It's just about time for home game #3 at Toyota Stadium this season and so far we've seen two thrilling wins netting FCD six points and six goals. Saturday's game against Portland should be another thriller and here's the ten things you need to know before heading out to Toyota Stadium:
1. For all those Toyota drivers out there, show us how you go to tomorrow's game and you could win VIP suite tix and a free weekend rental of a Toyota!
2. We've extended our very popular college night promotion to tomorrow night! That means all college students with valid ID can score an endline ticket for just $10 at the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow night while supplies last.
3. As always, arrive early to Toyota Stadium as this week's honorary Lamar Hunt Statue scarfer will be none other than team captain Andrew Jacobson! AJ will be scarfing the statue just before 7:00PM so get there early and cheer on our team captain.
4. In addition, AJ will be signing autographs tomorrow AFTER the game in the El Jimador Cantina located in the northwest terrace of the stadium. You're going to want to check out this new Toyota Stadium spot before and after every game!
5. Another reason to get there early, the first 5,000 fans will receive a free clapper courtesy of Saturday's presenting match partner, Toyota.
6. On the field, FCD faces a tough battle against Portland. The Timbers have struggled early in the season without a win in their first three games, but their midfield trio should give Dallas a very tough test on Saturday. Drew Epperley scouts Portland in his weekly "Know Your Enemy" piece.
7. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tomorrow night. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
8. We've earned some nice weather after a couple cold games to start the season and we'll get it tomorrow night! The forecast calls for sunny and 75 degrees which means we could get a huge walkup crowd - yet another reason to arrive early to avoid the lines!
9. Kickoff is set for 7:30PM with the match broadcast on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148 as well as in english on 100.7FM and spanish on 1270AM.
10. FCD is in first place and undefeated with the highest-scoring offense in the league through three games. You don't want to miss tomorrow night's game. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet, click here to secure yours!
Saturday night's home game against Portland is presented by Toyota and they want to see how FC Dallas fans go places to Toyota Stadium for the FCD game in their Toyota.
Here's how you can win:
-Get yourself, your friends or your family together on Saturday and post a creative, fun picture of yourself or your crew going to Saturday's FC Dallas vs. Portland Timbers game in a Toyota and post it on either Twitter or Instagram using both hashtags, #LetsGoPlaces #FCDallas.
-We'll pick our favorite on Monday and they'll receive 4 tickets to be a VIP guest in the Toyota suite for our Saturday, April 12 game against Seattle Sounders FC. Also, you'll get a special FREE weekend rental of a Toyota vehicle of your choice!
So before you go to the game in your Toyota on Saturday, take a fun picture and post it to either Twitter or Instagram using hashtags #LetsGoPlaces & #FCDallas! We'll pick our favorite and you could be sitting in the Toyota suite for our next match vs Clint Dempsey and Seattle Sounders FC!
EDIT: Our $10 link has expired but we've seen such great success that we're opening it up at the gates! Show up to the Toyota Stadium box office tomorrow with your student ID and you can score a $10 endline ticket while supplies last!
Attention college students! Saturday night at Toyota Stadium is college night and we're offering a great discount for you to watch first-place FC Dallas take on the Portland Timbers.
College students can score $10 endline tickets for Saturday night's game as first-place and undefeated FC Dallas battles Western Conference rival Portland Timbers in what should be another heart-stopping game at Toyota Stadium.
Students with a valid ID can purchase $10 endline tickets while supplies last by showing your student ID at the north box office.
All tickets previously purchased through the link will be at north box office will call and can be picked up with a valid student ID!
It's just about time for our first Budweiser Party at the Pubs Watch Party of 2014! Join us this Saturday at Varsity Club Frisco a few miles west of the stadium on Main Street in Frisco as FC Dallas battles defending champions Sporting KC at 7:30PM.
Like last year, if you attend all eight of our Party at the Pubs in 2014, you'll be entered to win two 2015 Budweiser Beer Garden tickets and as with every watching party, we'll have lots of great FCD gear to give away.
Bring your friends, RSVP on Facebook and come out to the first watching party of 2014 on Saturday night in Frisco at Varsity Club!
While putting together the first social media recap of season this afternoon, I ran across some simply awesome Instagram videos providing unique views of FCD goals, particularly Mauro's scorcher. I didn't want them to get lost in the many Tweets/Instagrams, so here they are. As always, tag your Instagrams & Tweets with #DTID to possibly get them included in our weekly social media recap!
The countdown is at 0 days! We've finally reached the big season opener at Toyota Stadium vs. Montreal Impact pres. by AdvoCare! Since there are just so many things going on in and around Toyota Stadium, we thought we'd compile a list of ten things you need to know both about tonight's game and the goings on around the stadium.
