Matt Hedges has started every match and played every minute of the season for FC Dallas this year, but he hasn't made a save like the one he did on Saturday. After some magic from Earthquakes attacker Yannick Djalo, San Jose's Steven Lenhart headed a looping ball over Chris Seitz that looked destined for the back of the net, but Hedges was the man on the spot to clear away a certain goal.
Hedges' clearance is up for MLSsoccer.com Save of the Week so head over there and vote Hedges!
WATCH: SOTW Week 13
The calendar has turned and that means it's time to release the next edition in our Scarf of the Month line. With the 2014 FIFA World Cup kicking off this month, naturally June's scarf has a World Cup theme.
The limited-edition scarf shows your support for club and country all at the same time. One side displays "USA" and "FC Dallas" in red, white and blue - the colors of the USMNT and FCD - while the reverse side reads, "One Heart, Two Teams" in yellow, green and blue - the colors of World Cup host nation, Brazil.
This is sure to be one of our fastest-selling scarves of the year, so order yours today before they sell out!
In preparation for their August 9th game against the Colorado Rapids, our FC Dallas Special Olympics Texas team came up to Toyota Stadium for an afternoon of fun and practice on Thursday, May 28.
The day started out with a media day round of pictures and video capture exactly like what our professional players go through before the season starts. Each of the players took headshots and filmed intros that will be used before their game on August 9. After that, each member of the team joined FC Dallas President Dan Hunt to sign official contracts naming them as official FC Dallas players.
The players then headed out to the field to begin their training session led by Oscar Pareja, Stephen Keel, Nick Walker and David Texeira. The training session quickly became a heated game as both sides played to a draw that ended with a penalty kick shootout!
Join us on August 9th as our Special Olympics team plays the Colorado Rapids directly following the match between the FCD and Rapids MLS teams!
Here's your match highlights from FCD's 2-1 loss to San Jose:
FC Dallas is back home for the next two matches and it all starts on Saturday against the San Jose Earthquakes. Here's the 10 things you need to know before coming to Toyota Stadium:
1. Gates open super early at 4:30PM for this one as we'll be hosting the Dallas Soccer Heritage Tribute Match featuring former players from the Dallas Tornado, Dallas Sidekicks, Dallas Burn & FC Dallas. Admission is free (with a ticket to the FC Dallas vs. San Jose match) so come on out and watch some of the past stars of Dallas soccer!
2. Get to your seat by 7:15 as we'll be recognizing the Ivory Coast National Team in a special on-field ceremony with their players. Ivory Coast will play El Salvador at Toyota Stadium on Wednesday night!
3. If you do arrive early, stop by the MoneyGram Nations Cup taking place all day on fields 9-14. If you Tweet from the tournament, you can win an FCD jersey or an FCD prize pack with a Raul Fernandez signed mini-ball.
4. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
5. Saturday's match is a family affair for Adam Moffat. He's married to the sister of San Jose Earthquakes forward Steven Lenhart.
6. Saturday's Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony will be done by former 1967/1968 Dallas Tornado member John Stewart.
7. If you can't make Saturday's match, kickoff is set for 7:30PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. FCD battles San Jose for the second time in three weeks on Saturday night. They fell in a heartbraking 2-1 loss at Buck Shaw Stadium in a match where Dallas outshot San Jose by nearly 3-1 margin. Read all about the Earthquakes with our Know Your Enemy feature.
9. Weather is looking great for Saturday night with temperatures in the low 80's and only a very slight chance of a quick shower.
10. We've got just a few of our May Scarf of the Month left in the FCD Team Stores and they'll be $10 off at Saturday's game!
There you have it! If you haven't secured your tickets yet, beat the box office lines and get those right here and we'll see you on Saturday night!
The FC Dallas U12 Team is hosting a pasta tasting dinner fundraiser to help lessen the costs for the young and talented players to travel to Spain for a tournament. They will be competing against some of the best teams in the world in their age group including Real Madrid and FC Porto. Part of the proceeds will be donated to the Maggiano's Northpark MAW Fund to help their MAW sponsored children achieve their dream.
The open bar and silent auction bidding beings at approximately 6:15pm and dinner will be served at 7pm. Among some of the auction items include Dirk Nowitzki autographed shoes, an FC Dallas Blas Perez signed jersey and many others cool items.
The fundraiser will take place at Maggiano's Northpark Banquet Room - 205 N. Park Center, Dallas, TX, 75225 on Monday June 2nd. The cost is $30.00 for the dinner and is limited to the first 50 people so make sure to RSVP to email@example.com
MoneyGram #NationsCup14 is at Toyota Soccer Center this weekend and you don't want to miss this World Cup-style tournament!
MoneyGram is giving you the chance to win an FC Dallas jersey simply for tweeting from the tournament and we at FC Dallas digital want to sweeten the deal a little bit.
For anyone going to Saturday's #FCDvSJ game, stop by the #NationsCup14 taking place on Fields 9 through 14 and Tweet a picture from the tournament using both #NationsCup AND #DTID.
We will pick a winner before Saturday's game, contact you on Twitter and bring you an FCD prize pack straight to your seat at Toyota Stadium featuring a Raul Fernandez-signed mini-ball, an FCD T-shirt and a couple other pieces of FCD swag.
FCD plays the San Jose Earthquakes this Saturday. Here's your Toyota Keys to the Match: