Here's everyone's favorite FCDTV halftime segment, Name That Tune, from Saturday's game vs Seattle:
You could meet some of your favorite FC Dallas players this week with two Meet & Greets scheduled at local Fiesta locations this Thursday, April 17 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Homegrown players Victor Ulloa and Moises Hernandez will be at the Fiesta at 1200 E. Parker Road in Plano and Colombian duo Fabian Castillo and Jair Benitez will be at the Fiesta at 8060 Spring Valley Road in Plano.
In addition to the Meet & Greets, Fiesta and Budweiser are giving fans the chance to win a trip to Seattle to watch FC Dallas take on Sounders FC at CenturyLink Field on Wednesday, May 7. Fans can enter to win by texting DALLAS to 839863.
FC Dallas Youth will hold open tryouts for the 01 ECNL team for the 2014-15 season. Tryout dates and times are listed below. All tryouts will take place at Toyota Soccer Center in Frisco with each field assignment to be announced shortly before each tryout.
|Monday, April 28||6:30-8 p.m.|
|Wednesday, April 30||6:30-8 p.m.|
|Monday, May 5||6:30-8 p.m.|
|Wednesday, May 7||6:30-8 p.m.|
|Monday, May 12||6:30-8 p.m.|
|Wednesday, May 14||6:30-8 p.m.|
The tryout process will conclude with a pair of scrimmages to take place from 1-3 p.m. also at Toyota Soccer Center on Saturday, May 17 and Sunday, May 25, respectively. For more information, please contact ECNL U-14 coach Matt Grubb at 215-507-2259 or email@example.com.
FC Dallas once against found plenty of success on day two of Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXV. With all 15 FCD-affiliated teams in action, there were plenty of games and the FCD Academy went 9-5-1 on the day. Here's a rundown of the results and standings:
U-19 Gordon Jago Super Group
The U-18 Development Academy fell out of semifinal contention with a 3-1 loss to Brazilian side Coritiba FC. Jordan Cano scored for FCD in defeat. Click here for a full match recap.
Scott Dymond's 96B Premier team defeated Toronto Lynx 2-0 to move to a perfect 2-0-0 in their group. They'll advance to the quarterfinals with at least a draw against IMG Academy on Wednesday.
FC Dallas Youth 96 began the Dallas Cup on Monday with a 0-0 draw against PLFL Select from England.
FC Dallas El Paso 96/97 began the Dallas Cup with a 2-1 loss to FC Astoria Walldorf.
FCD's 97B Premier team defeated Juventus SC Elite from Canada 2-1 yesterday, moving to 2-0-0 in their group. They'll advance to the knockout round with at least a draw on Wednesday against IMG Academy.
FCD 97B Blue defeated TSF Academy 2-0 to move to 2-0-0 on the week. They'll win their group if they can at least draw Dallas Texans tomorrow.
FCD 97B Gold followed up yesterday's big win with a 1-0 win over Rio Rapids to move to 2-0-0 on the week. They're also guaranteed a spot in the semifinals with at least a draw on Wednesday.
The FCD U-15 Academy lost 2-1 to Monarcas Academy Warriors of Canada to move to 1-1 on the week. They will need to win tomorrow and hope for a Monarcas loss to advance from the group.
The FCD 98B Premier team defeated Futbolito Tuzos 3-0 to move to 2-0-0 on the week. Adan Garcia scored twice in the win while Keegan McCombie scored the third. They are guaranteed qualification to the knockout round with at least a draw tomorrow.
The U-14 USSDA Academy bounced back from yesterday's loss to defeat Delfines SD of Mexico 2-0
Clem Oancea's 99B Premier side defeated Prepa Tec of Mexico 1-0 to move to 2-0-0 on the week. They will need to defeat the Colorado Rapids Academy tomorrow to advance to the knockout round.
FCD 00B Premier continued their strong Dallas Cup with a 2-1 win over Angeles Soccer Elite to move to 2-0-0 on the week. Guy Esquivel and Nick Garcia scored for FCD in the win.
Darrin Hedges' 00B East team lost 2-1 to Arkansas Comets to move to 1-1-0 on the week.
The FCD U-13 Academy team defeated Vardar South 2-1 and will qualify for the knockout round with a win on Wednesday.
SEGMENT 1: Stein and Steve reflect on Clint Dempsey's two-goal return to Big D and look forward to the 35th edition of the prestigious Dallas Cup.
SEGMENT 2: Former Everton and Manchester City manager Joe Royle makes his Soccer Today debut to discuss Liverpool's stirring 3-2 victory over City at Anfield and what it means for the title race.
SEGMENT 3: The boys play some true-or-false about the Champions League semifinal draw, Atlanta's hopes of getting the 23rd franchise in Major League Soccer and the national-team futures of Maurice Edu and Jozy Altidore.
