Going to an FC Dallas game is one of the most unique entertainment experiences in the DFW metroplex. Every game is a uniquely fun experience and sometimes you are rewarded with stoppage time game-winners like we saw on Saturday night, just the seventh in Toyota Stadium's 10-year history.
Relive Saturday's match from start to finish through the lenses of Olivia Brestal & Erik Davila. Also, be sure to bookmark FCDPitchside.com, the new home of FC Dallas photography, design and other good stuff.
FC Dallas opened the 2015 season in dramatic fashion with a 92nd minute game winner from Blas Perez! Here are all the highlights from the first three points of the season:
We're finally here! It's time to raise the curtain on the 2015 Major League Soccer and FC Dallas opens the campaign on Saturday night at Toyota Stadium against the San Jose Earthquakes at 7:30PM. Here are the 10 things you need to know before we pack the Toyota Stadium stands:
1. Saturday's match is presented by AdvoCare and they're giving the first 7,500 fans through the gates an FCD rally mini-scarf! It's the first of four this season and you can read about the whole collection here.
2. We've got a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony on Saturday night as MLS Commissioner Don Garber will have the honors. Come to Lamar's Tailgate on the north concourse right around 6:55 for that one.
3. After what feels like two weeks of ice and snow, mother nature has smiled on FC Dallas, bringing temperatures predicted to be near 60 degrees on Saturday afternoon with temps right around 50 at kickoff. Bring a jacket and your tailgating gear as the Toyota Stadium parking lots will be hopping well before kickoff.
4. Saturday's match is the first one on TXA 21 as part of our brand new TV deal. Also new in 2015 is an extended post-game show on our radio broadcast on 100.7FM The Word with Steve Davis. Be sure to turn on 100.7FM as you're leaving Toyota Stadium as Steve and Peter Welpton, co-host of 1310AM The Ticket's "The Kickaround," will break down the action after the 90 minutes are up while on the Spanish side, long-time host Carlos Alvarado and Rafa Calderon are back on 1270AM. Additionally, outside the DFW metroplex, our game will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports Texas Channel 323 so we've got you covered from all angles!
5. Be sure to stop by the FC Dallas Team Store at Saturday's game for all your FCD gear needs including the brand new 2015 secondary jersey as well as our game-exclusive match poster which is VERY limited edition.
6. If you think Tesho Akindele is headed for a sophomore slump, think again.
7. As with any new year, there are a ton of new things around Toyota Stadium, be sure to check out all our new things around Toyota Stadium including a brand new merch store in the northwest corner, the new LHK DJ Booth next to the Lamar Hunt Statue, an updated Chase Seat Store, brand new LED field boards around the pitch and our pre-game show at the MoneyGram desk.
8. Saturday's matchup features two teams that were headed in different directions at the end of 2014 and San Jose added a new coach because of it. We break it down in our Keys to the Match driven by Toyota.
9. Saturday is your FINAL chance to get your season ticket package including the July 7th US Men's National Team CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader. Don't miss out, secure your season seats here!
10. Limited tickets are still available for Saturday's match and you can avoid the box office lines by securing your seats here. See you Saturday night!
Show up early tomorrow to get your hands on a very limited edition match poster exclusive to Saturday's match only available in the Toyota Stadium Team Store!
Pretty isn't it...
The season is back! FCD kicks things off on Saturday night against San Jose and we've got you covered with FCDTV's Keys to the Match driven by Toyota
One of the coolest parts of last fall's double dose of MLS playoff games at Toyota Stadium was seeing the fans standing and waiving the "Red For Glory" mini-scarves handed out to nearly everyone in attendance.
They were so popular, that we're bringing them back in 2015 with a special twist.
At four games this season, the first 7,500 fans into Toyota Stadium will be receiving collectible mini-scarves with Saturday's home opener the first chance to get your hands on the first of the four-scarf set.
As you can see, the scarf we're handing out on Saturday, which is presented by AdvoCare, has our "Red for 90" tagline on there but if you look closer you can see a "D"...this is where having all four is awesome. When you have all four of the scarves, it will spell out DTID and we don't think we need to tell you what that means.
Remember, the scarves are only being handed out to the first 7,500 fans on Saturday so GET THERE EARLY! MLS Commissioner Don Garber will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue at 7:00PM so there's really no excuse to not get in your seats early on Saturday night and get the first of four mini-scarves!
If you don't have your tickets yet, click here to order yours!
2015 Collectible Mini-Scarf Schedule:
- 3/7 vs San Jose pres. by AdvoCare
- 3/28 vs Seattle pres. by Toyota
- 7/25 vs Portland Timbers FC pres. by Chase
- 8/15 vs LA Galaxy pres. by Toyota
Today is Digital Day across FC Dallas platforms as we get prepped for Saturday's season opener against San Jose. Come back here at 2:00PM(or maybe a couple minutes earlier) to join in our annual online chat with FC Dallas Head Coach Oscar Pareja! Everyone who asks a question in today's chat with Papi will be entered to win an FC Dallas team-signed scarf so be sure to stick around because we will pick a winner at the end!
FCD Week 2015 is kicked in to full gear as we can count the number of days to Saturday on just one hand!
For the second-straight year, Digital Day will take place on Tuesday of FCD Week, with player & technical staff chats throughout the day across FC Dallas digital properties as well as giveaways for you wonderful fans of ours.
Here's the full schedule:
ALL DAY - Giveaways on social media
11:30AM – FCD President Dan Hunt live Facebook chat(LEAVE YOUR ?'s HERE)
- Anyone who asks a question in the chat is entered to win an FC Dallas team-signed ball
1:00PM – Chris Seitz Reddit AMA(LINK COMING AT 12:45PM)
- Anyone who asks a question in the chat is entered to win a Seitz-signed and framed photo
1:30PM - Matt Hedges Twitter Takeover(FOLLOW US @FCDALLAS)
- Anyone who asks a question in the chat is entered to win a Hedges-signed and framed photo
2:00PM – Oscar Pareja FCDallas.com live chat(LEAVE YOUR ?'s HERE)
- Anyone who asks a question in the chat is entered to win an FC Dallas team-signed scarf
4:00PM – Fernando Clavijo live streaming YouTube Q&A(TWEET YOUR ?'s USING #ASKFERNANDO)
- Anyone who asks a question in the chat is entered to win an FC Dallas team-signed jersey
Both Major League Soccer and FC Dallas are no longer teenagers as we enter the 20th season and our Scarf of the Month in March pays homage to that exciting fact.
This adidas-produced scarf shows both where we've been and where we're going.
On one side is the FC Dallas name and logo which we have proudly called our own for the last ten years as well as the brand new MLS crest and our exclusive 20-year patch celebrating two decades of MLS in Dallas.
On the other side is a nod to the past with the Dallas Burn name and logo as well as the former MLS logo. In nine years as the Dallas Burn, we launched MLS in North Texas, winning the 1997 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup as well as making the playoffs in seven out of nine seasons with a squad led by our current head coach Oscar Pareja as well as club legend Bobby Rhine.
Show your pride for the last two decades of MLS soccer in DFW with our March Scarf of the Month.