It’s a busy weekend for many FC Dallas players not in the state of Ohio.
Five players are on national team duty during the September FIFA international window – three playing in 2018 World Cup qualifiers and two playing friendlies. Four players will play on Friday, Sept. 4 and all five Dallas players will play on Tuesday, Sept. 8.
Tesho Akindele and Canada open up a home-and-home qualifier on Friday in Toronto against Belize, finishing the second leg on Tuesday in Belmopan.
Moises Hernandez and Guatemala will face Antigua and Barbuda in a qualifying series on Friday in North Sound, Antigua and Tuesday in Ciudad de Guatemala.
Je-Vaughn Watson and Jamaica begin a qualifying match-up with Nicaragua in Kingston on Friday before traveling to Managua on Tuesday.
Blas Perez and Panama will play a pair of friendlies beginning on Friday against Uruguay in Panama City before taking on Venezuela on Tuesday in Puerto Ordaz.
Fabian Castillo is slated to make his Senior National Team debut on Tuesday as Colombia takes on Peru in a friendly at Red Bull Arena in New York.
|Sept. 4||Canada vs. Belize|
|Sept. 4||Guatemala at Antigua and Barbuda|
|Sept. 4||Jamaica vs. Nicaragua|
|Sept. 4||Panama vs. Uruguay (Friendly)|
|Sept. 8||Canada at Belize|
|Sept. 8||Jamaica at Nicaragua|
|Sept. 8||Guatemala vs. Antigua and Barbuda|
|Sept. 8||Panama at Venezuela (Friendly)|
|Sept. 8||Colombia vs. Peru (Friendly - New York)|
Over the weekend at the Toyota Soccer Center, the FC Dallas Academy teams opened the 2015-2016 season with five matches against local side Solar Chelsea. It was a successful weekend as FCD went 4-0-1, here's a recap of the action:
FC Dallas U-18s: 1
Solar Chelsea U-18s: 0
Eddie Munjoma slotted home a penalty kick to give FC Dallas U-18s three points in their first competitive match since winning the U-16 US Soccer Development Academy National Championship.
FC Dallas U-16s: 3
Solar Chelsea U-16s: 2
Paxton Pomykal, Luis Carillo and Daniel Evans tallied in the victory for the new FCD U-16 side opening the season in successful fashion after winning the U-15 national championship last season.
FC Dallas U-15s: 3
Solar Chelsea U-15s: 0
Adrian Morales opened the scoring off a corner kick from Roba Negeri while an individual effort from Imanol Almaguer earned FCD their second goal on an own goal. In his first match with FCD, Pablo Arias combined with Edwin Cerrillo to score the third goal while goalkeeper Sebastian Zavala recorded a clean sheet.
FC Dallas U-14s: 4
Solar Chelsea U-14s: 0
Bryan Reynolds scored twice for the U-14s while Johan Gomez and Luis Pacheco also found goals in the season-opening win for the U-14s.
FC Dallas U-13s: 1
Solar Chelsea U-13s: 1
Beni Redzic found the goal for the U-13s as they started the season with a draw.
For 28 days of August, the hottest month of the year was incredibly unkind to FC Dallas who had amassed no points from three matches against Chicago, Los Angeles and Vancouver despite playing well enough to earn at least a point in two of them. Perhaps the soccer gods were saving all the good luck for the last weekend of the month.
Week 26 of the MLS regular season was one of the most positive for FCD as not only did Oscar Pareja's side secure a vital three points against a Western Conference rival nipping at their heels, but the Frisco side also saw results around the Western Conference go their way vaulting Dallas from fifth to third at the end of the weekend. It was a weekend that saw Dallas gain three points on each of the four teams above them in the standings entering the weekend.
Over in Colorado, the Rapids won their third game in a row coming from behind to beat Sporting Kansas City 2-1. The loss for SKC coupled with the Dallas win sees FCD leapfrog them in the standings now a point above their midwest foes with equal games played.
FCD also jumped above the Portland Timbers in the standings as they were unlucky to lose 2-1 at Seattle. The Timbers outshot and generally outplayed their opponents but fell in a match that sees FCD move to a point ahead of the Cascadia side while also holding two vital games in hand.
At the top of the West, both teams fell to defeat as Los Angeles dropped a 1-0 result away to San Jose while Vancouver lost 2-0 to Houston while losing two players to red cards. FCD sits four points behind Vancouver and five points behind LA at the top, but has two games in hand on the Whitecaps and three games in hand on LA.
Things simply could not be any tighter at the top of the Western Conference with .04 PPG separating Dallas, Los Angeles, Vancouver and Sporting KC. FCD is the only one of these four teams playing this weekend as Dallas travels to Columbus for a match on Sunday afternoon.
Just ten games remain in the 2015 MLS Regular Season and the sprint to the finish starts Saturday night at Toyota Stadium against Real Salt Lake. Here are ten things to know about #FCDvRSL
1. #FCDvRSL is presented by Cricket Wireless and they're giving the first 5,000 fans FC Dallas flags! Arrive early to snag yours before they're gone.
2. Speaking of arriving early, get there are 7:30 for our Lamar Hunt Statue scarfing ceremony with 2015 FC Dallas Community MVP Josue Arista of G.O.A.L Denton, a program that uses the beautiful game to empower young people in the community. He does some amazing work in DFW and definitely deserves a great crowd.
3. You can actually take home the jersey off the back of one of the FC Dallas players on Saturday night while supporting the FC Dallas Foundation. Click here for all the details on tomorrow's program.
4. FC Dallas is a perfect 10-0-0 this season when scoring two or more goals. Find more #FCDvRSL stats in our By The Numbers feature.
5. If you like matches with playoff implications, this is one for you. RSL needs a win to keep pace while FCD can move as high as third tomorrow night.