SEGMENT 4: Stein's sitdown with U.S. national team striker and Texas native Clint Dempsey puts the perfect seal on Dempsey's homecoming weekend.
Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXV got off to a soggy start on Sunday morning as rain affected and delayed some morning games, but that didn't stop FC Dallas from scoring an impressive run of results, going 9-2-1 on the opening day of the tournament. Here's how the FCD teams fared from U-19 to U-13:
U-19 Gordon Jago Super Group
The U-18 Development Academy group got off to a tough start against defending champions Fulham FC, falling 4-0 to the Premier Academy League champions. Click here for a full match recap.
Scott Dymond's 96B Premier team defeated Fussballschule Millerntor of Germany 3-1 with James Olmos scoring twice and Stian Sandbekkhaug scoring a third in the victory.
FCD's 97B Premier team scored a strong 3-2 win over Toronto Lynx with Ivan Ulloa scoring twice in the victory and Kamar Marriott adding the third goal in the win.
FCD 97B Blue defeated Mana U17 from Mexico 2-1 on Sunday afternoon.
FCD 97B Gold scored the biggest win of the day beating Gold Coast Knights from Australia by a stunning 11-0 scoreline.
The FCD U-15 Academy defeated Academia Venezolana from Venezuela 2-1 at MoneyGram Soccer Park.
The FCD 98B Premier team defeated West Toronto United by a 4-1 scoreline. Gerber Chavez opened the scoring off an assist from Adan Garcia. Chuy Armendariz scored the second goal while Keegan McCombie also scored for FCD in the win.
In the only other FCD loss of the day, the U-14 USSDA Academy team fell to a strong Eintracht Frankfurt U-15 side 4-0.
Clem Oancea's 99B Premier side defeated FC Astoria Walldorf of Germany 2-0
FCD 00B Premier started the Dallas Cup strong with a 2-0 win against Ravens Wood School from England.
Darrin Hedges' 00B East team defeated Scuola Calcio from Puerto Rico 5-1. Kent Malloy opened the scoring for FCD while Eddie Sanchez added a second-half hat trick. Connor Jones closed out the scoring while Miguel Rosales had three assists for FC Dallas in the win.
The FCD U-13 Academy team tied Pinguinos of Mexico 1-1 in the only draw of the day.
Here's The Final Word from FCDTV after Saturday's loss to Seattle Sounders FC:
FC Dallas lost a close 3-2 game to Seattle Sounders FC in front of over 17,000 at Toyota Stadium. Here's Oscar Pareja's post-game press conference:
After a week on the road, we're back at Toyota Stadium tonight for one of the matches of the season as first-place FC Dallas hosts Seattle Sounders FC fresh off their 4-4 draw in Portland that saw Texas-native Clint Dempsey score a hat trick. Tonight has the potential to be a special one in Frisco and here's the 10 things you need to know before heading to tonight's match:
1. It's Frisco ISD night at the stadium and Dr. Jeremy Lyon, Frisco ISD Superintendent, will be scarfing the Lamar Hunt Statue. Frisco ISD and FC Dallas have as closely knit of a partnership as any MLS team and they have been instrumental in helping our aspiring Academy players train on a daily basis while still having a normal high school workload.
2. As always, you'll want to arrive early tonight as we're expecting another huge crowd tonight, likely the biggest of the season yet.
3. Tonight's game represents a matchup of the two highest scoring teams in Major League Soccer so far this season with FCD & Seattle combining for 22 goals in ten games. Despite the Sounders offensive prowess, Matt Hedges and Zach Loyd know a strong defensive performance will be key to victory.
4. While parking is always free for everyone at Toyota Stadium, our Toyota drivers out there can enjoy FREE upgraded parking in the Camry Gold Lot tonight. The Camry Gold Lot is directly NW of the stadium adjacent to the Dr. Pink field.
5. Stop by the brand new El Jimador Cantina in the northwest terrace of Toyota Stadium tonight at halftime and after the game to hear live music from Chet Stevens.
6. Tonight's weather forecast is looking very good with mostly cloudy skies, temperatures in the mid-70s and relatively gusty winds.
7. Tonight's game is set for a 7:30PM kickoff and will be broadcast live on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 148, 100.7FM(English) and 1270AM(Spanish)
8. This is only the start of a nine-day stretch of live soccer in north Texas with the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup kicking off on Sunday, Generation adidas Cup kicking off Monday and a reserve match against OKC Energy set for Tuesday night at Toyota Stadium.
9. FC Dallas has a league-leading five players who have scored at least two goals this season. Will it be Mauro Diaz, Je-Vaughn Watson or Fabian Castillo playing hero tonight? Or could someone else step up to score a game-winner?
10. Ticket options are very limited, especially on the east side and endline for tonight's match! If you want to avoid box office lines and possibly being told certain price points are sold out, get your tickets now!