FC Dallas is back home for the next two matches and it all starts on Saturday against the San Jose Earthquakes. Here's the 10 things you need to know before coming to Toyota Stadium:
1. Gates open super early at 4:30PM for this one as we'll be hosting the Dallas Soccer Heritage Tribute Match featuring former players from the Dallas Tornado, Dallas Sidekicks, Dallas Burn & FC Dallas. Admission is free (with a ticket to the FC Dallas vs. San Jose match) so come on out and watch some of the past stars of Dallas soccer!
2. Get to your seat by 7:15 as we'll be recognizing the Ivory Coast National Team in a special on-field ceremony with their players. Ivory Coast will play El Salvador at Toyota Stadium on Wednesday night!
3. If you do arrive early, stop by the MoneyGram Nations Cup taking place all day on fields 9-14. If you Tweet from the tournament, you can win an FCD jersey or an FCD prize pack with a Raul Fernandez signed mini-ball.
4. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
5. Saturday's match is a family affair for Adam Moffat. He's married to the sister of San Jose Earthquakes forward Steven Lenhart.
6. Saturday's Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony will be done by former 1967/1968 Dallas Tornado member John Stewart.
7. If you can't make Saturday's match, kickoff is set for 7:30PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. FCD battles San Jose for the second time in three weeks on Saturday night. They fell in a heartbraking 2-1 loss at Buck Shaw Stadium in a match where Dallas outshot San Jose by nearly 3-1 margin. Read all about the Earthquakes with our Know Your Enemy feature.
9. Weather is looking great for Saturday night with temperatures in the low 80's and only a very slight chance of a quick shower.
10. We've got just a few of our May Scarf of the Month left in the FCD Team Stores and they'll be $10 off at Saturday's game!
There you have it! If you haven't secured your tickets yet, beat the box office lines and get those right here and we'll see you on Saturday night!
We're still a few weeks away from the big tournament in Brazil, but a mini-World Cup comes to Toyota Soccer Center this weekend with the third-annual MoneyGram Nations Cup.
The MoneyGram Nations Cup was organized in 2012 to promote outreach and unity in the local DFW community through the game of soccer and in 2014 we will celebrate the third year of the tournament. 16 teams have been drawn into four groups in a World Cup-style tournament that will determine the 2014 MoneyGram Nations Cup champion.
All group stage games will take place on Saturday, May 31st throughout the day leading up to the FC Dallas vs. San Jose game, and the knockout round semi-finals and finals will be on Sunday, June 1.
Admission is free to all games and we encourage all FC Dallas fans to come out early on Saturday afternoon to take in a little bit of the soccer carnival atmosphere! There will be plenty of fun for the kids with face painting, balloon artist and a soccer-shaped bounce house as well as pizza from Cici's sno-cones and other treats!
On Field 10, the Ultimate Soccer Experience will be set up with different interactive stations including soccer bowling, soccer basketball and a 1-on-1 competition while an EA Sports FIFA 14 station offers the chance to win bragging rights over your friends.
In addition, everyone who attends the MoneyGram Nations Cup will have the opportunity to win a brand new 2014 FC Dallas jersey by Tweeting your most creative photo from the 2014 Nations Cup using #NationsCup14 and here at FCDallas.com we have a special contest where you can win an FCD prize pack featuring a Raul Fernandez signed ball!
You've seen bubble soccer and now a new soccer-related sports mashup is hitting golf courses around the area called Footgolf! It's a combination of soccer and golf and it's something you're definitely going to want to try out.
Lake Park Golf Course in Lewisville is the first footgolf course in DFW and they've partnered with us to create a fun weekend at the end of May. Come out and play a round of footgolf on Friday May 30 and then get a ticket to the FC Dallas game the following night vs San Jose or next weekend's game against Colorado all for just $22!
Here's everyone's favorite, Name That Tune from our last home game against New York:
FC Dallas was incredibly proud to be named the 2013 Editors' Choice Best DFW Sports Team by D Magazine and now we need your help to take home a trio of awards in 2014!
Raul Fernandez made his first start of 2014 just this past weekend and he's been nominated for Best DFW Athlete. Toyota Stadium is set to have the highest FC Dallas average attendance in stadium history in 2014 and our home has been nominated for Best DFW Sports Venue. Third and finally, FC Dallas is nominated for Best DFW Sports Team.
You're allowed to vote once a day and voting runs from today through Sunday, May 11.