6. According to Kellyn Acosta, "it's time to grind" for an FC Dallas team looking to finish atop the Western Conference. This week's match poster is dedicated to that quote and you can get yours in the team store.
7. If you can't make Saturday's match, kickoff is set for 8:00PM and the game is available in English on Time Warner Cable Sports HD 323. Your radio options are 100.7FM(English) with Steve Davis and 1270AM(Spanish) with Carlos Alvarado.
8. Hear what Kellyn Acosta, Ryan Hollingshead and Oscar Pareja had to say about Saturday's big match.
9. It's typical August weather on tap Saturday night with a high near 95 but cooling into the upper 70s as the sun goes down.
10. Ticket options in the endline and east side are very limited for Saturday's match so if you don't have your #FCDvRSL tickets yet, snag them quickly!
Have you ever wanted to get your very own FC Dallas game-worn jersey? How about one of the limited edition Fan Appreciation jerseys with the special numbers worn only in August of this season?
FC Dallas vs RSL is your chance with our FC Dallas Foundation Jersey Off Their Backs Auction. Here's how it works:
- Text fcdallas to 52182 and follow the promts to register. Then you will be directed to a website where you can bid on the auction for each player. You do not have to be present to be the winning bidder or place a bid.
- After entering your credit card info, place your bids. You will receive a text when you have been outbid.
- The auction ends at the end of halftime and winners will be notified early in the second half.
- If you are the lucky winner and at the game, go to the FC Dallas Foundation table on the northwest concourse at the 80th minute. You plus a guest will greet the player as he leaves the match to get your signed(and probably a little sweaty) jersey! If you are not at Toyota Stadium you will be contacted with details on how to receive your jersey.
All proceeds go to the FC Dallas Foundation so get to bidding tomorrow night and get a one-of-a-kind jersey from your favorite player!
The marathon is becoming a sprint. Just ten games remain in the 2015 MLS Regular Season and that means every single game carries massive importance.
For FC Dallas, things are pretty simple. Despite a three-game losing streak, Oscar Pareja's side is still in very solid shape to make the playoffs and even slide into a high seed given the fact that they have games in hand on nearly every team above them.
Prior to last Saturday's loss to Los Angeles, FCD had gained a full three points in six out of seven home games and with five left in the season, a tally of between 10 and 15 points is certainly attainable. That has to start with three points against RSL and a win against Jeff Cassar's side would effectively put them in the rear view for FCD. There's no doubt Dallas aims to finish in one of the top two seeds to avoid the wild card round game, and three points in this one leaves Dallas within striking distance.
For Real Salt Lake, the situation is quite a bit more urgent. A huge 2-0 win against Seattle breathed some life into an RSL team headed for 2015 oblivion, but it won't mean a whole lot if they can't follow that up with a win on Saturday. They have just eight games left in the season and with a win could even pull even for the last playoff spot while a loss could leave them as many as six points below the red line with just seven games left. Additionally, losing to Dallas would leave them nine points behind FCD with two more games played, effectively ruining any chances of catching their Western Conference rivals.
Last season after a goalless draw early in the year, FCD and RSL played two contentious, controversial and memorable matches with FCD topping RSL 2-1 in Frisco after Blas Perez was controversially sent off in the first half of the match. The red card seemed to only enliven the Toyota Stadium crowd and the victory was one of the most memorable of the year as Dallas marched to a 2014 playoff appearance. The return leg at Rio Tinto Stadium saw Alvaro Saborio score a game-winning goal just seconds after coming into the game.
What will happen in 2015? You'd better make your plans to join us at Toyota Stadium on Saturday night. Just ten games are left in the run to the MLS Cup Playoffs.
Here are your highlights as FC Dallas falls to Vancouver:
It's been an up-and-down two weeks in Mexico City for the FC Dallas U-15s as they compete in the Liga BBVA Bancomer U-15 International tournament, but things finished on a high note Friday afternoon. Here's a recap of the last three games of the tournament, check out the first half recap here:
In a must-win game on Tuesday, FC Dallas took the lead in the first half through a header from Jesus Ferreira, but they were unable to hang on conceding a game-winner in the 59th minute to give the German side a win that effectively eliminated FCD from the tournament.
Chivas Guadalajara 7 FC Dallas 0
In the toughest loss of the tournament, FCD fell big to Chivas Guadalajara a day after the disappointing loss to Eintracht.
Jose Carlos Garcia scored twice and Kevin Kim scored the game-winning goal with ten minutes left as FC Dallas twice came from a goal down to beat Liga MX side Pachuca and end the tournament on a high note.
FC Dallas finishes the tournament with a 2-4-1 record that left them with 7 points, the second-most out of four international teams only behind Eintracht Frankfurt who will play Chivas Guadalajara in the championship match at Estadio Azteca on Saturday.
Nearly 80 teams from 13 states as well as Mexico competed in the Budweiser Adult Summer Showdown last weekend at the Toyota Soccer Center and it was the local teams who dominated the weekend.
In the men's Premier division, Dallas United defeated Dallas Elite in an all-local championship match.
In the Over 30 Gold division, Azzuri FC from Dallas defeated Select 2 from Oklahoma City while the Over 30 Silver division saw Gunners FC from Fort Worth take down FSC Wanderers from Dallas.
In the men's Competitive division, Centro America from Dallas defeated Austin Blues FC to win another title for a local team while Killer Ducks from Dallas won the co-ed division over WLFWCO from Dallas.
Finally, in the Women's Open Division, Turbo defeated Glory Daze to take home the championship.
After the games on Saturday, all the teams took in the sold out FC Dallas vs LA Galaxy match as well. For more information on the tournaments at the Toyota Soccer Center visit FCDallas.com/Tournaments.