1. Get there early for our Lamar Hunt scarfing ceremony! Former FC Dallas goalkeeper and new member of the Time Warner Cable Sports broadcast team, Kevin Hartman, will be our honorary scarfer tonight and the ceremony is set for 7:00PM sharp so get there early for the best spot!
2. We've got your pre-game meal covered! Grab a friend and stop by brand new MLS partner Chipotle who are offering BOGO at all DFW locations today only for anyone wearing FC Dallas gear!
3. If you don't feel like driving to the game tonight, we've got two different options for you! Take the FCD Express from one of four spots around Dallas County and you can grab a ticket + ride for $25 or a round trip ride for only $10. Also, Uber has partnered with FCD for this game to offer a FREE $30 credit for all first-time customers.
4. If you do drive to the game and you're lucky enough to have a Toyota, our stadium partners Toyota are offering FREE upgraded parking for all Toyota drivers in the Camry Gold lot, adjacent to the Dr. Pink field directly NW of the stadium. Parking, as always, is free for all attendees in our other lots around Toyota Stadium!
5. On the field, FC Dallas will be looking to win on opening night for the third straight year. Star forward Blas Perez is back for his third season with the club and is targeting big things in 2014 with no major international duty scheduled.
6. For our opponents, Montreal, some undisciplined actions in their 2013 playoff loss to Houston will result in some missing pieces for tonight's match. Star forward Marco Di Vaio, scorer of 20 goals last season, will be out on suspension and we discussed what that means in our Toyota Keys to the Match.
7. This season, our popular drumline, FC Drum, returns and they're doubled in size! Along with FC Drum, we're introducing a new group of DJs to Lamar's Tailgate in 2014, The LHK, as heard on 106.1 KISS FM. The LHK & FC Drum have worked together on a DJ/Drum mashup right after the scarfing ceremony on the north concourse that you're not going to want to miss!
8. Our brand new 2014 home jersey presented by AdvoCare will be on display in our newly-renovated team store in the northeast corner of the stadium and new to Toyota Stadium in 2014 is a completely new, second team store on the south end of the stadium. It's going to be a little bit chilly tonight so be sure to buy our 2014 March Scarf of the Month. Supplies are VERY limited!
9. Speaking of weather, our friends over at CBS 11 tell us that while it might be a little bit chilly, any rain in the forecast will be gone well before game time! You wouldn't miss out on the home opener because it's a little cold would you? That would be a very Houston thing to do.
10. We are Red for 90. We'll see you tonight! There are a few tickets left if you still need some.
Last night at the city council meeting at Frisco City Hall, Mayor Maher Maso welcomed VP of Ticket Sales Kris Katseanas and FCD defender Walker Zimmerman to the proceedings as he officially declared every Friday before FC Dallas weekend home games as Red Friday Frisco.
Head to www.redfridayfrisco.com to see what it's all about and watch the video below to let Kris explain things.
We've got some great news for all FCD fans who frequent Toyota Stadium. The ever-popular Cane's Challenge is returning for 2014!
Every time FC Dallas scores in a home game at Toyota Stadium in 2014, take your game ticket to any DFW area Raising Cane's to score a buy one get one free combo through close of business the day after game day.
FCD goals = Free chicken fingers!
FC Dallas has partnered with the popular transportation service Uber to help fans get to and from two of the biggest events of FCD Week safely and in style. Uber will be providing a special offer to FC Dallas fans looking for a ride to Cocktails & Cleats (7-10 p.m.) in downtown Dallas this Thursday and to Toyota Stadium this Saturday when FC Dallas kicks off the 2014 season against the Montreal Impact, presented by AdvoCare (7:30p.m. kickoff).
First-time Uber users who enter the promo code FCDALLAS will receive their first ride FREE, up to $30 off. Just sign up for an Uber account here, and the code will automatically apply to your first ride!
As you can see, we have a new look to the blog section of the FC Dallas website that we're launching in conjunction with #DigitalTuesday called Red Alert.
Anyone who knew me before I joined FC Dallas, knows that I got my start in the writing world by starting "Big D Soccer" a blog dedicated to FCD and ever since I became a full time contributor to the website I've been wanting to have a dedicated blog on FCDallas.com where the voice can be a little more casual. A place for the hardcore fan.
As happens in just about every line of work, it took a little while to get everything together, but today myself and FCDallas.com Managing Editor Scott Brown are extremely excited to launch Red Alert.
So how is this going to be different than what we have now? Expect a lot more updates from us, but in smaller bits. We're going to have links, analysis, pictures, polls, lots of social interaction and since it's called the Red Alert, you'll never miss a piece of FC Dallas content as I'll post links to every piece of FCDallas.com content on the Red Alert. Think of this as your FCD news stream keeping you updated on everything happening within the club.
I'm excited to see what this will turn into so thanks for reading and be sure to bookmark the Red Alert!