first 5,000 fans inside Toyota Stadium will receive light up banger sticks courtesy of TXU Energy so arrive early!
2. Don't miss Walker Zimmerman signing autographs at 6:45 in the TXU tent on the north concourse.
3. The Lamar Hunt Statue ceremonial scarfer tonight will be Phil Taylor. The Frisco native founded The American Fallen Soldiers Project in 2007 and has painted 130 portraits that have been presented to the families of America's fallen military across the Uniteed States. This is the 6th year we've partnered with The American Fallen Soldiers Project.
4. Tonight's match is the first of four straight 8:00PM summer kickoff times at Toyota Stadium.
5. You're definitely not going to want to leave after the match tonight as the biggest post-game fireworks show in north Texas will fire off just minutes after the final whistle.
6. On the field, FCD faces a tough battle against a Philadelphia team that, like Dallas, is unbeaten in their last five competitive matches. Philly has scored nine goals in their last three MLS matches and here's your weekly Know Your Enemy piece.
7. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
8. Tonight's weather forecast is looking very good for a July night with a high of 92 and a low of 72. The temperature should be in the upper 80's by kickoff.
9. Kickoff is set for 8:00PM with the match broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 as well as in english on 100.7FM and spanish on 1270AM.
10. Tickets are nearly sold out for tonight's match with only scattered singles remaining, but we are offering $19 standing room only tickets that allow access to the Budweiser Beer Garden as well as some of the best views in the stadium at the top of sections.
Check out the photos from our World Cup Tour stop at AT&T Plaza for the USA vs. Belgium game!
FC Dallas is back at home for the first MLS game at Toyota Stadium in almost a month! Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match:
The USMNT survived the World Cup's Group of Death.
They've got a do-or-die match against Belgium this afternoon in the final game of the Round of 16. They played an absolutely thrilling match against Belgium in the Round of 16 that saw goalkeeper and American Hero Tim Howard play out of his ever-loving mind and make a World Cup-record 16 saves in one match. And to top it all off, the Fourth of July is this Friday.
What better time than now to release our patriotic-as-hell July Scarf of the Month?
The scarf features a stars and stripes pattern on one side, with "ONE NATION" emblazoned on the reverse side between two FC Dallas shields.
I would write more, but let's be honest, this baby's gonna sell itself and I've got some games to watch.
Here's all the action from Sunday's goalless draw with Columbus:
UPDATE (11:45 p.m.): Major League Soccer has confirmed that the previously postponed MLS match between the Columbus Crew and FC Dallas is now rescheduled for Sunday, June 29 at 1:00 p.m. CT at Columbus Crew Stadium.
Saturday night's match between the Columbus Crew and FC Dallas has been postponed due to extenuating circumstances. The match was scheduled to kick off at 7 p.m. CT on Saturday, June 28, but was delayed for more than an hour due to severe weather in the vicinity of Crew Stadium. The postponement was announced at 8:12 p.m. CT.
From the Columbus Crew's official statement:
Prior to the Major League Soccer match between the Columbus Crew and FC Dallas on Saturday, June 28, first responders were called to Crew Stadium to address an incident surrounding the inclement weather that delayed tonight’s contest. Due to these extenuating circumstances, the match was postponed. During tonight’s thunderstorm that caused the severe weather delay, an individual was injured during the inclement weather and was transported to The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. No other information surrounding the incident is known at this time.
Details of the rescheduled match will be announced as soon as they are made available.
Under-18s defeat Chicago Fire 1-0 in do-or-die USSDA Playoff, advance to quarterfinals
FC Dallas was 2-0-0 heading into Thursday's final USSDA Playoff Week match against the Chicago Fire, and needed a win to advance to the national quarterfinals.
That's exactly what they got with Tony Aguilar scoring his second goal of playoff week in the 40th minute sending Dallas to a 1-0 win over the Fire.
The FCD backline of Cesar Murillo, Jordan Cano, Shaquell Moore and Kris Reaves held their second straight shutout of the week and U-16 goalkeeper Charlie Furrer, playing up with the U-18s for the first time, led Dallas to a 3-0-0 record in playoffs week.
With passage secured, Luchi Gonzalez's side will host Colorado Rush in Frisco on Monday, July 7th in the national quarterfinals. Stay tuned for info on when and where the match will take place.
Under-16s complete USSDA Playoffs undefeated, but fail to advance
The FC Dallas U-16s also enjoyed a strong USSDA Playoffs week going undefeated with a 1-0-2 record.
Heading into Thursday's playoff finale, FCD needed a win over Orlando City and either a draw or loss by San Jose to advance. Dallas was only able to manage a 1-1 draw with Orlando City, meaning a trip to the quarterfinals is not on the schedule for the U16s this year, but a strong squad showed they will be a team to be reckoned with over the next couple seasons as many of the players move up to the U-18 level.
In all, FC Dallas went 4-0-2 at USSDA Playoffs week, finishing undefeated.
Scott and Daniel break down FC Dallas' weekend match with the Columbus Crew.