FC Dallas returns to Toyota Stadium after a weekend away on Sunday as they'll host the New York Red Bulls in a rare visit from the Gotham City club. Here's 10 things to know about Sunday's game:
1. You definitely don't want to miss our Cinco de Mayo celebration in the El Jimador Cantina in the northwest corner of Toyota Stadium tomorrow. Gates are opening 30 minutes early at 12:00PM and the party runs all the way until kickoff at 2:00PM with $1 tacos and $4 beer/mixed drinks.
2. The autograph schedule for tomorrow's party: Peter Luccin & George John from 12:30 - 1:00, Zach Loyd & Michel from 1:00 - 1:30.
3. As always, you don't want to miss our Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony and Sunday's one will be special as SMU head basketball coach and basketball hall of famer Larry Brown will have the honors on Sunday. The ceremony typically takes place a little more than 30 minutes before kickoff.
4. The New York Red Bulls bring a hot team to Toyota Stadium on Sunday and right now they're being led by a player other than one of their DP's. Read all about it.
5. Speaking of hot, it's going to be a toasty one on Sunday as summer rears its head for the first time this year. Bring some sunscreen and your sunglasses, but remember that umbrellas are not allowed inside Toyota Stadium.
6. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
7. If you can't make Sunday's match, kickoff is set for 2:06PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 and in Spanish nationally on UniMas. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish).
8. You can get caught up on everything #FCDvNY with our official MLSsoccer.com match preview.
10. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, beat the box office lines on matchday and secure yours here!
May has begun, and that means it's time for a brand new Scarf of the Month! May's limited-edition scarf features an argyle pattern with clean white ends and red fringe. One side displays a white FC Dallas wordmark, with an all-white FCD shield on the other side.
The March Scarf of the Month sold out in a matter of days, and the initial order of April's scarf sold out in less than 24 hours, prompting a second, special-edition order that sold out just as quickly. So don't waste any time ordering this month's edition. After all, you want to have the complete Scarf of the Month collection at the end of the year, don't you?
FCD goalkeeper Chris Seitz has earned his third save of the week nomination in the last four weeks for his sprawling one-handed save on Davy Arnaud in the first half of FCD's 4-1 loss to DC United on Saturday night. Seitz has won the award two out of the last three weeks and let's get him another SOTW award!
WATCH: SOTW Week 8
Sunday's game against New York Red Bulls is tracking to be another huge crowd at Toyota Stadium and we want to invite everyone to come out early for our Cinco de Mayo party in the El Jimador Cantina.
We're opening gates 30 minutes earlier than normal at noon and welcoming everyone to come grab lunch in the northwest terrace at Toyota Stadium where we'll be offering $1 tacos, $4 beers and $4 special mixed drinks to get everyone ready for our huge match against Thierry Henry, Tim Cahill and the Red Bulls.
One of the most popular new additions to Toyota Stadium in 2014, The LHK, will be DJ'ing while FCD players will hold autograph signings as well. Autograph schedule:
12:30 - 1:00: George John & Peter Luccin
1:00 - 1:30: Zach Loyd & Michel
Additionally, we have a very special Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer this week as SMU basketball Head Coach and Basketball Hall of Famer Larry Brown will have the honors this Sunday.
We'll see everyone early on Sunday at Toyota Stadium as we celebrate Cinco de Mayo in the El Jimador Cantina before FC Dallas takes on the New York Red Bulls in their only visit to Frisco this year.
The second annual FC Dallas Academy Day returns to Toyota Stadium on Saturday, May 3 as our first-place US Soccer Development Academy teams take on local side Dallas Texans.
Come watch the future of FC Dallas play on the stadium field in our annual celebration of the FC Dallas Academy with a tripleheader of matches.
Festivities kick off with the U-14s playing at 10:00AM, U-18s at 12:30PM and U-16s at 3:00PM. In addition, the FC Dallas first team will be practicing at the Toyota Soccer Center in the morning(time TBA) so you’ll have the opportunity to watch the pros train before Sunday’s big game against New York, then come watch the Academy in a crucial tripleheader of matches.
We will have street tacos on sale all afternoon while Tex Hooper and FC Drum powered by TXU Energy will be at Toyota Stadium from 11:30 – 1:30. The FC Dallas Team Store will also be open from 10:00AM to 2:00PM with all your FCD gear including our brand new LH Lifestyle line.
Did we mention admission and parking are both completely free?
We’ll see you out at Toyota Stadium on Saturday, May 3 for our second annual FC Dallas Academy Day!